Windows 10: New and Improved Media Player, right?

Discus and support New and Improved Media Player, right? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I updated the Media Player through the Microsoft Store today. I guess MS decided everyone should listen to all their videos in French. Thanks, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lintekPC, Jun 9, 2023.

1. lintekPC Win User

New and Improved Media Player, right?

So I updated the Media Player through the Microsoft Store today. I guess MS decided everyone should listen to all their videos in French. Thanks, but I speak English. America is still a country last time I check guys. Can you provide instructions on how to enable English or do I need to take French classes?As noted from the screenshot. There's no indication what language corresponds to the Stereo value listed. Or how to set the default to the app in general.

:)

lintekPC, Jun 9, 2023
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Broken Windows Media Player

Hi,

Have you tried running the troubleshooter for WMP? If not, we suggest that you try to run the troubleshooter and
    see if it helps. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on
      Programs.

• Under
      Media
      Player, click on
      Windows Media Player Settings
      and
      Windows Media Player Library.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 9, 2023
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jun 9, 2023
  4. New and Improved Media Player, right?

Media Player Errors - Stops playing

Hi Donald,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if issue persists.

Method 1: Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter, please refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Reinstall Windows Media player

I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media Player and check. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows Key +X, select Programs and Features.

• Click on Turn Windows features ON or OFF on the left panel.

• Expand Media Features and uncheck the box against Windows Media Player.

• Click OK and restart if prompted. Follow the same procedure and check the box against Windows Media Player to reinstall.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

New and Improved Media Player, right?

1. New and Improved Media Player, right? - Similar Threads - Improved Media Player

2. Problems with new Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with new Media Player?: New Windows MediaI’ve just recently downloaded and installed the new version of the Media Player. Well, it’s got rid of some of the shortcomings of the old version, but transferring my collection of re-recorded music in MP3 files from the old version to the new has been a...
  3. Problems with new Media Player?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with new Media Player?: New Windows MediaI’ve just recently downloaded and installed the new version of the Media Player. Well, it’s got rid of some of the shortcomings of the old version, but transferring my collection of re-recorded music in MP3 files from the old version to the new has been a...
  4. New and Improved Media Player, right?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New and Improved Media Player, right?: So I updated the Media Player through the Microsoft Store today. I guess MS decided everyone should listen to all their videos in French. Thanks, but I speak English. America is still a country last time I check guys. Can you provide instructions on how to enable English or...
  5. New Media Player Peoblem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Media Player Peoblem: I've been trying to add all my music library folders, there are 3 folders.A thru IJ thru QR thru ZWhat it was doing after all 3 folders were added.Some of a music artists folder would be partially populated.While others would be completely populated with an artist music.Now...
  6. New Media Player Peoblem

New Media Player Peoblem: I've been trying to add all my music library folders, there are 3 folders.A thru IJ thru QR thru ZWhat it was doing after all 3 folders were added.Some of a music artists folder would be partially populated.While others would be completely populated with an artist music.Now...
  7. the new media player

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    the new media player: when Microsoft will release the new media player to windows 10?when i downloaded it from Microsoft store i saw it is for videos too but on my computer i can play only music and the app calls Groove Music.thx...
  8. the new media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the new media player: when Microsoft will release the new media player to windows 10?when i downloaded it from Microsoft store i saw it is for videos too but on my computer i can play only music and the app calls Groove Music.thx...
  9. the new media player

10. content usage rights & Win Media Player

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    content usage rights & Win Media Player: I can't play wma file on windows media player. I get this message: TRY PLAYING THIS WITH A DIFFERENT PLAYER. THIS APPLICATION DOESN'T HAVE CONTENT USAGE RIGHTS. This music is music that I own. I copied it off of my desktop onto a flash drive so I could do a clean wipe of...