Windows 10: New 3D View mode in Paint 3D improves ease and accuracy of editing

Discus and support New 3D View mode in Paint 3D improves ease and accuracy of editing in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Use 3D View mode to edit from any angle in Paint 3D _JR0ZIzSoKE As part of the Windows 10 Creators Update, we shared our goal to bring 3D to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

New 3D View mode in Paint 3D improves ease and accuracy of editing

Source: New 3D View mode in Paint 3D improves ease and accuracy of editing - Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Mar 1, 2018
  2. Cliff S New Member

I'm just curious, how many members even use(not just tried, but use) Paint 3D and create 3D stuff?
    I tried it and found it too hard, as I don't have a touch screen, pen, mixed reality glasses and controllers, or any other of the gadgets you need to get any real use out of it.
    Using just a mouse and keyboard, makes this, totally useless to me, just some more Microsoft bloatware they force down our throats like Ink and Xbox(if you don't game).

At least with Blender, you can get away with mouse and keyboard, but it supposedly isn't as easy to use as Paint 3D, even with above said accessories.

:)

Cliff S, Mar 1, 2018
  3. Thanatica Win User
    Paint 3D cannot open STL files

Please update Paint 3D to be able to open STL files. View 3D *can* open them just fine.

When I open them in View 3D, and click the "Paint 3D" button, it gives this error message:

"We couldn't open Paint 3D. Wait a bit, then try again."

I did, and it keeps failing. So then, I manually go to Paint 3D, and open the file from there. In order to do that, I have to enter "*.*" as the filename, otherwise it won't pop up. The file types dropdown doesn't list STL files. But that's for good reason,
    apparently, because Paint 3D says:

"Paint 3D can't read this file. It may be invalid, or in a format that we don't currently support."

So, recap:

1) The file is completely valid, because View 3D can open it just fine

2) Why can Paint 3D not open a file, while View 3D can?

3) Please add this functionality to paint 3D. It's an industry standard file type for 3D models.

This is on Windows 10.0.15063.

Thanatica, Mar 1, 2018
  4. New 3D View mode in Paint 3D improves ease and accuracy of editing

Problems converting Paint 3d to JPEG

Hi Kathleen,

We appreciate your earnest effort to reach out with Microsoft Community. Paint 3D, a spinoff of Microsoft Paint, is one of several applications introduced with the Windows 10 Creators Update and one of several 3D modeling applications introduced or improved
    with the Windows 10 Creators Update. You were unable to convert the JPEG files to Paint 2D or 3D due to the compatibility of the file formats. You may learn about the Paint 3D for 2D feature by checking the articles below.

Introducing 3D for everyone

Five new features you’ll love in Paint 3D

Paint 3D for 2D

Feel free to post your query should you need assistance.

Vanessa Oca, Mar 1, 2018
  5. nt62 Win User
    I use it to create tiles for the edgeTile app.
    edgeTile is a replacement for oblytile in Windows 10.

... easy enough to fashion 2d and 3d text

nt62, Mar 1, 2018
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Thanks for the input.*Smile

Maybe I could buy a pen and pad/tablet to connect to my pc(remoting it probably).
    I'm not knocking Paint 3D, it's just I think many users won't have a use for it, as compared to the ones that will.
    Of course if it wasn't included, I wouldn't know about it probably.

Cliff S, Mar 1, 2018
  7. Hi,
    Yep not the first time MS has used a shark for a demo of 3d paint *Smile

ThrashZone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

New 3D View mode in Paint 3D improves ease and accuracy of editing

1. New 3D View mode in Paint 3D improves ease and accuracy of editing - Similar Threads - View mode Paint

2. Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint 3D: Hi is there anyway i can layer photos on paint 3D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d/4fdbe9d0-5b51-4271-9ce7-c775db4dc0a2
  3. Paint 3D

Paint 3D: I have the same problem as reported in thread related to Paint 3D color palette, raised by shelleyiverson on Jan 05, 2020 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-palette-on-paint-3d-app-is-full-cannot-add/513fd9a7-bcb1-4b08-9e2f-2dbda85ad223 The color...
  4. 3D library in Paint 3D

3D library in Paint 3D: Whenever I try to retrieve an item from the 3D library in Paint 3D, I get the error message, "We Couldn't Place this Model. Try again later." Is this happening because people are removing their work from this library?...
  5. Microsoft Paint editing (not 3D)

Microsoft Paint editing (not 3D): Today I did the newest update for Windows 10 since the current support ends soon. After I successfully did the updating, I found that in Paint I can no longer select and move a single pixel of color to a new location. Cut and paste does not work as an alternative because the...
  6. 3D Paint

in Windows 10 Customization
    3D Paint: Is there a way to turn off 3D Paint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-paint/bf4ca09b-ef4a-4e4c-8790-aba9a9ee975b
  7. Paint 3d

Paint 3d: I need to change the dpi on a cover for a book. I need to raise it from 270 to 300. I have seen tutorials which show how to do this, but all involve opening two separate windows and copying. I cannot find any way to do this on Paint 3d. There is no help function to ask. Any...
  8. 3d paint

3d paint: can "Paint 3D" and/or "3D Builder" produce orthographic drawings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-paint/a26d9692-2f6d-4190-9e62-039d15efb8b0
  9. Paint 3D and 3D Remix

Paint 3D and 3D Remix: I don't have the button at the top of my Paint 3D to be able to add more 3D images. My app is in English so this shouldn't be an issue. Please help....
  10. Paint 3D

Paint 3D: When I use "Magic Select" and remove a subject from the picture, Paint 3D does not fill up the background. I have a white stain instead. What is wrong? Please help. I want a smart background fill....