Windows 10: New 1TB SSD Not Recognized for some reason

Discus and support New 1TB SSD Not Recognized for some reason in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello All Well i tried port 3 at first, and System does not recognize the new 1TB SSD I purchased, Samsung 860 Evo 1tb, Welcome any advice or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AMDMan2016, Jan 10, 2021.

1. New 1TB SSD Not Recognized for some reason

Hello All

Well i tried port 3 at first, and System does not recognize the new 1TB SSD I purchased, Samsung 860 Evo 1tb, Welcome any advice or suggestions prior to shutting down and trying again, can't see that well the actually power supply connections due to all the wires that shop installed when built this system, i do have a Sata power cable connected

Does my Disk Management look Correct

Boot Drive Samsung M.2 500GB (New at Christmas)
    Samsung 860 250GB, Former Boot Drive, now Game SSD(til i can get the 1TB SSD working)
    and 4TB Black Storage drive
    and also connected right now 8TB External with my Macirum Images

Should i just remove the Samsung 860 250GB? and get that one working later on the extra Serial ata mounts, and instead use the connections for the Samsung 860 Evo 1tb that will become the new game SSD? Are the partitions correct on the 250GB current gaming SSD? if not then i can fix that, and then reimage, then get the 250gb off the Internal 2.5/3.5 inch drive tray, secure the 1tb, re connect the cables, close up case, and then restore Macrium drive image

:)

AMDMan2016, Jan 10, 2021
  2. davnav Win User

new pc 1tb hdd to ssd clone advice needed

Ive just bought a brand new lenovo pc which has windows 10 home 64bit and has a 1tb hard drive fitted, im looking for advice on the following.

Ive fitted the ssd into the pc but its not shown up so need step by step guide on how to make it active ?

Next I need help on how to clone the 1tb hdd to the
    Ssd drive, step by step and best software to use and have the ssd as the main drive then use the the 1hdd for storage.I just dont want to break my new system
    Thanks for your time.

davnav, Jan 10, 2021
  3. xpac5896 Win User
    Transfer OS from 512 to 1tb SSD

I'm in the process of building a new rig. I would like to transfer the OS from my current 512 SSD to a 1tb SSD. My Os is already linked to my MS account and I printed out the steps about using the troubleshooter after a significant hardware change. The Question is: Can I clone the 512 to the 1tb or does it require a clean install? OS is Win 10 Pro.

xpac5896, Jan 10, 2021
  4. JoorgeOrg Win User

New 1TB SSD Not Recognized for some reason

BSOD repeatedly after new 1Tb SSD

I swapped out HDD for a 1Tb SSD. Tried 2 different manufacturers. BSOD repeatedly

JoorgeOrg, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

New 1TB SSD Not Recognized for some reason

1. New 1TB SSD Not Recognized for some reason - Similar Threads - 1TB SSD Recognized

2. How to put windows 11 on a new 1TB SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to put windows 11 on a new 1TB SSD.: My old hard drive had a catastrophic failure so I am replacing with a new 1TB SSD. My son works for Microsoft and I get my software through the "friends and family" download link. How can I install Windows 11 and MS 365 on the new drive. Can I do this by locating the license...
  3. New NVMe SSD not recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New NVMe SSD not recognized: I bought a new WD Blue SN550 1TB nvme ssd to add to my laptop as additional storage however it does not appear as an available storage space. I can see it in the BIOS. I checked my storage controllers and don't see Windows Standard NVMe drivers there, is that the issue maybe?...
  4. Move 1tb SSD to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move 1tb SSD to new computer: I have a 2011 Dell Lattitude E6520. now 10 years old A year ago, I cloned the hard drive, and installed a Samsung 1TB SSD in it. The OS is windows 10 professional 64bit. Everything works fine. I have microsoft 365 installed on it, and Microsoft Office 2010. I use outlook...
  5. 1tb ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1tb ssd: I have bought A 1TB SSD recently for my custom pc and I put it in and i see it only says 478gb and drive C i have been trying to find the other drives and find out where my other half went did anyone have this? and if you had fixed it can you tell me how?...
  6. Partitions or new "drives" on at 1TB NVMe SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partitions or new "drives" on at 1TB NVMe SSD?: Windows 10 V2004 Transferring from an older PC to a new computer that has a 1TB SSD. Windows 10 is installed on new PC. Can I (should I) create partitions or artificial "drive" letters or just folders to divide up the space for transfers? 166327
  7. 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    500GB SSD to 1TB SSD: I have a 500GB SSD working in my laptop. I have a 1TB SSD in an external case. I have used EaseUS to clone them However, now my 1TB is 500GB. How do I reclaim the other 500GB? 161362
  8. 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    500GB SSD to 1TB SSD: I have a 500GB SSD working in my laptop. I have a 1TB SSD in an external case. I have used EaseUS to clone them However, now my 1TB is 500GB. How do I reclaim the other 500GB? 161362
  9. BSOD repeatedly after new 1Tb SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD repeatedly after new 1Tb SSD: I swapped out HDD for a 1Tb SSD. Tried 2 different manufacturers. BSOD repeatedly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-repeatedly-after-new-1tb-ssd/e42b76db-97ab-4840-a18e-55008db3cca6
  10. Windows not recognizing new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows not recognizing new SSD: Hello everyone. Due to my computer's unbearably slow performance, I recently purchased a 8 TB Seagate Barracuda SSD and a USB to SATA cable. I connected it into my USB port; however, nothing appears in My Computer. Every help article on the web says to assign it a drive...