Windows 10: New 4K monitor users - what Video do you use on them

Discus and support New 4K monitor users - what Video do you use on them in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there The "Hot" item this year seems to be the nice large 4K TV / monitor systems. I'm curious to know where you can get full 4K resolution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, Dec 20, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

New 4K monitor users - what Video do you use on them

Hi there

The "Hot" item this year seems to be the nice large 4K TV / monitor systems. I'm curious to know where you can get full 4K resolution videos (say movies / TV series) these days -- even the "dubious places" don't have more than one or two items.

Blu Ray only delivers full 1080p so where do you buy 4K content and on what medium do you get it on.

I think Netflix might start doing some streaming at 4K in the new year -- better have a good Internet connection though.

The content I have seen on a decent monitor is superb -- far far better than even the best quality 1080P stuff.

These monitors / TV's are also loads cheaper than a year ago -- looking actually "semi-affordable" instead of only for "Lottery winners".

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Dec 20, 2015

2. Windows move after primary display turns back on

Hi Tom,

To help you regarding the issue about your 4K monitor with a DisplayPort connection, please double check if you have the latest driver for your video card. 4K monitors have high requirements compared to regular HD LCD/LED monitors.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 20, 2015
  3. Can I use two different desktop resolution settings for two different monitors?

Hi there,

I currently have two identical 27" Full HD monitors in my office- but since I want to edit some 4K video that I'm creating, I'm replacing my primary monitor with a 40" 4K UHD TV (it was half the price of a 4K monitor with twice the screen real estate). I'll
    be installing the new graphics card and setting it up over the weekend.

My concern is being able to set the resolution on the 4K monitor without messing anything up on the HD monitor. Is there a way to use a stupidly high setting on the 4K screen... or will I be looking at 2" high icons? If I set the resolution up on it, will
    the HD monitor keep its settings, since that's its maximum resolution?

If it helps answer the question, I'm using a PC with a Core i7-4770 processor, 24 GB RAM and a PNY GTX 1060 graphics card with 6 GB RAM.

Thank you for the clarification!

G. LamarWilkie, Dec 20, 2015
Thema:

New 4K monitor users - what Video do you use on them

1. New 4K monitor users - what Video do you use on them - Similar Threads - monitor users Video

2. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  3. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  4. Issue with windows and a new 4K monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with windows and a new 4K monitor.: Hello,I just got a new 4K monitor and was all excited to get this up and running as it's a big upgrade from my 8 year old 1080p one. When I plug the new monitor in, windows font and images as well as google chrome or anything else I use seem a little fuzzy. I run a dual...
  5. Issue with windows and a new 4K monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with windows and a new 4K monitor.: Hello,I just got a new 4K monitor and was all excited to get this up and running as it's a big upgrade from my 8 year old 1080p one. When I plug the new monitor in, windows font and images as well as google chrome or anything else I use seem a little fuzzy. I run a dual...
  6. Do I need a new 4K graphics card for a 4K monitor?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Do I need a new 4K graphics card for a 4K monitor?: Hi, everything in my build was upgraded last year except the graphics card which is still NVIDIA GTX760. I want to upgrade to a 4K monitor for my audio/video editing studio. Do I need to upgrade the graphics card in order to connect a 4K monitor and use its 4K resolution?...
  7. 4k Video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    4k Video: Hello. I am a vlogger. I connected my USB Charger to my iPhone and it doesn't let me import my 4k videos or view them. I need to know what to do because I need to get my video posted asap!...
  8. Scaling Problems using 4K Monitor

Scaling Problems using 4K Monitor: I saw a great deal on a UHD monitor and grabbed it, completely unaware of the issues regarding scaling for programs, particularly older programs, in a 4k environment. (For those who also do not know: this is when a program opens and is so tiny on the screen you can't read...
  9. Samsung 40in 4K used as monitor

Samsung 40in 4K used as monitor: My problem is everything looks awesome with the new 4K monitor except Virtual Weather station display it show's up in the upper left hand corner very small cant seem to figure out how to make this one program show up larger. Any help would be appreciated thanks*Sad P.S. this...
  10. Touch users - what do you use to clean the screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Touch users - what do you use to clean the screen: Hi there I like playing with some touch stuff on a laptop - but what do you use to clean the screen -- in bright sunlight it's easy to see some smear / finger marks (Yes even in Iceland you do get some sunshine !!!!!). Water (even the 100% clear stuff we have - probably...