Windows 10: New account unable to sign in and older one missing

Discus and support New account unable to sign in and older one missing in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, so I've been re installing and transferring files since my previous installation of windows was damaged somehow beyond repair. I made an... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LeoShafai, Apr 14, 2019.

1. LeoShafai Win User

New account unable to sign in and older one missing

Hello, so I've been re installing and transferring files since my previous installation of windows was damaged somehow beyond repair.

I made an account to do a few things on and had the files from my old account ready to copy over.

I just created the new account, set it to administrator, and went to go log in, then I got an error saying something along the lines of 'Failed to sign-in. Users and Groups policy could not sign in'.

Next I restarted my PC to see if that was the issue, and when I came back my original account was missing and I'm left with the account which cannot sign-in.

Looking online I've seen a few guides where they fix part of the registry, but I can't access regedit since I can't log in to an account, plus most registry errors occur when moving things around and I hadn't yet moves my accounts files over.

I'm guessing the first step would be to make a new account from either the EFI (which I can boot override into from my motherboard's bios), or in CMD (which I can still get to from the recovery menu) somehow, but I'm not sure if you are able to do either of these or how to do them.

Also let me know if this belongs in Family, Performance & system failures, or Windows Hello, lock screen, and sign-in.

I guessed system failures meant hardware failures and not the operating system, and that Family usually covers interaction and permissions/capabilities of accounts, but correct me if I'm wrong so I can move it over.

Thanks New account unable to sign in and older one missing :)

:)

LeoShafai, Apr 14, 2019

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Unable to sign in Xbox account on Minecraft in iOS

Hi,

There are different factors that we have to take into consideration on why you are unable to sign in using your Microsoft account
    in Minecraft on iOS . Let's gather the following information so we can gain a better grasp of your case:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Are you trying to sign in your account on Xbox app or Xbox.com?
    • Is this happening on a specific account only?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you try using a different account to sign in on your iPad and see if the same issue persists. If the issue does not happen on the new profile, there could be some broken system components on your old profile.

We will be waiting on your response.

Acelyn Alc, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Mustang Win User

Microsoft account sign in option missing

I have a local account with a sign in password for boot up.

After a recent major MS update, I no longer have an option to sign in at boot up using my Microsoft account.

When I go to Settings > Accounts > Sign in options ... this is what I see.

Any suggestions to resovle this and restore MS account sign in?

If I go to Email app accounts > Add an account ... A new window flashes on the screen and disappears.

Mustang, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

1. New account unable to sign in and older one missing - Similar Threads - account unable sign

2. Unable to sign in to new laptop with a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign in to new laptop with a Microsoft account: Hi Team, Trying to set-up a new laptop with a new microsoft account. Have set up a new hotmail account but unable to sign-in . The laptop asks to setup a PIN and when I try to, its says - something went wrong and try again or set-up later. When I click “skip for now” it just...
  3. Unable to sign in to new laptop with a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sign in to new laptop with a Microsoft account: Hi Team, Trying to set-up a new laptop with a new microsoft account. Have set up a new hotmail account but unable to sign-in . The laptop asks to setup a PIN and when I try to, its says - something went wrong and try again or set-up later. When I click “skip for now” it just...
  4. New Computer - Sign in with Local Account Instead is Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Computer - Sign in with Local Account Instead is Missing: The option to sign in with a local account is not showing on "Your Info". I have tried several of the fixes suggested online - such as removing the check mark from disabled under Users by going through lusrmgr.msc and adding a user going through Computer Management. I have...
  5. New Computer - Sign in with Local Account Instead is Missing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New Computer - Sign in with Local Account Instead is Missing: The option to sign in with a local account is not showing on "Your Info". I have tried several of the fixes suggested online - such as removing the check mark from disabled under Users by going through lusrmgr.msc and adding a user going through Computer Management. I have...
  6. New Computer - Sign in with Local Account Instead is Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. New Laptop unable to sign into Microsoft account

New Laptop unable to sign into Microsoft account: I recently bought a new laptop and I'm trying to set up the local account to be linked to my Microsoft account. However, I am unable to sign into the computer using my Microsoft account. When it prompts me for my Windows account password for the second time, it says that "the...
  8. New account unable to sign in and older one missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New account unable to sign in and older one missing: Hello, so I've been re installing and transferring files since my previous installation of windows was damaged somehow beyond repair. I made an account to do a few things on and had the files from my old account ready to copy over. I just created the new account, set it...
  9. Account unable to sign in

Account unable to sign in: Hello, My admin account is not showing on sign in screen and when I try to sign in using local account an error displayed showing 'The user profile service failed the sign in'. I try to boot in safe mode but the problem remain same .Please help....
  10. Unable to sign in to Outlook.com on one account (server not found)

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to sign in to Outlook.com on one account (server not found): I have multiple Microsoft accounts, the one in question is the one I use to sign in to my Windows 10 computers. When going to Outlook.com on any browser, any computer, my account is clearly found and credentials accepted, as is confirmed by the fact that I will be shown...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. leoShafai