Windows 10: New 1909 update freezes/crashes a lot of games on startup

Discus and support New 1909 update freezes/crashes a lot of games on startup in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I updated to Windows 10 1909 from 1903, and now a lot of games just freeze and will not respond anymore. The only way to close them is through task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shanespeed2000, Jan 19, 2020.

1. New 1909 update freezes/crashes a lot of games on startup

So I updated to Windows 10 1909 from 1903, and now a lot of games just freeze and will not respond anymore. The only way to close them is through task manager.

Some examples of these games are:

Hunt Showdown, Rocket League, Warhammer Vermintide 2, Dishonored 2, Shadow of The Tomb Raider and Resident Evil 5

I tried reinstalling all these games, didn't work. I tried to reinstall windows, didn't work. I tried to uninstall the updates and that also didn't work.

submitted by /u/Shanespeed2000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shanespeed2000, Jan 19, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 19, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jan 19, 2020
  4. New 1909 update freezes/crashes a lot of games on startup

bad_module_info on Full Screen game DBXV2

Hi Tyler,

There are a lot of possible reasons why you are experiencing game crashes when playing. One of which is having a corrupted profile. To help you resolve this concern, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes on your computer aside from the latest update?
    • Have you tried accessing the game on a different Windows 10 device?
    • Have you tried using a different profile and check if the issue persists?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform all the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Game freezes or stops responding on a Windows 10 device

Wilfred Mac, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

New 1909 update freezes/crashes a lot of games on startup

1. New 1909 update freezes/crashes a lot of games on startup - Similar Threads - 1909 update freezes

2. Windows update freezes on startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update freezes on startup: When I use 'Update and Shutdown' on Windows 10, when I start my computer again the update freezes after about a minute, the spinning dots freeze and the Windows will not boot. If I then turn the machine off and start it again the update works and Windows boots. But this is...
  3. Laptop Freezes Randomly A Lot!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Freezes Randomly A Lot!: Ever since I updated to Windows 1903 and now Windows 1909, my laptop freezes a lot. And the timing is so random too. I've updated all the drivers that I can think of and the issue is still there. Is there anything else that I can do so that my laptop won't freeze randomly? I...
  4. Game freezes and crashes on PC version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game freezes and crashes on PC version: I posted it on Gears forums: https://forums.gearsofwar.com/t/game-freezes-and-crashes-on-pc-version/26872 I'm playing this game on Xbox One and PC, but on PC it freezes and crashes. I uninstalled the previous GPU driver with DDU, installed the most recent version, 436.30,...
  5. Games freezing and crashing spontaneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games freezing and crashing spontaneously: Only game I am playing at the moment is Fortnite and I can play normally up until all of a sudden the game freezes and crashes. Here is how the crash appears in the reliability monitor. I have a low end computer and suspect this may be an issue with the integrated Intel HD...
  6. Freeze then crash when playing games...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeze then crash when playing games...: Hi! I've just built myself a new pc, but everytime i game, the game freezes then crashes (for the most part to desktop without an error, but sometimes also dxgi-error and again with bsod). Anthem - BF V - Metro Exodus - Total War Three Kingdoms Most recently it just shut...
  7. Windows store games crashing on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows store games crashing on startup: As soon as i open a game like ark or halo wars 2 the game opens for a few seconds then crashes. i have the system requirements: 8GB ram, gtx 1050ti, i5-2400, windows 10 1803, 64-bit processor and obviously a mouse and keyboard....
  8. PC freezing/crashing in games. No BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing/crashing in games. No BSOD.: Hello,I posted on another well-known hardware site a couple of months ago, but nobody has been able to assist, so I hope someone here may know better - it doesn't seem to be a hardware problem.I built myself a new PC back in May with a fresh Windows 10 installation, but I...
  9. Lots of things are crashing on startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lots of things are crashing on startup.: My pc specs are on my profile. But yeah, I clicked start menu, then settings. A window pops up and then immediately closes. Same thing with a couple other apps. They are there, but they just don't... work. However, things like the Xbox app and Steam appear to be...
  10. Computer freezes/crashes at Windows logo (startup)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer freezes/crashes at Windows logo (startup): (TL;DR:I have recently been facing random freezes on my computer. It is not OS related as it may freeze before POST or BIOS. I concluded that problem was either overheating or PSU (previously tested RAM with memtest86 and WMD). Installed SpeedFan but it did not help so I...