Windows 10: New 16GB RAM only 3.9 GB usable

Discus and support New 16GB RAM only 3.9 GB usable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just installed a 16GB ram into my computer and its showing only 3.9GB usable. I have been looking for solutions on how to fix this issue. Let me know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by logan123, Oct 30, 2019.

1. logan123 Win User

New 16GB RAM only 3.9 GB usable

I just installed a 16GB ram into my computer and its showing only 3.9GB usable. I have been looking for solutions on how to fix this issue. Let me know if you need anything else. I'm not really an expert with computers. I just want to play Modern Warfare with stable frames!

I have AMD FX 8350 Eight Core Processor on a Windows 10 64 bit computer.
    New 16GB RAM only 3.9 GB usable [​IMG]

:)

logan123, Oct 30, 2019
  2. Josbeph Win User

4gb RAM but only 3.47 gb usable

Hi, I have an ASRock H61M-VG3 Mother board with a maximum RAM amount of 16gb. I have 64bit Windows 10 Pro. I have 4gb of RAM but only 3.47 gb Usable. Does anyone know how to help because I would like it fixed because I am upgrading to 16gb Ram, and it would be ridiculous to have 16gb of RAM but only 3.47gb Usable.

Josbeph, Oct 30, 2019
  3. fdgowin Win User
    Installed RAM 16GB (7.18 usable)

I downloaded CPUZ. Here are the screen shots:
    Memory:

New DIMM

Original DIMM

Thanks for the advice, hope this helps resolve this issue.

fdgowin, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Avik Win User

Why 2.66 GB usable in 4 GB ram?

Thanks to everyone for their valuable suggestions. I guess the problem was with the OS.Because after increasing my ram from 4 gb to 8 gb still the usable memory was 2267 mb out of 8 gb, then I did a clean install of Windows 7.Now everything is fine and smooth, and usable memory is 7.9 gb out of 8 gb.

Thema:

1. New 16GB RAM only 3.9 GB usable - Similar Threads - 16GB RAM usable

2. 16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?: I have upgraded my ram in my windows 11 HP laptop from 8GB to 16GB. Recently I noticed that things are getting slower. When I checked in task manager, this is what it shows. It detects 16GB of RAM, but in the left hand side in the RAM tab you can see it shows 4.x GB/5.00GB....
  3. 16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?: I have upgraded my ram in my windows 11 HP laptop from 8GB to 16GB. Recently I noticed that things are getting slower. When I checked in task manager, this is what it shows. It detects 16GB of RAM, but in the left hand side in the RAM tab you can see it shows 4.x GB/5.00GB....
  4. 16gb ram available 7.88 gb usable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    16gb ram available 7.88 gb usable: * Previous, nearly identical, thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/16-gb-788-gb-usable/6ee14ae9-8a21-44b8-8c29-e9d4a667622b I have a 16gb ram but it only use 7.88 gb out of it.How do i fix this.Ive already did any other fix method such as going to...
  5. 16gb ram available 7.88 gb usable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    16gb ram available 7.88 gb usable: I have a 16gb ram but it only use 7.88 gb out of it.How do i fix this.Ive already did any other fix method such as going to msconfic,going to setting,about pc and device protection.If you are about to say go to bios and turn on memory mapping my a68hm k motherboard dont have...
  6. 16gb ram available 7.88 gb usable

16gb ram available 7.88 gb usable: I have a 16gb ram but it only use 7.88 gb out of it.How do i fix this.Ive already did any other fix method such as going to msconfic,going to setting,about pc and device protection.If you are about to say go to bios and turn on memory mapping my a68hm k motherboard dont have...
  7. 16gb ram available 7.88 gb usable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I have 12 gb ram but only 3 is usable

I have 12 gb ram but only 3 is usable: So i've had this problem for a long time but i hade enough of this.i have 12 gb of ram installed butt only 3 is usable i tried so many setting on msconfig and nothing works!...
  9. 16GB RAM, only 8GB usable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    16GB RAM, only 8GB usable: [ATTACH] I'm new to these PC things so I'm sorry for the dumb question. I just got a gaming PC as a gift for christmas, and I checked everything (updates, etc.) and it seems everything was fine, until I checked the RAM, it says 16GB installed but only 7.95 GB usable, it...
  10. New 16GB RAM only 3.9 GB usable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New 16GB RAM only 3.9 GB usable: I just installed a 16GB ram into my computer and its showing only 3.9GB usable. I have been looking for solutions on how to fix this issue. Let me know if you need anything else. I'm not really an expert with computers. I just want to play Modern Warfare with stable frames!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 16gb of ram installed only 3.9gb usable