Windows 10: New account to just reset and start over

Discus and support New account to just reset and start over in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently built a PC and I've been downloading and moving around software everywhere to the point where some of them can't work anymore. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LiarWasTaken, Nov 21, 2020.

1. New account to just reset and start over

I recently built a PC and I've been downloading and moving around software everywhere to the point where some of them can't work anymore. Is there a way I could delete my admin account, make a new admin account, remove everything on the old admin account, maybe clear my hard drive, and just redo this whole thing?

Edit: I might also need to keep some of my software like the drivers that came with motherboard and a free Norton Security

submitted by /u/LiarWasTaken
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LiarWasTaken, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Nov 21, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

New account to just reset and start over

Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook

There's no need to reset the laptop. Simply create a new user account for you, change its account type to administrator (all new accounts after the first initial one are standard accounts when created), sign out from the original account, sign in to your new account and finally remove the original account. Takes a few minutes, much faster than a full reset.

Thema:

New account to just reset and start over

1. New account to just reset and start over - Similar Threads - account reset start

2. Start Up and Account Issue Reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Start Up and Account Issue Reset: I tried to fix an issue following the Dell instructions for a webcam error I was getting by going into the F2 Bios settings to update. I updated the drivers. I restarted and my whole computer was wiped clean. Almost everything is missing. I saved everything I could still find...
  3. Start Up and Account Issue Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Up and Account Issue Reset: I tried to fix an issue following the Dell instructions for a webcam error I was getting by going into the F2 Bios settings to update. I updated the drivers. I restarted and my whole computer was wiped clean. Almost everything is missing. I saved everything I could still find...
  4. Start Up and Account Issue Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I want to reset and start my PC over again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to reset and start my PC over again: I want to reset and start my PC over again. Should I Fresh Start or Reset PC? My Wondows 10 says it is activated with a digital liscence linked to my Microsoft account. I Don't need to keep any of my files, i already backed them up. I don't need to save my settings either....
  6. On Reboot, have to start over, as though is a new machine

in Windows 10 Customization
    On Reboot, have to start over, as though is a new machine: Ever since a recent update to Windows 10, every time I reboot, am told "welcome to new Windows", and I have to start over with the Task Bar...and, have to bring programs back to life. Start menu also has to be totally rebuilt. For example, my Kindle Reader vanishes... have...
  7. Starting over

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Starting over: I recently upgraded to Win 10 and did something that wasn't too bright. I did the SFC / scannow in the prompt and got the "corrupt files but wasn't able to fix them all" after it was finished. I looked into doing the advanced restart to fix it but thought better about doing...
  8. my game will install halfway then it just fail's, then it just starts over. Forza 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my game will install halfway then it just fail's, then it just starts over. Forza 4: i've been trying to download this game for 2 days now and it just fails about halfway in, then when i go for the restart then it does the same but it just keeps on getting bigger and bigger! im on about 229 gb right now and the game is about 65, so what could my problem be?...
  9. Start Over, New Lenovo Setup

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Over, New Lenovo Setup: Trashed the 'old' Dell, new Lenovo came. Edge or Chrome browser? Did Chrome from IE, don't think I tried edge. Wasn't using chrome very long. Adding bkmks often didn't work or went somewhere else, help menu limited. I read Edge does not allow dsktp shtcts, uses taskbar...
  10. Gah, help! Laptop is just restarting over and over

in Windows 10 Support
    Gah, help! Laptop is just restarting over and over: It's windows 10, it was installing some updates and I think it got interrupted when my laptop died. I plugged it in and turned it back on and it's been continuously trying to start up for about 5 hours now. I can't do anything on it, when I turn it off and on again it's doing...