Windows 10: New account won't let me log in

Discus and support New account won't let me log in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I run W10 on a Dell Inspiron laptop. To deal with one game (out of several) not syncing, I'm trying to create a new account to see if the game will... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RogerBlair1, Dec 27, 2018.

1. New account won't let me log in

I run W10 on a Dell Inspiron laptop. To deal with one game (out of several) not syncing, I'm trying to create a new account to see if the game will sync on a new account.. I create the account and give it a password, which I have written down so I can't get it wrong. When I reboot and try to log into the new account, the system won't accept the password I just created. I don't know ho to handle this problem--I've been going around in circles trying to log into the new account. Does anyone know how to break this loop?

Thanks for any help.

:)

RogerBlair1, Dec 27, 2018
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 27, 2018
  4. New account won't let me log in

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

New account won't let me log in

1. New account won't let me log in - Similar Threads - account won't let

2. Onedrive won't let me log in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive won't let me log in.: Onedrive won't let me log in to my email address. At login it displays one of my non Microsoft email addresses. When I retype my onedrive email account address, after a delay it comes back an error occurred....
  3. Onedrive won't let me log in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive won't let me log in.: Onedrive won't let me log in to my email address. At login it displays one of my non Microsoft email addresses. When I retype my onedrive email account address, after a delay it comes back an error occurred....
  4. Onedrive won't let me log in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Trying to log in to my new MS account and getting message that won't let me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to log in to my new MS account and getting message that won't let me: I'm trying to log in to a new MS account I created today. When I go to my accounts page it shows my Local account and when I try to log in to my MS account, a window opens and it tells me "Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you can't add it here." I...
  6. Won't let me log into Halo Infinite with the right account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't let me log into Halo Infinite with the right account: I keep logging into Halo Infinite with a specific gamertag. I make sure that I am logged into that same gamertag in the microsoft store, the xbox app, the xbox companion app, everything. But when Halo Infinite boots, the game says "The microsoft store user is not the same as...
  7. Won't let me log into Halo Infinite with the right account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Won't let me log into Halo Infinite with the right account: I keep logging into Halo Infinite with a specific gamertag. I make sure that I am logged into that same gamertag in the microsoft store, the xbox app, the xbox companion app, everything. But when Halo Infinite boots, the game says "The microsoft store user is not the same as...
  8. Microsoft won't let me log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft won't let me log in: Hello, for the past week, I've been trying to log into my Microsoft account, but every time it says "Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in.". I'm not sure how to fix this... [ATTACH]...
  9. Won't let me log in

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Won't let me log in: I purchased an account for windows 19 edition today and tried to log in but after logging in it said I had to buy it first in which I had done already and I even have the order receipt....
  10. Computer won't let me log on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't let me log on: I was able to log onto my computer last Friday, but when I tried to log in on Saturday, my computer said my password was incorrect. I checked, and it most certainly is not incorrect, so I tried following some guides on the website to fix it. My big issue is that once I click...