Windows 10: Neverending loop of booting after reset

Discus and support Neverending loop of booting after reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Disclaimer: I'm not sure if it's linked to the problem, but I reset my laptop because of various BSODs I got while using it. I tried to fix these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NewMem, Feb 18, 2019.

1. NewMem Win User

Neverending loop of booting after reset

Disclaimer: I'm not sure if it's linked to the problem, but I reset my laptop because of various BSODs I got while using it. I tried to fix these issues, but after updating drivers, scanning, reapiring and so on, just new problems popped up and I was so frustrated, I decided to reset my laptop, but it didn't help eventually.

So I did a factory reset to my laptop, but to my surprise I couldn't create an account nor log in to only one available account which was "other user" - tried to log in with microsoft account, but couldn't.
    > I've read that I should try to create an account on administrator account, so I got into safe mode and logged in, but got black screen with pop-up error 'C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop location is not available',

> then I've rebooted my laptop and while trying to get into that administrator account again I got a warning, it was sth like "hard error" and then my admistrator account has become disabled

> I've tried to restore the image - couldn't because there was apparently no administrator account (or so the laptop said)

-then I've tried to repair my laptop and got a message that it can take more than an hour, after that my laptop couldn't boot, still showing lenovo logo, then black screen, then windows logo with "wait" underneath it, then black screen again. These four images on the neverending loop.

I have no clue what to do now, so if someone could please guide me, I would highly appreciate it

:)

NewMem, Feb 18, 2019

2. win10 reset boot loop

Same issue here that reboot loop at 64%. See suggestions here: Boot Loop after Reset on Windows 10

ChandriaNicole, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Factory Reset Infinite Boot Loop

Hello,

As you are facing issue with Boot loop, I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps provided below:

• Go to the Microsoft software download website and create Windows 10
      installation media.
    • Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot>Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.

After the repair is complete, check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Boot loop after performing System Reset.

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the boot loop issue, let me assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and perform automatic repair using Media creation tool and check if it helps.

Step 1: Create ISO for Windows 10

Refer to the below link to create Windows 10 ISO.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Step 2: Perform an Automatic repair

The Automatic repair can detect and fix the issues that prevent the computer from working normally. After you have a Windows 10 installation disc/USB, follow these steps:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be F12.

• The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

• Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD ROM (in case you create DVD). Select USB in case you
      create USB.

• After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

• Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click Startup Repair.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Neverending loop of booting after reset - Similar Threads - Neverending loop booting

2. Boot loop after factory reset gigabyte pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot loop after factory reset gigabyte pc: when i resetted my pc yesterday it was doing everything but then it kept restarting for hours doing absolutly nothing could someone maybe give me answers on how to fix it.when i start it i cant get into the bios or anything.please help!...
  3. Windows 10 Boot Loop after Laptop Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Boot Loop after Laptop Reset: Hey, So I have a windows 10 laptop Acer Predator Helios 300It is about 2 years old and it was pretty much filled so I reset the laptop.The whole process went smoothly and I left my pc for a while after I came back, I saw that my pc is stuck in a Boot Loop.The first screen I...
  4. Windows 10 Laptop in Boot Loop After Reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Laptop in Boot Loop After Reset: I decided to reset my Windows 10 laptop and delete all its files. However, during the Installing Windows process, it got stuck in a boot loop. As shown in this video I took, it tries to reboot, but right when it gets back into Windows, it reboots again. It’s stuck in that...
  5. PC Boot Loop after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Boot Loop after reset: I was trying to reset my pc and it reset and was doing its disc check for the boot drive. After that, the pc boot logo spun for a few seconds, froze then restarted, and did the same thing. All night I was trying to install windows via USB and it read it and went to the...
  6. Boot Loop after Reset PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Loop after Reset PC: My laptop, a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 bought in March 2020, is stuck in a boot loop where the Microsoft logo appears, followed by the loading spinning dots, then it cuts to black and the entire process repeats. All I did was reset my pc and it went smoothly until after...
  7. Stuck in Boot Loop after Reset!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in Boot Loop after Reset!: Hi guys, I own a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 that i bought in March 2020. Today I decided to reset my PC as it was actually freezing on me a couple times. It went through the reset process smoothly but now its just stuck in a boot loop. The Microsoft logo appears, the loading...
  8. Boot Loop after Factory Reset

Boot Loop after Factory Reset: Ive noticed my laptop becoming slower than needed and honestly i was getting extremely frustrated with it. I decided i should just start from scratch and reset the thing, nothing on the laptop was important that i couldnt reacquire. I went through the process of resetting and...
  9. Endless boot loop after reset

Endless boot loop after reset: Ok so basically, after successfully installing windows 10 from windows 7, I decided to clean my hard drive and reset windows because I deleted my "edge" and thus my apps were not working. The problem then started, the reset went fine until it reached 64% and read "configuring...
  10. Boot Loop after Windows 10 Reset

Boot Loop after Windows 10 Reset: Hi guys, I've created an another disk partition and copy the files I don' want to lose. Then using the Windows' Reset thing, I chose complete reset. (I don't know it's name is exactly complete reset, I use windows in another language, but I guess you got what i meant). And I...