Windows 10: Neverending "Updating OneDrive"

Discus and support Neverending "Updating OneDrive" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In an attempt to fix a problem today, Microsoft did an inplace re-installation of Windows 10 (Version 1909). However, my OneDrive cloud icon has not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MesPia, Nov 20, 2019.

1. MesPia Win User

Neverending "Updating OneDrive"

In an attempt to fix a problem today, Microsoft did an inplace re-installation of Windows 10 (Version 1909). However, my OneDrive cloud icon has not come back correctly. It is a gray icon that shows "OneDrive isn't connect" and a rotating "Updating OneDrive" that never ends. I'm trying to get the white OneDrive cloud icon back into the system tray.

:)

MesPia, Nov 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    OneDrive Message Center Updates July 1st-15th

Source: OneDrive Message Center Updates July 1st-15th - Microsoft Tech Community - 216776

Manual Download: New OneDrive sync client release notes - Office Support

Brink, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

OneDrive Message Center Updates July 1st-15th

Source: OneDrive Message Center Updates July 1st-15th - Microsoft Tech Community - 216776

Manual Download: New OneDrive sync client release notes - Office Support

Brink, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Neverending "Updating OneDrive" - Similar Threads - Neverending Updating OneDrive

2. Neverending Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Neverending Windows 10 update.: I reluctantly clicked on "update and shut down". It's been over 10hrs and it's still telling me "Getting Windows ready. Do not turn off your computer". I have loads of work to do. Really panicking here, what do I do?...
  3. Neverending Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Neverending Windows 10 update.: I reluctantly clicked on "update and shut down". It's been over 10hrs and it's still telling me "Getting Windows ready. Do not turn off your computer". I have loads of work to do. Really panicking here, what do I do?...
  4. Neverending Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Getting Windows updates stuck at 46% - Neverending story, Part III

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Windows updates stuck at 46% - Neverending story, Part III: No luck with trying to install Windows 10 on a second hand PC with Windows 7. Te process gets stuck at 46% of getting the updates and stays there forever.This is not the newest PC and cannot take Windows 11, so I am stuck with Windows 7 when Windows 10 just cannot install....
  6. Getting Windows updates stuck at 46% - Neverending story, Part III

Getting Windows updates stuck at 46% - Neverending story, Part III: No luck with trying to install Windows 10 on a second hand PC with Windows 7. Te process gets stuck at 46% of getting the updates and stays there forever.This is not the newest PC and cannot take Windows 11, so I am stuck with Windows 7 when Windows 10 just cannot install....
  7. OneDrive update !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive update !: Hi again, I have been checking if I have the latest OneDrive update, build 22.055 0313.0001 64 bit which I think I have. Will future updates to OneDrive be done automatically ? Been reading that I will have to uninstall and then put on the new version etc ! To confuse me more...
  8. OneDrive update !

OneDrive update !: Hi again, I have been checking if I have the latest OneDrive update, build 22.055 0313.0001 64 bit which I think I have. Will future updates to OneDrive be done automatically ? Been reading that I will have to uninstall and then put on the new version etc ! To confuse me more...
  9. Neverending nightmare, constnt BSDOs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Neverending nightmare, constnt BSDOs.: I don't know what to do anymore, I think I've tried anything. I've formatted the PC many times, so Im guessing it must be a hardware problem. I've even bought a new hard drive becouse the old one had errors in C7 attribute....
  10. Neverending loop of booting after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Neverending loop of booting after reset: Disclaimer: I'm not sure if it's linked to the problem, but I reset my laptop because of various BSODs I got while using it. I tried to fix these issues, but after updating drivers, scanning, reapiring and so on, just new problems popped up and I was so frustrated, I decided...