Windows 10: New AMD Athlon, Athlon Pro and Ryzen Pro processors

Discus and support New AMD Athlon, Athlon Pro and Ryzen Pro processors in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced a reimagined family of AMD Athlon desktop processors with Radeon Vega graphics that have been optimized for everyday... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

New AMD Athlon, Athlon Pro and Ryzen Pro processors

Source: AMD Reimagines Everyday Computing with New “Zen” Based Athlon™ Desktop Processors, Expands Commercial Client Portfolio with 2nd Generation Ryzen™ PRO Desktop Processors | AMD

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter[/quote]

Brink, Sep 6, 2018

2. AMD Athlon 4450B 64-bit

Is the AMD Athlon Dual Core 4450B (64-bit) processor included in any of the revised updates? I am still unable to update to KB4056892 without the "freeze" occurring, forcing me to roll back to version 1709 build 16299.125. Is there any specific listing
    of AMD processors that are included in the fixes?

BigRayMartin, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Safe to install KB4074588 on AMD Athlon x64 ?

Hi Fionn,

Are you using Windows 10 Pro or Home?
    Windows Updates
    could be disabled for up to 35 days on Windows 10 Pro, but on
    Windows 10 Home, Windows Updates will be automatically installed. No need to worry, KB4074588
    is totally safe for older AMD processors such as AMD Athlon x2. We already addressed the issues that arise upon installing latest updates for AMD Athlon x2. For further information regarding
    KB4074588 , kindly refer to this link.

Regarding your question about system restore, it is foolproof. System Restore points could automatically fix issues that arises during the installation a new hardware or software. Creating a System Restore point every week is recommended.

Do get back to us if you have more questions.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Allan Mej, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Ally W Win User

Old Athlon 64 3000 processor

I have an Acer athlon 64 3000+ laptop running windows 7. When I run windows 10 update it fails because the processor is not supported as it is missing some CPU instructions.

Somebody suggested installing the 32bit version of windows 10 but when I try the setup file wont run. Any suggestions

Ally W, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. New AMD Athlon, Athlon Pro and Ryzen Pro processors - Similar Threads - AMD Athlon Athlon

2. Is AMD Vision Pro part of AMD Athlon X2 in HP Compaq 315eu MT or Other AMD Processor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is AMD Vision Pro part of AMD Athlon X2 in HP Compaq 315eu MT or Other AMD Processor?: Im Very Confused and my head is paining me i cant sleep, because im not getting any answer, so Please Answer quickest u can after 2 days im gonna get that desktop setup on my desk because, thanks!...
  3. Is AMD Vision Pro part of AMD Athlon X2 in HP Compaq 315eu MT or Other AMD Processor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is AMD Vision Pro part of AMD Athlon X2 in HP Compaq 315eu MT or Other AMD Processor?: Im Very Confused and my head is paining me i cant sleep, because im not getting any answer, so Please Answer quickest u can after 2 days im gonna get that desktop setup on my desk because, thanks!...
  4. Athlon 3000G

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Athlon 3000G: Athlon 3000G is around #4 on the list of approved AMD processors, but when I run Windows Health Check it says my processor doesn't meet requirements. Everything else checks out ok. Anyone?...
  5. Introducing new AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO Processors

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing new AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO Processors: [media] Today, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) announced the new AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO Processor line-up, with up to 64 cores and unrivalled bandwidth3 built with enterprise-grade AMD PRO technologies. Designed for professional workstations from OEMs and system integrators, AMD...
  6. Introducing 16-core AMD Ryzen 9 3950X and AMD Athlon 3000G Processors

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing 16-core AMD Ryzen 9 3950X and AMD Athlon 3000G Processors: Today, AMD announced the release of the highly anticipated flagship 16-core AMD Ryzen9 3950X processor, available worldwide November 25, 2019. AMD Ryzen 9 3950X processor brings the ultimate processor for gamers with effortless 1080P gaming in select titles1 and up to 2X more...
  7. AMD Announces New AMD Ryzen Pro 3000 Series Processors

in Windows 10 News
    AMD Announces New AMD Ryzen Pro 3000 Series Processors: Today, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) announced the global availability of its new AMD Ryzen™ PRO 3000 Series desktop processor lineup, along with new AMD Ryzen™ PRO processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics and AMD Athlon™ PRO processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics. The AMD Ryzen PRO and...
  8. New 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen PRO and AMD Athlon PRO Mobile Processors

in Windows 10 News
    New 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen PRO and AMD Athlon PRO Mobile Processors: Today, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) announced the latest additions to its PRO processor lineup: 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen PRO mobile processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics and AMD Athlon™ PRO mobile processors with Radeon Vega Graphics. Providing commercial notebook users with power-efficient...
  9. AMD announces new mobile Ryzen, Athlon, and A-Series processors

in Windows 10 News
    AMD announces new mobile Ryzen, Athlon, and A-Series processors: Today, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) announced the first members of its 2019 mobility line-up encompassing all notebook segments: 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen 3000 Series Mobile Processors powering ultrathin and gaming notebooks; AMD Athlon 300 Series Mobile Processors powering mainstream notebooks...
  10. AMD Athlon CPUs on W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Athlon CPUs on W10: I have a client who had an issue after upgrading W10. These are the specs: HP Pavilion p6754y Magnesium Gray Edition Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP®Â*Support We had a problem with performance. TM showed CPU usage was in the 90s. After a lot of working msconfig,...