Windows 10: New algorithm for more useful featured snippets in Google Search

Discus and support New algorithm for more useful featured snippets in Google Search in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Sometimes when you use Google, you’re seeking information when timeliness matters, even if your query doesn’t spell that out. For example, when you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

New algorithm for more useful featured snippets in Google Search

Source: Finding fresh, helpful information through featured snippets

:)

Brink, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Source: Finding fresh, helpful information through featured snippets

Brink, Oct 1, 2019
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Oct 1, 2019
  4. New algorithm for more useful featured snippets in Google Search

Google Algorithm update

Why is that very few people recognized the new Google image algorithm update released at the September, 2018?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

Megan Arya, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

1. New algorithm for more useful featured snippets in Google Search - Similar Threads - algorithm more useful

2. New quick way to learn more about your Google search results

in Windows 10 News
    New quick way to learn more about your Google search results: When you search for information on Google, you probably often come across results from sources that you’re familiar with: major retailer websites, national news sites and more. But there’s also a ton of great information on and services available from...
  3. New message feature when not able to find matches for Google Search

in Windows 10 News
    New message feature when not able to find matches for Google Search: We’ve probably all gone through this before: you do a search for something, and the results just don’t seem to be related to what you were looking for. It’s definitely not what we want to see happen, and we try to prevent it in a number of...
  4. Stop Google Search use Google Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stop Google Search use Google Account: How do I stop Google opening with Gmail when I don't use it any longer? [Original Title: gmail] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-google-search-use-google-account/fffb9249-827a-4a62-a089-e86b12c9b5dd"
  5. A new look for Google Search

in Windows 10 News
    A new look for Google Search: Our goal with Search always has been to help people quickly and easily find the information that they’re looking for. Over the years, the amount and format of information available on the web has changed drastically—from the proliferation of images and video, to the...
  6. New Activity Cards, Collections, and more features in Google Search

in Windows 10 News
    New Activity Cards, Collections, and more features in Google Search: We’ve spent the last 20 years optimizing Search so it works really well for getting quick information. You ask what the capital of Costa Rica is, and we’ll tell you it’s San José. But in life we often take longer journeys, and people turn to Search for help in these moments...
  7. New activity cards feature to retrace your steps in Google Search

in Windows 10 News
    New activity cards feature to retrace your steps in Google Search: We’ve spent the last 20 years optimizing Search so it works really well for getting quick information. You ask what the capital of Costa Rica is, and we’ll tell you it’s San José. But in life we often take longer journeys, and people turn to Search for help in these moments...
  8. Google making visual content more useful in Search

in Windows 10 News
    Google making visual content more useful in Search: When Search first began, our results were just plain text. But on February 24, 2000, something changed. It was the day after the Grammy Awards, and we noticed people were searching like crazy for Jennifer Lopez’s green dress. It was clear right away that people were looking...
  9. New way to find useful information fast on Google Search

in Windows 10 News
    New way to find useful information fast on Google Search: Imagine you’re remodeling your kitchen, and you want information about how quartz compares to granite for your new countertops. Sure, Google can tell you what quartz and granite are, but that’s perhaps not what you had in mind. Chances are you’re hoping to learn more about...
  10. Changes to Store listings and search algorithms

in Windows 10 News
    Changes to Store listings and search algorithms: As we near the launch of Windows 10, I want to share with you some changes coming in the new Windows Store: lists and search algorithms, a new web Store, changes to the app listings and updates to ratings and reviews. These changes may impact how your apps appear in the...