Windows 10: New Account set up

Discus and support New Account set up in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello Guys, This is my main PC where everything is set up as I want it (apart from a Start Menu App issue but that's another story), I have just... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by tonymarcus, Nov 27, 2015.

1. New Account set up

Hello Guys,

This is my main PC where everything is set up as I want it (apart from a Start Menu App issue but that's another story), I have just added my account (that is on this PC) to my wife's laptop, I've entered my Microsoft log in and password.

I was on the understanding that all the Apps and settings from my main PC would migrate to the laptop, this has not happened which seems pretty useless to me.

My theme and favourites have migrated over but not the apps, does any one know if this should work or Is it another Windows 10 failing?

Thanks

Tony

:)

tonymarcus, Nov 27, 2015
  2. Bruce Hagen, Nov 27, 2015
  3. new account set up properties

i have recently changed my pc to windows ten, i would like to know the settings for virginmedia mail so i can send and receive mail on windows live mail

mike scaccia, Nov 27, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

New Account set up

It is not another Windows 10 failing. Windows 10 will not copy programs from one computer to another because without additional licenses that would be piracy. Microsoft cannot make themselves responsible for knowing what programs you are licensed to copy and what you aren't.

NavyLCDR, Nov 27, 2015
  5. It was the apps and windows settings I was concerned about

tonymarcus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

New Account set up

1. New Account set up - Similar Threads - Account set

2. I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.: I just received a new computer and when setting it up, I didn't think about and used a newer email address and name to set everything instead of my older Microsoft account. Now I can't access OneDrive under the old email address to move my files over onto this computer.How...
  3. I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.: I just received a new computer and when setting it up, I didn't think about and used a newer email address and name to set everything instead of my older Microsoft account. Now I can't access OneDrive under the old email address to move my files over onto this computer.How...
  4. I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.: How do I set up an AOL account to Mail in Windows 10. I keep getting "the settings are out of date" when I try to set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-aol-account-to-mail-i-keep-getting-the/f7d0d67f-0c4a-4d4d-b2fd-4675b350b7a7
  6. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.: How do I set up an AOL account to Mail in Windows 10. I keep getting "the settings are out of date" when I try to set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-aol-account-to-mail-i-keep-getting-the/f7d0d67f-0c4a-4d4d-b2fd-4675b350b7a7
  7. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. W11 Settings show 2 different names for the current Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Settings show 2 different names for the current Account: Hello,My Windows 11 Settings randomly started to think that my Account is Darrin DeYoung. When I go to Accounts, it shows the correct name. I read online that Darrin DeYoung is a retail demo account and that I should reinstall windows. But it worked fine for 1 Year without...
  9. W11 Settings show 2 different names for the current Account

W11 Settings show 2 different names for the current Account: Hello,My Windows 11 Settings randomly started to think that my Account is Darrin DeYoung. When I go to Accounts, it shows the correct name. I read online that Darrin DeYoung is a retail demo account and that I should reinstall windows. But it worked fine for 1 Year without...
  10. The "add account" button in the Accounts->Other Users windows settings not doing anything...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "add account" button in the Accounts->Other Users windows settings not doing anything...: If I click on the button located in "other users" in the windows setting, a white pop up appears which just immediately crashes without giving me any information....