Windows 10: New AMD Athlon, Athlon Pro and Ryzen Pro processors

Discus and support New AMD Athlon, Athlon Pro and Ryzen Pro processors in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced a reimagined family of AMD Athlon desktop processors with Radeon Vega graphics that have been optimized for everyday... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

New AMD Athlon, Athlon Pro and Ryzen Pro processors

Source: AMD Reimagines Everyday Computing with New “Zen” Based Athlon™ Desktop Processors, Expands Commercial Client Portfolio with 2nd Generation Ryzen™ PRO Desktop Processors | AMD

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter[/quote]

Brink, Sep 6, 2018
  2. BigRayMartin Win User

AMD Athlon 4450B 64-bit

Is the AMD Athlon Dual Core 4450B (64-bit) processor included in any of the revised updates? I am still unable to update to KB4056892 without the "freeze" occurring, forcing me to roll back to version 1709 build 16299.125. Is there any specific listing
    of AMD processors that are included in the fixes?

BigRayMartin, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Safe to install KB4074588 on AMD Athlon x64 ?

Hi Fionn,

Are you using Windows 10 Pro or Home?
    Windows Updates
    could be disabled for up to 35 days on Windows 10 Pro, but on
    Windows 10 Home, Windows Updates will be automatically installed. No need to worry, KB4074588
    is totally safe for older AMD processors such as AMD Athlon x2. We already addressed the issues that arise upon installing latest updates for AMD Athlon x2. For further information regarding
    KB4074588 , kindly refer to this link.

Regarding your question about system restore, it is foolproof. System Restore points could automatically fix issues that arises during the installation a new hardware or software. Creating a System Restore point every week is recommended.

Do get back to us if you have more questions.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Allan Mej, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Ally W Win User

Old Athlon 64 3000 processor

I have an Acer athlon 64 3000+ laptop running windows 7. When I run windows 10 update it fails because the processor is not supported as it is missing some CPU instructions.

Somebody suggested installing the 32bit version of windows 10 but when I try the setup file wont run. Any suggestions

Ally W, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. New AMD Athlon, Athlon Pro and Ryzen Pro processors - Similar Threads - AMD Athlon Athlon

2. New 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2970WX and 2920X processors

in Windows 10 News
    New 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2970WX and 2920X processors: Today, AMD announced availability of two additional 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper processor models, 2970WX with 24 cores and 48 threads and the Ryzen Threadripper 2920X with 12 cores and 24 threads. The Ryzen Threadripper WX series commands class-leading core counts,...
  3. 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX Processor available to preorder

in Windows 10 News
    2nd Gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX Processor available to preorder: Designed for artists, editors, and engineers, the 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper 2990WX processor unleashes the brute force of 32-cores and 64-threads of raw processing power so your creativity has no limits. Maximize system performance with true machine intelligence...
  4. KB4073290 released for old Athlon machines running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4073290 released for old Athlon machines running Windows 10: Microsoft have released KB4073290 on the Microsoft Catalog for older computers with AMD Athlon chip sets that became unbootable after installing the January cumulative update KB4056892 (build 16299.192). After installation of KB4073290, the machine will run build...
  5. AMD Athlon CPUs on W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Athlon CPUs on W10: I have a client who had an issue after upgrading W10. These are the specs: HP Pavilion p6754y Magnesium Gray Edition Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP®Â*Support We had a problem with performance. TM showed CPU usage was in the 90s. After a lot of working msconfig,...
  6. AMD ATHLON II install

AMD ATHLON II install: I have an old HP desktop PC with an AMD ATHLON II x2 processor however did not actually come up with an upgrade notification. However I have borrowed a USB with the setup files already on it (because my internet is not optimal at the moment) .has anyone had any success...
  7. Athlon 4800+ running W10

Athlon 4800+ running W10: Having asked questions on this forum and the W7 forum, I have successfully installed W10hp 32bit on an old socket 939 Athlon X2 4800+ machine. It was suggested that 64 bit was also likely to work. Microsoft's upgrade would not work because the processor lacked the correct...
  8. AMD Partners Dell, HP, And Lenovo Support Ryzen Pro...

in Windows 10 News
    AMD Partners Dell, HP, And Lenovo Support Ryzen Pro...: AMD Partners Dell, HP, And Lenovo Support Ryzen Pro With New Enterprise Desktops Advanced Micro Devices has been rolling out its latest products in what seems to be a nonstop cadence. The company started earlier this year with their consumer desktop Ryzen processors...
  9. AMD Launches Embedded EPYC and Ryzen Processors

in Windows 10 News
    AMD Launches Embedded EPYC and Ryzen Processors: ─ EPYC Embedded processors deliver up to 2.7X more performance-per-dollar1 and Ryzen Embedded processors deliver up to 3X more GPU performance2 ─SANTA CLARA, Calif. 2/21/2018 kwERyyABKdY AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today introduced two new product families – the AMD EPYC™...
  10. New 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen Desktop Processor available on April 19, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    New 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen Desktop Processor available on April 19, 2018: 2nd generation AMD Ryzen processor lineup offers world's highest multithreaded performance desktop processors in its class; immediate pre-order availability from more than 150 retailers and boutique PC manufacturers SANTA CLARA, Calif. 4/13/2018 ​One year after the...