Windows 10: Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In

Discus and support Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We have a Windows 10 Pro mini PC set up to run a Novisign slide show in the main lobby of the Town Hall where I work. We want to stop it from going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Joni Graybill, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In

We have a Windows 10 Pro mini PC set up to run a Novisign slide show in the main lobby of the Town Hall where I work. We want to stop it from going back to the Sign In screen every 15 minutes, but the "Never" option is missing from the Require Sign-In options and there is a red message stating, "Security Policies on this PC are preventing some options from being shown." This PC should not have any policies in place preventing any settings from being changed. It was purchased new specifically for the purpose of playing this slide show. It has never been joined to a domain. I am logged in as the

:)

Joni Graybill, Jun 1, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Sign-in options: Require sign-in "When PC wakes up from sleep" missing

As a test, try using step 4 in option 5 to disable require sign-in on wakeup may work for you.

Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10

Brink, Jun 1, 2022
  3. Sign-in options: Require sign-in "When PC wakes up from sleep" missing

I just tried step 4 in option 5 to disable require sign-in on wakeup. This changed nothing.

Again, the current behavior already does NOT require sign-in on wakeup. The desired behavior is for it to indeed REQUIRE sign-in on wakeup.

If anything, step 3 in option 5 would fix it, but as I mentioned in my last post, this did NOT fix it either.

Is there anything else I could try? If not, I will open a new thread where I state my original problem in more clear terms. Perhaps I gave too much information and it became confusing about what my issue was. I simply wanted to be thorough to eliminate the need for "try restarting your machine" or "have you changed this setting that does exactly what you want".

trevorshiloh, Jun 1, 2022
  4. Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In

Cannot change the require sign-in options in sign in options

Hi Gerad,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you regarding the change of Required sign-in options but in RED is stated that "authentication is required when this pc awake from sleep and security policies on PC are preventing to change
    settings". I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

Did you make any changes in the power options of the system?

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X and then click on
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power options.
    • Click on Required a password on Wakeup
    • In the Password protection on Wake up click on
      Don’t required password.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 1, 2022
Thema:

Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In

1. Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In - Similar Threads - Never Option Missing

2. Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In: We have a Windows 10 Pro mini PC set up to run a Novisign slide show in the main lobby of the Town Hall where I work. We want to stop it from going back to the Sign In screen every 15 minutes, but the "Never" option is missing from the Require Sign-In options and there is a...
  3. Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In: We have a Windows 10 Pro mini PC set up to run a Novisign slide show in the main lobby of the Town Hall where I work. We want to stop it from going back to the Sign In screen every 15 minutes, but the "Never" option is missing from the Require Sign-In options and there is a...
  4. no "Require sign in " option

in Windows 10 Customization
    no "Require sign in " option: Hi I just had to totally wipe my pc and had win 10 reinstalled. I am now trying to get it back to the way it was. It seems there are different win 10 OS's out there. Anyway it has this irritating having to 'sign in' after sleep thing going on. I don't need a password just...
  5. Require sign-in option in Sign in options roll back to "Never" randomly.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Require sign-in option in Sign in options roll back to "Never" randomly.: Hi, I recently bought this computer on Windows 10, and I quickly changed security settings : I set up a password, pin, lock screen background etc...But a settings keep changing : the one below...I always set this "require sign in" option to "When PC wakes up from sleep" but...
  6. 'Require sign-in' is missing from Sign-in Options

'Require sign-in' is missing from Sign-in Options: I want no lockscreen or sign-in screen when I open the lid of the laptop - I want it to just resume playing a video.I was told to tweak that missing option to solve the second problem....
  7. Password is missing from sign-in options

in Windows 10 Support
    Password is missing from sign-in options: This is on the wife's DELL Laptop I was working on. "Here's the post" My wife wants me to change the login password from the one that I created. No big deal I thought. Now the thing is that option is not there. How do I find this option?? Thank folks I really appreciate your...
  8. Sign-in options: Require sign-in "When PC wakes up from sleep" missing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign-in options: Require sign-in "When PC wakes up from sleep" missing: Hello, I recently migrated from Windows 7 and am trying to mimic the experience I had in regards to sleep/wake. The way I have my power options set up is for the display to turn off after 10 minutes, and for it never to sleep on its own. If I want it to sleep, I'll press...
  9. require sign-in options

require sign-in options: require sign-in options windows hello is preventing some options from being shown I can't change the options. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/require-sign-in-options/04fd9f89-fb14-4290-8728-d5eacc44a346
  10. Require sign in from sleep option missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Require sign in from sleep option missing: On a new Dell XPS 15 in "accounts" section of Windows 10 settings. I want to set it to "when PC wakes from sleep" in the "require sign in" section. All that is listed is "never" or various time intervals. Is there a way to enable it please? Thank you. submitted by...