Windows 10: New Accessibility contextual ribbon coming to Excel

Discus and support New Accessibility contextual ribbon coming to Excel in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Accessibility is about making our products accessible and inclusive to everyone, including the 1 billion+ people with disabilities around the world. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 5, 2021.

1. Brink Win User

New Accessibility contextual ribbon coming to Excel

Accessibility is about making our products accessible and inclusive to everyone, including the 1 billion+ people with disabilities around the world. It is a core Excel and Microsoft priority, and an area where we continuously strive to improve. For more information about Microsoft’s commitment to accessibility, visit microsoft.com/accessibility.

Excel’s approach

Making Excel more accessible is a journey, and we will always have room for improvement as we strive to make spreadsheets work for everyone. We have three overarching objectives to guide us:

1. Work seamlessly with assistive technology. Our partners around the globe and within Microsoft create amazing technology to support people with disabilities. A few examples of assistive technology include screen readers, dictation software, magnifiers, and physical devices. Our priority is to collaborate with these partners so that everyone can use Excel in the way that works best for them, with tools that are already familiar.
    2. Build inclusive and delightful experiences inspired by people with disabilities. Beyond “just working,” Excel should be efficient and delightful to use. We are always looking for opportunities to simplify your workflow, summarize your content, or suggest information. By learning from and being inspired by the experiences of people with disabilities, we can make Excel better for all.
    3. Support authors to create accessible content. Making Excel as an application accessible is only half the battle; the other half is making sure workbooks created in Excel are accessible. For that, we rely heavily on you, the author…but that doesn’t mean we can’t help! We look for opportunities to automatically create accessible content on your behalf, support you while you create accessible content, let you know when something is inaccessible, and help you fix accessibility issues before sharing your workbook with others.

Feature Spotlight: Accessibility ribbon

As a part of our goal to help you create accessible content, there is a new contextual ribbon called “Accessibility” coming to Excel. The Accessibility ribbon will be available when you open the Check Accessibility pane on the Review tab. On the Accessibility ribbon you will find a collection of the most common tools you need to make your workbook accessible. The ribbon is available today to those in the Office Insiders program.

New Accessibility contextual ribbon coming to Excel large?v=v2&px=999.png

Contextual Accessibility ribbon in Excel shows when the Check Accessibility pane is open.

To learn more about the Accessibility ribbon, view our announcement on the Office Insiders blog. If you are interested in learning more about how to create accessible workbooks, check out our support article Make your Excel documents accessible to people with disabilities.

Next steps

Please let us know what you think! Your feedback and suggestions shape our approach to accessibility and inclusive design. To get in touch, contact the Disability Answer Desk or use Help > Feedback. We look forward to hearing from you!

This is the first in a series of blogs about our accessibility work in Excel. We hope you will join us over the next several months as we discuss exciting new improvements to Excel through an inclusive lens.

Subscribe to our Excel Blog and join our Excel Community to stay connected with us and other Excel fans around the world.

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...e/ba-p/2322439

:)

Brink, May 5, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Simplified Ribbon is now available in Excel for the web

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...b/ba-p/1995215

Brink, May 5, 2021
  3. Contextual menu

Bonjour,

Back to my problem.

Thank you Akheel Ahmed for your answer.

According to the result of sfc /scannow everything is OK in the Windows system.

The problem is that for a few shortcut icons on the desktop (Skype,...) the contextual menu is displayed correctly, but for all others:

• nothing is displayed,
    • the system seem to be frozen, the mouse cursor becomes a spinning wheel for waiting, mouse buttons are inefficient for a few seconds,
    • then the display gets black for less than 1 second,
    • and finally everything comes back to the normal state (without contextual menu !).
    If I display the desktop folder with Windows Explorer, the problem is the same: impossible to get the contextual menu from the involved shortcuts.

Does this give you an idea to solve my problem ?

Pierre

Pierre THOMAS, May 5, 2021
  4. RVer88 Win User

Windows version 1809 - excel displays new comment instead of insert comment

Did all of the steps you suggested and the drop down list still does not show "insert comment" HOWEVER when I select "new note" from the dropdown list, it works the same as "insert comment". I think the engineers changed the title. Also at the top
    of the excel screen is a field "tell me what you want to do"; if you type in insert comment, the insert comment window comes up and looks exactly like the window when you select "new note". As you suggested, I will send feedback to the engineers. Thank
    you for your help.

RVer88, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. New Accessibility contextual ribbon coming to Excel - Similar Threads - Accessibility contextual ribbon

2. Simplified Ribbon is now available in Excel for the web

in Windows 10 News
    Simplified Ribbon is now available in Excel for the web: We are excited to announce that the Simplified Ribbon is now Generally Available in Excel for the web. The Simplified Ribbon has a refreshed modern design which makes it easy to use while retaining all the functionality and power of the classic Excel Ribbon. Going forward...
  3. Workbook Link support coming to Excel for the web

in Windows 10 News
    Workbook Link support coming to Excel for the web: When collecting data from multiple workbooks, it’s often desirable to link directly to the data. Why? It provides a record of where the data was sourced and, if the data changes, you can easily refresh it. This has made Workbook Link support a highly requested...
  4. Avalanche of contextual popups

in Windows 10 Support
    Avalanche of contextual popups: Hello all, I am inundated with contextual pops ups to the point pc practically useless. I hv tried everything found surfing incl resets (factory & keeping files) to eliminate them but to no avail. Malwarebytes shows pc to be malware/virus free. Any suggestions most welcome....
  5. Excel comes up then shuts down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel comes up then shuts down: Excel loads and shuts down so fast I can not read the error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-comes-up-then-shuts-down/24c9ee04-407f-47bb-8a75-13abcd5f13be
  6. Excel 2016 Force Legacy Workbook Sharing or Ribbon button with Policy?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel 2016 Force Legacy Workbook Sharing or Ribbon button with Policy?: Hello all, I am trying to migrate a bunch of users to Office 2016. Upon doing this i noticed that the Share Workbook functionality in Excel 2016 has been replaced with co-authoring. We use the share workbook functionality for editing files with multiple users on a local...
  7. Office 365 and new Outlook simplified ribbon

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 and new Outlook simplified ribbon: Well, if you’re using Outlook for a while, then you will be familiar with Outlook ribbon - contains all of the options and commands that you use to accomplish tasks in Outlook. For example, you can click buttons on the ribbon to create a new email, delete emails, open a new...
  8. Contextual click issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Contextual click issues: Whenever I right click in a folder to copy/paste or do anything, the contextual menu doesn't show up. Here's a sample of the problem attached. I've tried disabling shell extensions related to contextual stuff, didn't help. Any suggestions? It's frustrating as all get...
  9. Contextual sensing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Contextual sensing in Windows 10: In Windows 10, we are very excited to introduce several APIs for contextual sensing that can help you build apps to improve your customers’ daily lives. These include apps that detect presence when customers approach their devices, apps that can detect whether your customer...
  10. remove contextual menu

in Windows 10 Support
    remove contextual menu: remove contextual menu cut and copy and create shortcut. Thank you. [img] 47558