Windows 10: New Account Creation Problems

Discus and support New Account Creation Problems in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I upgraded my desktop PC to v1607 yesterday. All was working fine so as final check I tried creating a new local user account. The account was created... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Steve C, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

New Account Creation Problems

I upgraded my desktop PC to v1607 yesterday. All was working fine so as final check I tried creating a new local user account. The account was created OK but when I logged in to the new account, the PC was stuck on "Getting things ready" for over 30 mins. I couldn't use Ctrl / Alt / Del so I just powered off the PC. On restart, the old accounts still worked fine and sfc /scannow ran clear. I could log in to the new account but it had major problems e.g. PC Settings didn't work - I had a cannot find file error. I've deleted the new account which was obviously corrupted or not correctly configured and will try again tomorrow.

I'm wondering what caused this problem - a corrupt default user profile or perhaps a conflict with Kaspersky Internet Security 2017? I had a different account problem after upgrading another PC last week which would not log on to a new account. I solved this problem by copying across the default profile from the 1607 ISO file.

Please advise:
    • What causes the new account creation process to stick on "Getting things ready" and is there a recommended fix?
    • Have other people had similar problems?
    • How do you stop the new account creation process other than shutting down the PC?
    I'm inclined to try the new account creation again with Kaspersky Internet Security paused and if that fails copy a new version of the default profile from the ISO file which is the fix which worked for me last week.

:)

Steve C, Dec 23, 2016

2. windows 10 error Code C1900101 - 20017

Hi I had the same code and I tried and tried and tried over and over for several days and then today I opened the CD door and left it open then I took out the SD card left it out and unplugged my computer from the electric outlet and to my amazement it
    finally went pass 25%(coping file 84%) and now I have windows 10 You guys have to try this.

Please try this

new creation, Dec 23, 2016
  3. windows 10 error Code C1900101 - 20017

Hi I had the same code and I tried and tried and tried over and over for several days and then today I opened the cd door and left it open then I took out the SD card and unplugged my computer from the electric outlet and to my amazement it finally went
    pass 25%(coping file 84%) and now I have windows 10

Please try this

new creation, Dec 23, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

I fixed this problem by copying the default user profile from the 1607 ISO file.

I have a remaining problem - Classic Shell is not displaying all of the Windows Apps but they work fine from the Windows Start Menu. How do you reset or configure Classic Shell to find and display all the Apps?

I've now had problems creating new accounts on two PCs following upgrades to 1607. Both PCs started life as Windows 8 and run Kaspersky 2017. I'm thinking this is more than a coincidence.

Steve C, Dec 23, 2016
Thema:

1. New Account Creation Problems - Similar Threads - Account Creation Problems

2. account creation

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    account creation: Im trying to create Microsoft account for my niece and keeps on loading after I put the birthday. I cant finish the process and I been doing this multiple attempt now. Is there any issue online ?...
  3. account creation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account creation: Im trying to create Microsoft account for my niece and keeps on loading after I put the birthday. I cant finish the process and I been doing this multiple attempt now. Is there any issue online ?...
  4. account creation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New Folder Creation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Folder Creation: [ATTACH] I have this problem where when I try to create a New Folder on my Desktop it is automatically named New Folder (2), which indicates that there is already a folder somewhere on the desktop with the same name (New Folder) I have tried locating it through...
  6. Folder Creation problem.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Creation problem.: I have been running Windows 10 on a Lenovo desktop for many years. Recently, I could no longer create new folders on the desktop by right clicking or in File Explorer. Nothing happens. Over the past week I have tried multiple fixes that I have found on various support...
  7. Account Creation, Files Corrupted

Account Creation, Files Corrupted: I Made an account on a different Computer, it had a lot of icons on the desktop but then they disappeared for some reason and i'm trying to get it back but it says it's corrupted and it even signed me out of my email the files have a lot of important Information and i need...
  8. folder creation problem

folder creation problem: when I create command promot through directory of folder on desktop it's doesn't show on my desktop screen what's the problems ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-creation-problem/84a866fe-7ab3-43e1-81c5-b1a558b3e884"
  9. New User Accounts Creation Problems

New User Accounts Creation Problems: Windows 10 / Home / Lenovo i5 PC. Windows 10 was pre-installed (so not an upgrade from a previous version). When I create a new standard local user and try and log in to it Windows creates the icon for the account. However when I try to log in for the first time it does...
  10. Problem creating new account

Problem creating new account: I am trying to create a local administrator account. The process seems to complete - both the Control Panel's User Accounts and the Setting's Accounts see this new user, but the userid is not available for use. No new folder is created under the Users folder, etc. I've tried...