Windows 10: Never heard of a Key Expiring Window 10 issue

Discus and support Never heard of a Key Expiring Window 10 issue in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Greetings My brother has bought a computer from a amazon prebuild gaming pc for around 500-600 dollars. this was in June. we had few problem with it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Stigma311, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Stigma311 Win User

Never heard of a Key Expiring Window 10 issue

Greetings

My brother has bought a computer from a amazon prebuild gaming pc for around 500-600 dollars. this was in June. we had few problem with it but not as bad what about to ask about.

5 days ago he had WIFI adapter issue that i was able to fix for a little while until happen with different WIFI adapter card . any way gonna fast forward to the real problem.

After 6th day after he update this pc to last stable version of windows 10 . we got a notice saying that his key has expire or the person who build his pc has used one of the dirt cheap keys. I have never heard of a Microsoft window key expiring. is this possible at all?

:)

Stigma311, Dec 19, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 19, 2020
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Never heard of a Key Expiring Window 10 issue - Similar Threads - Never heard Key

2. Windows 10 Product Key Expiring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Product Key Expiring: Hello all,I've had a pop up on my Windows system that continuously pops up stating Windows 10 Product Key is expiring soon. I believe this to be legitimate but am not 100% confident. This is a custom built PC from maybe 4-5 years ago. I saw another thread 4 years ago asking...
  3. Windows 10 Product Key Expiring

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Product Key Expiring: Hello all,I've had a pop up on my Windows system that continuously pops up stating Windows 10 Product Key is expiring soon. I believe this to be legitimate but am not 100% confident. This is a custom built PC from maybe 4-5 years ago. I saw another thread 4 years ago asking...
  4. Windows 10 Product Key Expiring

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 will expire soon issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 will expire soon issue: So i checked i am using a kms, and i have 20 more days before the expiration date. I don't have much experience in computers, what am i supposed to do to continue using a kms after these 20 days? submitted by /u/HumanError420 [link] [comments]...
  6. Confused -- What's Windows 10 Team --never heard of it before ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Confused -- What's Windows 10 Team --never heard of it before ?: Hi folks Any ideas what Windows 10 Team Edition is -- never heard of it before = or is it only vailable in some areas. Cheers jimbo 164591
  7. Password set to never expire with GPO

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password set to never expire with GPO: Hey, I Modified our GPO for Password policy to never expire (maximum password age = 0), I confirmed that the GPO took effect on all computers and on DC, but users passwords are still expiring (i confirmed they are not old expirations). submitted by /u/TeqWize [link]...
  8. issue - windows will expire

issue - windows will expire: Long term running computer that was originally windows 8.1 and upgraded to windows 10, now the windows expire message is appearing and can't get rid of it. Have tried to disable and re-enter original number. Had issues a few years back and the online assistance company...
  9. Windows 10 key will expire soon

Windows 10 key will expire soon: Hello...after i did my windows update i keep getting this message for some reason...when i go to Settings->Activation i dont have the activation button only Change product key I did the Powershell(admin) command with slmgr.vbs /dlv and i`ll upload the picture... [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10 product key expired

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 product key expired: When I bought a fresh copy of windows in june I pressed install and assumed that I was done with the installation. It wasn't until today that I realized that I needed to enter a product key, and that is expired. Is it possible for windows to check if a product key is expired...