Windows 10: New Acer laptop

Discus and support New Acer laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good day to all. Thinking of getting a laptop for my granddaughter as a startup for her homework etc. Its a Acer Spin 1 11.6'' Convertible laptop with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by menu, Dec 10, 2018.

1. menu Win User

New Acer laptop

Good day to all.
    Thinking of getting a laptop for my granddaughter as a startup for her homework etc.
    Its a Acer Spin 1 11.6'' Convertible laptop with touch screen 4gb ram 64gb ssd.With windows 10 home and a year subscription to office 365 free.
    Any thoughts Please.
    Thanks.
    The one below is 4gbram 32gb ssd the one I have in mind is 64gbssd.

Acer SPIN 1 SP111-31-C3B3 11.6 Accessories

:)

2. TAU
    Tau Win User

Acer Laptops :are they crap ?

Acer makes a cheap prodcut period. They user lower end plastics, as well as assembly. (I hate working on Acer laptops)

If budget is an issue then get an acer... though for $50 more you could get a gateway that will smoke the acer in terms of quality.

For a laptop though i would suggest one of the DV7T's from HP or a Business class Toshiba/HP/IBM (not the lenovo branded, the Thinkpads)

3. Christmas acer laptop

If you prefer, you still can revert it back using the factory restore procedure, there's a hotkey on every new acer laptop/PC. just my two cents

Thefumigator, Dec 10, 2018
  4. New Acer laptop

Suggest new laptop/notebook

If portability is the main goal, in spite of graphics topping your requirement list, I'd rather go for Lenovo or Xiaomi (as far as I know, they're big players in your area) as I'm pretty much fed up with most of the traditional brands (I had terrible problems with HP, dell and acer, which's the best one among these in my experience).

So... A thinkpad as already suggested or a Xiaomi Air xx.

Regardless, take a look at this website where you can beautifully fine-tune your candidate list (no xiaomi available though):
    Laptop Comparison Chart

yesyesloud, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

New Acer laptop

1. New Acer laptop - Similar Threads - Acer laptop

2. My laptop acer Swift 1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop acer Swift 1: My laptop acer Swift 1. I restart it, keep my file and download the local or cloud something and when I restart, they say that my laptop have a problem and can't restart so I back my laptop but when I open it they are open and just seeing the logo then it's shut-down on their...
  3. My laptop acer Swift 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop acer Swift 1: My laptop acer Swift 1. I restart it, keep my file and download the local or cloud something and when I restart, they say that my laptop have a problem and can't restart so I back my laptop but when I open it they are open and just seeing the logo then it's shut-down on their...
  4. My laptop acer Swift 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. when i connect my airpod pros to my laptop acer travelmate I P and i put on music, it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i connect my airpod pros to my laptop acer travelmate I P and i put on music, it...: when i connect my airpod pros to my laptop acer travelmate I P and i put on music, it cancels out the background noises and music and i can only hear voices...
  6. when i connect my airpod pros to my laptop acer travelmate I P and i put on music, it...

when i connect my airpod pros to my laptop acer travelmate I P and i put on music, it...: when i connect my airpod pros to my laptop acer travelmate I P and i put on music, it cancels out the background noises and music and i can only hear voices...
  7. when i connect my airpod pros to my laptop acer travelmate I P and i put on music, it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Acer aspire laptop can not connect with Wi-Fi.. computer was connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer aspire laptop can not connect with Wi-Fi.. computer was connected: Acer Aspire computer will not connect to Wi-Fi. Windows 11. I did have connection. But now it keeps asking for key code. Then still no connection...
  9. Acer aspire laptop can not connect with Wi-Fi.. computer was connected

Acer aspire laptop can not connect with Wi-Fi.. computer was connected: Acer Aspire computer will not connect to Wi-Fi. Windows 11. I did have connection. But now it keeps asking for key code. Then still no connection...
  10. forgot pin to log into acer laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forgot pin to log into acer laptop: forgot pin on acer laptop and it wont give me a forgot pin prompt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-pin-to-log-into-acer-laptop/6e35c285-1ecd-4a17-82fe-1a6ea971b4b9