Windows 10: New 3TB Drive Only Shows 746GB

Discus and support New 3TB Drive Only Shows 746GB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought the Seagate barracuda 3TB and it shows as 746GB on my another computer with Windows Vista SP2 32-bit in GPT mode. I have asked this problem at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Skylly, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Skylly Win User

New 3TB Drive Only Shows 746GB

I bought the Seagate barracuda 3TB and it shows as 746GB on my another computer with Windows Vista SP2 32-bit in GPT mode. I have asked this problem at Seagate forum and the one guy who replied didn't know how to solve it. I am using the 3TB Seagate drive in my Rosewill RX-358-U3B enclosure, and I have read that a Hitachi 3TB had no compatibility issues in that particular enclosure. Does anyone know how to have my computer realize that the Seagate drive is 3TB?"

:)

Skylly, Jan 30, 2019
  2. Grownman Win User

Win 7 showing 746gb for 3tb drive?

I recently purchased a WD 3TB green internal hardrive for backups. Upon booting into windows, the drive only shows 746gb's.

I've already gone into device manager and updated the Nforce Serial ATA and the bios shows 3000. (I assume that is for the 3tb's?)

I am not trying to install windows on the drive, but just use it as another drive for backup needs.
    I have tried to go to disk management and format the drive but it will not allow me.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Backup - WD 2TB Black
    Backup - External WD 2TB elements
    *Backup - WD 3TB Green

Grownman, Jan 30, 2019
  3. johnboy Win User
    Win 7 showing 746gb for 3tb drive?

Has anyone found a solution to this? I have exactly the same issue.

I have installed a Western Digital 3TB HD. When I go into the BIOS the drive is listed as having 3TB of space, but according to Windows 7 disk management the drive space is 746.39 GB.

The drive is unallocated but I have the GPT partition style selected. If I attempt to create new partition the maximum size is 746GB.

I have also tried a couple of third-party partitioning tools and get the same result unfortunately.

johnboy, Jan 30, 2019
  4. New 3TB Drive Only Shows 746GB

3TB Drive showing as 746GB

Hello all. I have been searching and trying various things and can get nothing to work. All last week and starting this week I have been testing various hard drives through a dock. Last week I tested multiple 2TB drives, a few 3TB drives and one 4TB drive.

Windows would pick them all up just fine. Now, the last two Seagate 3TB drives that I have docked, are only showing as 746GB. I have installed the latest Intel RST drivers and double checked to see what the drives are formated as. (GPT)

In SeaTools the drive is showing up and is actually showing as 3TB with 2.73 usable. The only other thing worth noting is that prior to me having this drive it was setup in RAID, in a Drobo.

Ideas?

satindemon4u, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

New 3TB Drive Only Shows 746GB

1. New 3TB Drive Only Shows 746GB - Similar Threads - 3TB Drive Shows

2. 3tb hard drive showing up as 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3tb hard drive showing up as 2: i recently had to redownload windows 10 because it wasnt booting, my 3tb hard drive was only showing up as 2tb, i ignored it for a while but now i am running low on storage how do i get my extra tb?...
  3. External 3TB Drive broken?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External 3TB Drive broken?: Yesterday I received an external 3TB drive from a friend of mine. It worked perfectly after I formatted it. Just this morning, after restarting my computer( for an update), it wouldn't open. Whenever I try to do anything with it, it gives me this error. As I said, it worked...
  4. New 3TB Drive Only Shows 746GB

in Windows 10 Support
    New 3TB Drive Only Shows 746GB: I bought the Seagate barracuda 3TB and it shows as 746GB on my another computer with Windows Vista SP2 32-bit in GPT mode. I have asked this problem at Seagate forum and the one guy who replied didn't know how to solve it. I am using the 3TB Seagate drive in my Rosewill...
  5. New PC Windows on Single 3TB Hard Drive, Seen as 746GB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New PC Windows on Single 3TB Hard Drive, Seen as 746GB: Hi, I recently acquired a second-hand PC that had everything working fine but lacked a hard drive. I bought a 3TB HDD and installed it. Afterwards, I installed Windows 7 (because I had a key for it), and then I upgraded to Windows 10 because I prefer it. I noticed as...
  6. 3TB disk showing as 1TB

3TB disk showing as 1TB: Hi, I've just installed a 3TB Toshiba hdwd130 and it's only showing as 1TB? I've used 2TB disks before, but this is the first 3TB disk I've tried to use. The disk controller on the MB is an RS880P. I've checked and the drivers all appear to be the latest. Any ideas...
  7. 3tb hard drive that has 746gb unallocated how can i fix?

3tb hard drive that has 746gb unallocated how can i fix?: ok i got a 3tb hard drive that has 746gb unallocated and computer management wont let me do nothing with it. i dont care what i got to do with this drive i just want access to the full size of the drive. can someone please help me out on how i might get this done? 104457
  8. Windows 10 only sees 746gb on 3tb drive

Windows 10 only sees 746gb on 3tb drive: Good Day everyone, This is driving me crazy. I have an old,but new to me HP PC. I decided to buy a 3TB 49877
  9. Why is only 2TB of my new 3TB drive showing up ?

Why is only 2TB of my new 3TB drive showing up ?: I bought a 3 TB drive today, to replace my, existing 1 TB drive which was 95% full. This is my "D" drive and is data only, no OS on it. Its actually all my WEB server data, for IIS. My plan was to use Paragon Hard Disk manager and clone my existing 1 TB, D drive to the new...
  10. Windows 10 only sees 746gb on 3tb drive

Windows 10 only sees 746gb on 3tb drive: Good Day everyone, This is driving me crazy. I have an old,but new to me HP PC. I decided to buy a 3TB drive to add as a secondary drive. Just my luck only 746gb show. I tried everything but all i can find on google is for intel chipsets. When attempting to run the driver...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 3tb drive showing as 746gb

2. 3tb drive only shows 1tb in drive management

3. windows 10 seagate drive 746