Windows 10: New 1809 Feature Update Changed Edge Flash Behavior

Discus and support New 1809 Feature Update Changed Edge Flash Behavior in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just updated to 1809 build 17763.1. Now in Edge, enabling Flash for a web site doesn't persist after closing the page as it did before the update. The... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by PJLLB, Oct 3, 2018.

1. PJLLB Win User

New 1809 Feature Update Changed Edge Flash Behavior

Just updated to 1809 build 17763.1. Now in Edge, enabling Flash for a web site doesn't persist after closing the page as it did before the update. The option "Allow Once" is the only option available -- "Always Allow" is not shown -- so every time you open a site you must re-allow Flash. Am I missing something?

:)

PJLLB, Oct 3, 2018

2. Flash issues in Edge

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying:

About flash error son Edge you may try the following steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click ... to open settings drop down
    • Click on Settings, Click on Advanced settings
    • make sure to turn on Adobe Flash.
    • Restart the Microsoft edge.

• About Internet Explorer issue does it happen with the same website which you are trying to access using Microsoft Edge?
    • Do you see the same behavior with other websites?

Thanks,

Waseemulla S, Oct 3, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Oct 3, 2018
  4. New 1809 Feature Update Changed Edge Flash Behavior

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

New 1809 Feature Update Changed Edge Flash Behavior

1. New 1809 Feature Update Changed Edge Flash Behavior - Similar Threads - 1809 Feature Update

2. Changes in behavior of the Windows Spotlight feature?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changes in behavior of the Windows Spotlight feature?: I've been getting the Windows Spotlight background images for a very long time, but I've recently seen a change in the behavior of this feature. For one, I now see the "like what you see" question posed for the same picture multiple times. It used to be that when I responded...
  3. Changes in behavior of the Windows Spotlight feature?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changes in behavior of the Windows Spotlight feature?: I've been getting the Windows Spotlight background images for a very long time, but I've recently seen a change in the behavior of this feature. For one, I now see the "like what you see" question posed for the same picture multiple times. It used to be that when I responded...
  4. Changes in behavior of the Windows Spotlight feature?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. [Optimize Drives] feature -- changed behavior after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [Optimize Drives] feature -- changed behavior after update: Under previous versions of Windows, the [Optimize Drives] feature would report how many days had passed since the last analysis or optimization. Occasionally, with a new update, this counter "Last Analyzed or Optimized" would reset to "Never Run" and then would behave...
  6. Feature update to 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature update to 1809: Updated my win 10 pro (AMD) to 1809 yesterday 6th Jan '19. after installing all other updates. Took an absolute age to install. Seemed to be OK, but first thing I noticed was right click on desktop and select "NEW" did not produce a menu and froze the PC. It recovered after...
  7. 1809 Feature Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1809 Feature Update: Just got the 1809 feature update and when I change to dark background (Personalize > Color > Choose your default app mode), the desktop context menu background does not change color but the text changes to white and you can see it. EDIT: Just found the problem, I was using...
  8. Features update version 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Features update version 1809: I have tried to install 7 times. The error :Error 0xca020001 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/features-update-version-1809/05a63b67-be2a-4070-b573-1d07b3583bf3
  9. New 1809 Feature Update Changed Edge Flash Behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    New 1809 Feature Update Changed Edge Flash Behavior: Just updated to 1809 build 17763.1. Now in Edge, enabling Flash for a web site doesn't persist after closing the page as it did before the update. The option "Allow Once" is the only option available -- "Always Allow" is not shown -- so every time you open a site you must...
  10. New Edge Feature

in Browsers and Email
    New Edge Feature: Not sure when this was added (might have been the most recent Edge update), but they now have a "Do not allow this site to open more dialogs" checkbox so those input hijacking websites that claim to be a virus, or from Microsoft can no longer be permanently locked out. It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update 1809 changed word display