Windows 10: Never Received Upgrade Activation Key

Discus and support Never Received Upgrade Activation Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We upgraded a PC from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Enterprise, which worked with no problem. However, now it's telling me to Activate Windows, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DanLee8, Aug 5, 2019.

1. DanLee8 Win User

Never Received Upgrade Activation Key

We upgraded a PC from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Enterprise, which worked with no problem. However, now it's telling me to Activate Windows, and it's requiring the product key. It says the new product key was sent via email, but no email was received. How do I contact Microsoft to have them resend the email and to verify the email address it's being sent to? Everything I find online says I need to purchase a $499 support plan to talk with anyone! Please help!

:)

DanLee8, Aug 5, 2019
  2. Abi99 (2) Win User

Activation key not received

This issue is three fold:

• On your microSD make sure there is no existing (invisible) WMLicense.dat file.
    • Use the Nokia Music Player to transfer your WMA music.
    • There is a bug in WMDRM-DLA (avoided if you go for setp 1 and 2).
    The latter, Nokia should look into. Steps to reproduce:

• took a Series 40 phone
    • took a WMA file not correctly transferred
    • tried to open it: Please activate ….wma

which leads to Receiving activation key » Activation key not received.
    In the background, the Nokia Series 40 phone opened a connection to a server called
    licensing.music.ovi.com with

POST /wmrm10/postdelivery/EntryPoint.aspx HTTP/1.1

However, this creates a HTTP status Not Found (404).

Abi99 (2), Aug 5, 2019
  3. Music Activation key issue

I recently purchased a Nokia 5220 xpress music phone, I was given some free music songs with it.

I was asked to send a sms and will receive activation keys for the songs. All went well I was shown a message

"Receive Activation key from untrusted source" and i keep doing "ok". I received around 50 such keys.

but my songs are still locked and are not playing. Activation keys are not working.

Am i missing any step?

Pls suggest.

mrramangarg, Aug 5, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

Not only that, you can check your M$ account and see what devices are listed there, so you know if you can do a clean install or not. Do the upgrade, get it activated, verify that it is listed in your account, then feel free to do a fresh install without activation issues ever.

cadaveca, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Never Received Upgrade Activation Key - Similar Threads - Never Received Upgrade

2. Upgraded to windows pro but product never activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded to windows pro but product never activated: Two months ago I tried to upgrade my pc at home to Windows 10 Pro so I can utilize windows remote desktop software. When I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. It said there was a connection issue Internet was working fine cant connect to activation servers....
  3. Upgraded to windows pro but product never activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded to windows pro but product never activated: Two months ago I tried to upgrade my pc at home to Windows 10 Pro so I can utilize windows remote desktop software. When I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. It said there was a connection issue Internet was working fine cant connect to activation servers....
  4. Upgraded to windows pro but product never activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Never received an email or product key after purchase.

Never received an email or product key after purchase.: I just purchased Visual Studio Pro 2022, but I did not get an email with my product key. Very important! How do I go about getting it?Thank you,Mike...
  6. Never received an email or product key after purchase.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Never received an email or product key after purchase.: I just purchased Visual Studio Pro 2022, but I did not get an email with my product key. Very important! How do I go about getting it?Thank you,Mike...
  7. Never received an email or product key after purchase.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Did not receive Activation key via email

Did not receive Activation key via email: I purchased Windows 10 USB, not the download. I did not receive the activation key in the confirmation email, neither is it in my order history. I already installed the free Windows 10 on my computer so all I really need is the activation key. I know I don't have the digital...
  9. Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, no product key received, can't activate

Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, no product key received, can't activate: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro however for some reason it's trying to activate itself as Windows 10 Enterprise. I have bought this upgrade from Microsoft Store, when I go into order history it is marked as completed but when I try to click for...
  10. Didn't receive an activation key after purchasing an upgrade

Didn't receive an activation key after purchasing an upgrade: I purchased a laptop with pre-installed Win 10 Home. Then I purchased an upgrade to Win 10 Pro from MS Store. After the purchase, I installed the upgrade and received an email with the receipt. My credit card was charged, but I never received an email with the activation key...