Windows 10: new 2020 Microsoft Edge first run experience - icon pop-up alert

Discus and support new 2020 Microsoft Edge first run experience - icon pop-up alert in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My Lenovo Windows 10 PC updated to the new 2020 MS Edge just a while ago. After going through the first run experience, and opting out, the icon in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/UIUC_grad_dude1, Jul 2, 2020.

1. new 2020 Microsoft Edge first run experience - icon pop-up alert

My Lenovo Windows 10 PC updated to the new 2020 MS Edge just a while ago. After going through the first run experience, and opting out, the icon in the task bar had an animation and popped up a little box / alert above the task bar.

I clicked on it too quickly to see what the alert was. However, afterwards, I noticed my default browser had changed from Chrome to Edge.

Can anyone confirm what that little icon alert box is for? Is it for changing the default browser to Edge?

PS - it also created a "personal edge" and a "MS Edge" icon on my desktop, which is strange also.

submitted by /u/UIUC_grad_dude1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/UIUC_grad_dude1, Jul 2, 2020

2. Microsoft Edge Pop-up Blocker

Hello,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Click on settings.

• Click on View Advanced Settings.

• There you will be able to manage Pop ups.

• If you don’t want then you will be able to turn on/off.
    Please refer to the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/windows-10/block-pop-ups-in-microsoft-edge

Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Microsoft edge, blocked a pop up ?? allow once ??

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Click on settings.

• Click on View Advanced Settings.

• There you will be able to manage Pop ups.

• If you don’t want then you will be able to turn off.

• If you want Pop-ups then you can turn on.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 2, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

new 2020 Microsoft Edge first run experience - icon pop-up alert

NEW! icons keep popping up

any better suggestions how people can easily see when we have new reviews up?

W1zzard, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

new 2020 Microsoft Edge first run experience - icon pop-up alert

1. new 2020 Microsoft Edge first run experience - icon pop-up alert - Similar Threads - 2020 Microsoft Edge

2. MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP: May i know when i key in on words file. from english input change to chinese input. sometime the microsoft edge will pop up itself. may i know what can i do to avoid microsoft edge pop up. after close the microsoft edge, i wish to continue key in the words file, the manage...
  3. MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP: May i know when i key in on words file. from english input change to chinese input. sometime the microsoft edge will pop up itself. may i know what can i do to avoid microsoft edge pop up. after close the microsoft edge, i wish to continue key in the words file, the manage...
  4. MICROSOFT EDGE POP UP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. New Inking experience improvements in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    New Inking experience improvements in Microsoft Edge: We are very happy to announce a bunch of experience improvements we are bringing to the inking experience inside Microsoft Edge. We have heard feedback about the writing experience in Edge especially on PDFs where writing feels a but jittery. There were also complaints about...
  6. Security Alert Pop Ups

in Windows 10 Support
    Security Alert Pop Ups: im running 1909 and recently had some updates since then I am getting security alerts pop up when on certain sites not sure which ones though is this usual behaviour? TIA Bart 168007
  7. Microsoft introducing new favorites experience in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft introducing new favorites experience in Microsoft Edge: Favorites are an integral part of any web browser, and in the months since we released the new version of Microsoft Edge we’ve heard a lot of feedback about the experience. Specifically: While the favorites menu provides quick access to your favorites, it...
  8. What is New in Microsoft Edge Web Experiences for October 2020

in Windows 10 News
    What is New in Microsoft Edge Web Experiences for October 2020: I always love this time of year – the leaves are changing here in Seattle and my kids are “back in school” aka doing schoolwork beside me now. The last several months have forced a reframe in the way I think about work and life, and while I...
  9. #MSIgnite 2020: What is New in Web Experiences with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    #MSIgnite 2020: What is New in Web Experiences with Microsoft Edge: [media] The message is loud and clear, and we’ve heard it: Providing secure remote access to resources, apps and data is the No. 1 challenge reported by security leaders. Cloud connected apps and services define our ability to work remotely, and with 60% of the...
  10. What is New in Microsoft Edge Web Experiences for August 2020

in Windows 10 News
    What is New in Microsoft Edge Web Experiences for August 2020: What’s New in Web Experiences for August 2020: Collections gets smarter, Microsoft Edge Family Safety comes to Android, and Bing helps you give back to local schools It’s crazy how little our browsers have evolved over the past decade. Today...