Windows 10: never set a password, and account no longer admin

Discus and support never set a password, and account no longer admin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; so i had a local, admin account, on my lenovo ideapad, and it was having connectivity issues. it reset, failed to load something and now, my account is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by fragglerock341, Jan 11, 2021.

1. never set a password, and account no longer admin

so i had a local, admin account, on my lenovo ideapad, and it was having connectivity issues. it reset, failed to load something and now, my account is no longer admin, it asks for a passwordeven though ive never used anything but fingerprint or pin and i cant add my microsoft account without knowing the windows password....help

:)

fragglerock341, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Forgotten admin password.

Sorry but "Admin account" might be a description. Is your answer to 1 that you are signed in to the built-in account with the username Administrator or do you just mean that you are signed in to an account that has admin status [an account that you have made at some stage]?

The account to select in the list is the one that you want to reset the password to. If that is the one you are signed in to then you'll get that To change your password press Alt+Ctrl+Delete message instead [and the existing password is needed in order to do any change].

You need to be signed in to a different admin user account in order to reset the existing one's password. By the way, you will lose all your saved internet sign-in credentials by resetting it.
    - You could create a new password-protected, admin-level local user account {steps given in a separate post below} then sign in to it so you could then use netplwiz to reset the original one.

Denis

4. Kol12 Win User

never set a password, and account no longer admin

Forgotten admin password.

Thanks guys. Just confirming that the instructions have worked and all of the account passwords are sorted out. Passwords have been stored securely so they won't be lost again!

One thing I noticed after creating the temp admin account is that you need to change it to a standard account afterwards otherwise it will be the primary admin account.

Kol12, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

never set a password, and account no longer admin

1. never set a password, and account no longer admin - Similar Threads - never set password

2. Admin password incorrect but there never was a password??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin password incorrect but there never was a password??: Hi, I’ve basically been frozen out of windows. So I installed a new graphic driver then suddenly when it restarted it wouldn’t allow me to boot into windows. It’s booting my computer into troubleshoot. The problem I’m having is that it won’t allow me to boot into safe mode...
  3. Admin password incorrect but there never was a password??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Admin password incorrect but there never was a password??: Hi, I’ve basically been frozen out of windows. So I installed a new graphic driver then suddenly when it restarted it wouldn’t allow me to boot into windows. It’s booting my computer into troubleshoot. The problem I’m having is that it won’t allow me to boot into safe mode...
  4. Admin password incorrect but there never was a password??

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Password option no longer available, PIN was never set, unable to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password option no longer available, PIN was never set, unable to sign in: On my mothers laptop, she only had a password setup for the login, she never setup a PIN number. Suddenly, the password sign in option is no longer available. Only the PIN number and face ID. Her Face ID would only recognize her with a certain pair of glasses on, which she no...
  6. Password option no longer available, PIN was never set, unable to sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password option no longer available, PIN was never set, unable to sign in: On my mothers laptop, she only had a password setup for the login, she never setup a PIN number. Suddenly, the password sign in option is no longer available. Only the PIN number and face ID. Her Face ID would only recognize her with a certain pair of glasses on, which she no...
  7. No longer access to admin account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No longer access to admin account: I am the sole user of this pc but can no longer get full access to the Powershell or upgrade my current admin status to change user options. Also File Explorer does not function correctly eg It will not let me rename any directory and instead just closes itself....
  8. Admin account no longer appearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin account no longer appearing: I signed in as a guest 2 days ago, and now I can't login to my other account. The account folders still appear under C: Users... However, I am unable to enter admin name & password. This is frustrating. At this point it seems the only option is to factory reset the...
  9. admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password: On a 2016 tutorial, the teacher said that it was important to create a new user as an administrator, and removing the admin rights of the user that I use all the time. Then, using admin privilege only when necessary, e.g. "run as administrator", and entering the password of...
  10. Password prompt, but never set password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password prompt, but never set password: Hi Group, Well, finally happened. We take extreme care when we set up Windows. We take every measure to make absolutely we never enter a password. Microsoft lays a minefield to try to force a password on you. If you're careful enough, it works,,, for a while. You can...