Windows 10: New 4TB WD External HDD May Come With Defected USB Cable - Hell Corner

Discus and support New 4TB WD External HDD May Come With Defected USB Cable - Hell Corner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There is something I want to hint that might surprise the lot of you , I have lately purchased three 4 TBs hard drive of Western Digital (The non Ultra... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Nov 24, 2018.

1. New 4TB WD External HDD May Come With Defected USB Cable - Hell Corner

There is something I want to hint that might surprise the lot of you , I have lately purchased three 4 TBs hard drive of Western Digital (The non Ultra colorful ones) , after migrating my data to which from various other lower capacity external and internal drives on attempting to replug 2 of them back they were unrecognized and appeared similar to this screen (Snapped from a post on this forum) in Manage window :

New 4TB WD External HDD May Come With Defected USB Cable - Hell Corner [​IMG]

Before I freak out I managed to replace the cable of both drives in turn with that of the still working one and they instantly read everything . I managed to call it today and replaced both of the new drives cables by older drives ones . I haven't talked about it really here in forum since I thought probably everybody know that trouble shooting external HDDs failures start by recommending trying different ports and cables . However I saw someone asking for help with similar case where they were immediately directed to data recovery suites . So beware that "yes they are not making them as they used to" and the answer may still be the obvious .

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Nov 24, 2018
  2. MikaeelM Win User

Windows10 unable to recognise external (USB) HDD (WD My Book 4TB)

Windows10 unable to recognise external (USB) HDD (WD My Book 4TB) - however, I'm able to see all files from a Linux machine i have on same HDD... I dont want to lose my content on the external HDD by reformatting etc. Please help.

MikaeelM, Nov 24, 2018
  3. michael Win User
    Please suggest Best 4TB NAS External Hard Disk

Hi Guys,

Please suggest Best 4TB NAS External Hard Disk.

There are only two WD or Segate

What I want:-

1.USB 3.0
    2.LAN port
    3.Torrent client
    4.DLNA streaming

Please suggest if you have any experiences

Thanks.

michael, Nov 24, 2018
  4. New 4TB WD External HDD May Come With Defected USB Cable - Hell Corner

pc does not see my wd external hdd

my pc does not see my external wd hdd connected to usb port

MichaelWare4, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

New 4TB WD External HDD May Come With Defected USB Cable - Hell Corner

1. New 4TB WD External HDD May Come With Defected USB Cable - Hell Corner - Similar Threads - 4TB External HDD

2. Windows 11: File explorer recognizes my oldere 4Tb WD external HDD as a 5Tb drive and my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: File explorer recognizes my oldere 4Tb WD external HDD as a 5Tb drive and my...: Just around a week ago I discovered that in File Explorer my older 4Tb WD Elements drive that I have had for a few years is reading as a 5Tb drive and my new WD Elements 5Tb drive that I bought a few months ago is now recognized as a 4Tb drive. This means I lost a full Tb of...
  3. Disk Management: Formatting New 4TB WD HDD In External Enclosure. No Progress Indicator...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Management: Formatting New 4TB WD HDD In External Enclosure. No Progress Indicator...: Purchased new WD 4TB HDD and after initializing through Disk Management I initiated full format. Has been about an hour and no progress is showing. It just says "Formatting" see below. It displays following as well:Is this normal and I should just let it run over night? Any...
  4. Disk Management: Formatting New 4TB WD HDD In External Enclosure. No Progress Indicator...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Management: Formatting New 4TB WD HDD In External Enclosure. No Progress Indicator...: Purchased new WD 4TB HDD and after initializing through Disk Management I initiated full format. Has been about an hour and no progress is showing. It just says "Formatting" see below. It displays following as well:Is this normal and I should just let it run over night? Any...
  5. Disk Management: Formatting New 4TB WD HDD In External Enclosure. No Progress Indicator...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. New WD Black 4TB HDD issues.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New WD Black 4TB HDD issues.: Hello, I just finished upgrading my computer. I have a 4TB WD Black Hard drive and a WD SN750 SSD installed, first time using two drives, and first time using a SSD. I installed new copy of Windows 10 on the SSD, and it shows as C: drive, and I intended to use the 4TB Hard...
  7. WD Elements 1TB External USB HDD support exFAT

WD Elements 1TB External USB HDD support exFAT: Hi there I am wondering if formatting my WD Elements External Hard Drive to exFAT requires the hardrive to be relatvely new (it is quite old) or would need some sort of compatibility label to be used with exFAT. It is currently NTFS and I am not sure if formatting it to...
  8. Unable to detect Seagate 4TB External HDD

Unable to detect Seagate 4TB External HDD: Hi I have been trying to plug and unplug the Seagate 4TB External HDD with my Mac Pro which run Windows and was unable to detect my HDD. what is the cause of the problem and how can I recover it? Anyone can help or advice what should I do? Thanks...
  9. Connecting 2 TB+ External HDD to (LCD / LED) TV - Hell Corner

Connecting 2 TB+ External HDD to (LCD / LED) TV - Hell Corner: So the majority of those who like to watch movies on the big screen tend to rather follow the nasty act of using an external HDD to watch instead of connecting their laptop/desktop/phone/tablet etc for multiple reasons : First of versatility and Second saving disk space on...
  10. File explorer and WD external HDD

File explorer and WD external HDD: File explorer is struggling with my 2 external WD My Book 3TB HDD Problems: 1 of the drives will keep running randomly all night (and gets real hot) after PC shut down. When trying to write a batch to one of the drives explorer keeps trying to access the drive, cannot...