Windows 10: New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Discus and support New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; What’s changing We’re updating how 2-Step Verification works for G Suite. This will make new 2-Step Verification methods available for some devices,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

:)

Brink, Mar 27, 2019

2. Turning off 2 step verification

Having recently upgraded my PC to windows 10 I was prompted to 2 step verification. the logic and reason is sound. However since doing this I cannot get into my hotmail.co.uk using my iPhone. I found a link to the
    solution when I removed the authenticator app on my phone. Only to find a similar issue dated 2013. I have logged in via my PC running Windows 10, my laptop running windows 7 Professional and an ipad going in via safari. NO WHERE is this option visible.

Turning off 2-Step Verification
    • In “Signing in & security” section of My Account, select 2-Step Verification. Sign in with your username, password, and verification
      code if asked.
    • Select Turn off 2-Step Verification.
    • A pop-up window will appear to confirm that you want to turn off 2-Step Verification. Select OK
    How can this be achieved. I use emails on my phone for work being self employed and it is causing me issues.

As this problem seems to have been around for a few years surely there must be a resolution now. I really do not want to have to drop my Hotmail account as it is widely known, but if no solution is available I will have no option.

Eric Castle, Mar 27, 2019
  3. DianeLouw Win User
    Turning off 2 step verification

i have the 2 step verification DISABLED under my settings yet when i try to retrieve mail it keeps asking me to logg into google and it takes me thru process and gives me an authentication code. What must i do with this code? I dont want the 2 step verification!!!

DianeLouw, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Spelling and grammar improvements in Google Docs for G Suite

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Spelling and grammar improvements in Docs for Enterprise

Brink, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

1. New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts - Similar Threads - Step Verification options

2. account 2 step verification windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account 2 step verification windows 11: Last November I purchased a laptop using edition windows 11 in S mode as my previous laptop windows 7was on its last legs.As I am elderly and a novice on computers the new 11 in S mode laptop was set up by a trusted family member.The problem I have is that I went in to view...
  3. account 2 step verification windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    account 2 step verification windows 11: Last November I purchased a laptop using edition windows 11 in S mode as my previous laptop windows 7was on its last legs.As I am elderly and a novice on computers the new 11 in S mode laptop was set up by a trusted family member.The problem I have is that I went in to view...
  4. 2-STEP VERIFICATION

2-STEP VERIFICATION: Hi, hope you can help?I am spending way too much time signing in to my Microsoft Account. Frankly, 2-Step verification is sensible to some but, NOT for everyone! I work from home.. I don't need it.. but I am asked to ssign in, enter password, then verify on my phone so, I...
  5. 2-STEP VERIFICATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2-STEP VERIFICATION: Hi, hope you can help?I am spending way too much time signing in to my Microsoft Account. Frankly, 2-Step verification is sensible to some but, NOT for everyone! I work from home.. I don't need it.. but I am asked to ssign in, enter password, then verify on my phone so, I...
  6. my microsoft account 2 step verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my microsoft account 2 step verification: I updated my bios and it wants me to change my pin to log into windows, but my two step verification was my old phone number. I cant figure out how to add my new number , I thought i had done that already but i guess not . can someone please help me...
  7. my microsoft account 2 step verification

my microsoft account 2 step verification: I updated my bios and it wants me to change my pin to log into windows, but my two step verification was my old phone number. I cant figure out how to add my new number , I thought i had done that already but i guess not . can someone please help me...
  8. Google strengthening 2-Step Verification for Google account

in Windows 10 News
    Google strengthening 2-Step Verification for Google account: What’s changing Starting on July 7, 2020, we will make phone verification prompts the primary 2-Step Verification (2SV) method for all eligible users, unless they are already using security keys as their 2SV method of choice. This means that if you sign in to...
  9. Install freezes at 2-step verification

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install freezes at 2-step verification: My computer suddenly failed and I could not boot into windows or get to a command prompt booting from a usb stick. I ordered a new SSD and am trying to do a clean install. For the third time I’m stuck at the Help us protect your info screen. MS sent a code to my cell phone...
  10. New Gmail compose formatting and download options for G Suite users

in Windows 10 News
    New Gmail compose formatting and download options for G Suite users: What’s changing We're adding three new features to Gmail: Shortcut to undo/redo in the compose window Shortcut to strikethrough text Ability to download messages as .EML files in rfc822 format from Gmail on the web Who’s impacted End users Why you’d use it Undo/Redo: If...