Windows 10: Never require sign in while using fingerprint - Windows 10

Discus and support Never require sign in while using fingerprint - Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 on an HP Envy 17t-ce100 6UX02AV which has a fingerprint scanner. When the fingerprint option to sign in is chosen, the option to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by confooseddesi89, May 8, 2020.

1. Never require sign in while using fingerprint - Windows 10

I'm using Windows 10 on an HP Envy 17t-ce100 6UX02AV which has a fingerprint scanner. When the fingerprint option to sign in is chosen, the option to change the "if you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again?" is stuck on "every time" and grayed out. I want to choose "never" - the only way to change this option is to use the password to sign in. The drop down menu is grayed out both for using the fingerprint scanner or using the PIN. Is there any way to change this?

FYI I sometimes use another computer without a fingerprint scanner, an Asus Vivobook S15, and I'm able to use the PIN while keeping "if you've been away, when should Windows require you to sign in again" selected at "never."

:)

confooseddesi89, May 8, 2020
  2. salim Win User

Windows 10 Pro fingerprint sign in

Hello,
    I am using windows 10 Pro 64bit, i want to add fingerprint sign in. After reading around the internet i have come to discover that "Windows hello is primarily used as a fingerprint sign in option for windows 10,, however windows hello requires specific hardware i.e. IR sensors, camera, e.t.c,

I have a Secugen Hamster III (HFDU02e), i have installed necessary drivers for my Hamster III and it appears below biometric devices in computer manager,

So how do i sign in with my fingerprint scanner in windows 10 ?
    Note: Windows hello is currently not available under sign in options in my windows installation.

salim, May 8, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint to sign in to Windows. It would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• When you say, “I am not getting the option to log-in into windows using fingerprint.” What login options do you see on the login screen?
    • What happens when you try to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint scanner to login to Windows?
    • Were you able to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint to login to Windows earlier?

Ideally, on the login screen, you will see Sign-in options that allows you to use different sign-in methods to login to Windows.

As you have mentioned that you are able to use the Fingerprint scanner on websites, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. On the login screen, click on Sign-in options.
    2. Click on the Fingerprint icon, scan the Fingerprint, and see if you are able to sign in.

Refer the screenshot below:

Never require sign in while using fingerprint - Windows 10 fc087693-5104-47d8-960f-4d6097885918?upload=true.jpg

If the issue persists, try removing the Fingerprint and add it again. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and click on
      Sign-in options
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Windows Hello Fingerprint and click on
      Remove.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the Fingerprint.
    5. Once done, click on Set up and follow the on-screen instructions to add the Fingerprint.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 8, 2020
  4. Never require sign in while using fingerprint - Windows 10

fingerprint sign in isnt working or letting me set up

Hello Samantha,

Driver incompatibility is one of the possible reasons why fingerprint sign-in isn't working on your computer. For us to further isolate and assist you better with this, kindly follow the steps below:

Step 1: Roll back drivers / use default drivers

• Open Device Manager by right-clicking the Start button and choosing Device Manager from the list.
    • Locate your fingerprint driver and double click it to open its properties.
    • Click the Roll Back Driver button.
    This will install the previously installed driver instead of the one you’re currently using.

To go back to the default drivers do the following:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Find your fingerprint scanner driver.
    • Right-click it and choose Uninstall device.
    • Check Delete the driver software for this device and click
      Uninstall

Step 2: Update your drivers

It's often better to use the latest driver optimized for Windows 10, so make sure that you visit your fingerprint scanner manufacturer and check for latest Windows 10 drivers.

We also suggest visiting the article below to know more details about it.

Update drivers in Windows 10

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Never require sign in while using fingerprint - Windows 10

1. Never require sign in while using fingerprint - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Never require sign

2. "Your PIN is required to sign in." after unsuccessful fingerprints.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your PIN is required to sign in." after unsuccessful fingerprints.: Dear friends, I'm constantly inconvenienced by the way Windows Hello works. It is not always possible to authorize by fingerprint the first time after reboot, 2-3 unsuccessful attempts and Windows requires to enter PIN. Is there any technical possibility in Windows 10 to...
  3. Pin is required after using fingerprint?

Pin is required after using fingerprint?: I registered a fingerprint to login. After I added it, windows asked if I wanted to add a pin just incase i couldnt use my fingerprint.I guess if i got glue or paint on my finger i could still logon. Seemed logical. For some reason when I try to log on with the finger print...
  4. Pin is required after using fingerprint?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin is required after using fingerprint?: I registered a fingerprint to login. After I added it, windows asked if I wanted to add a pin just incase i couldnt use my fingerprint.I guess if i got glue or paint on my finger i could still logon. Seemed logical. For some reason when I try to log on with the finger print...
  5. Using Fingerprint scanner with timed required sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Fingerprint scanner with timed required sign in: Is there any way to enable the finger print scanner with required sign in time being 15min?I've attached a picture to better explain: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-fingerprint-scanner-with-timed-required-sign/64f38f49-df88-4485-9272-fe0b6ca1d14c
  6. Using Fingerprint scanner with timed required sign in

Using Fingerprint scanner with timed required sign in: Is there any way to enable the finger print scanner with required sign in time being 15min?I've attached a picture to better explain: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-fingerprint-scanner-with-timed-required-sign/64f38f49-df88-4485-9272-fe0b6ca1d14c
  7. Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In: We have a Windows 10 Pro mini PC set up to run a Novisign slide show in the main lobby of the Town Hall where I work. We want to stop it from going back to the Sign In screen every 15 minutes, but the "Never" option is missing from the Require Sign-In options and there is a...
  8. Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In

Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In: We have a Windows 10 Pro mini PC set up to run a Novisign slide show in the main lobby of the Town Hall where I work. We want to stop it from going back to the Sign In screen every 15 minutes, but the "Never" option is missing from the Require Sign-In options and there is a...
  9. Never Option Missing from Require-Sign In

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Windows Hello Requiring PIN to sign in. Fingerprint not saving

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Requiring PIN to sign in. Fingerprint not saving: I have a strange bug in my system. 1 I cannot seem to have my have Windows Hello log me in without needing a PIN. 2 When adding a fingerprint, It asks for me to set up a PIN. I already have a pin set up. So I put in that pin, it accepts it, and then doesn't save my...