Windows 10: New and interests. Search application suddenly easts all memory and load disk

Discus and support New and interests. Search application suddenly easts all memory and load disk in Cortana to solve the problem; It started to eat a lot of memory and load my SSDWindows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by WindowsUA, Sep 7, 2022.

1. WindowsUA Win User

New and interests. Search application suddenly easts all memory and load disk

It started to eat a lot of memory and load my SSDWindows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044

:)

WindowsUA, Sep 7, 2022
  2. SerhiyIA Win User

'System and compressed memory' on ASUS G75VY notebook load CPU always on 16%

thank you for your reply!

here what I did:

1. disabled non-microsoft services, disabled all applications in startup list

result: after restart "system and compressed memory" still gain 17% CPU

2. ran PC into safe mode ( just to see what happens )

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

3. ran PC in normal mode

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

as we can see from step 1, the problem probably is not in applications ?

what would you suggest in this case ?

looking forward for your answer

SerhiyIA, Sep 7, 2022
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 7, 2022
  4. New and interests. Search application suddenly easts all memory and load disk

Hide News and Interests in Windows 10

With the next release of Windows 10, Microsoft is testing News and Interests on the taskbar. With News and Interests, you get a quick glance of dynamic content throughout the day. This article discusses how to show or Hide News and Interests in the taskbar. As News and Interests is just a taskbar feature, you can either hide it or configure it to show the icon only.

New and interests. Search application suddenly easts all memory and load disk 0a43dc48-c907-484c-8806-0b4fd8f16148?upload=true.jpg

Disable News and Interests on Windows 10

To enable or Disable News and Interests in the taskbar, see the steps below:

1. Right-click the Taskbar on the desktop.
    2. Click News and Interests.
    3. Select Turn off from the list of options.
    4. If you want an icon only related to weather, select show Icon only.

New and interests. Search application suddenly easts all memory and load disk bba8d0b5-2fcb-4a94-aa45-3af7a0fab8f7?upload=true.png

These steps can help you disable News and Interests on the taskbar.

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Sep 7, 2022
Thema:

New and interests. Search application suddenly easts all memory and load disk

1. New and interests. Search application suddenly easts all memory and load disk - Similar Threads - interests Search application

2. New and interests on 99% Memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New and interests on 99% Memory usage: Hi I have problem with my memory usage, sometime the news and interests memory usage jump to 99% memory usage someone knows about ways to fix it? I have 32 GB ramtnx for helping...
  3. New and interests on 99% Memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New and interests on 99% Memory usage: Hi I have problem with my memory usage, sometime the news and interests memory usage jump to 99% memory usage someone knows about ways to fix it? I have 32 GB ramtnx for helping...
  4. New and interests on 99% Memory usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New and interests. Search application suddenly easts all memory and load disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New and interests. Search application suddenly easts all memory and load disk: It started to eat a lot of memory and load my SSDWindows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-and-interests-search-application-suddenly/8c7a02d9-b5cf-4e65-8d6c-945300e3e9dd
  6. New and interests. Search application suddenly easts all memory and load disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New and interests. Search application suddenly easts all memory and load disk: It started to eat a lot of memory and load my SSDWindows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-and-interests-search-application-suddenly/8c7a02d9-b5cf-4e65-8d6c-945300e3e9dd
  7. News and Interests not loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and Interests not loading: News and Interests not loading after forcing to add it by cmd -_-can someone help before i destroy another keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-not-loading/795362fb-21c4-4773-90b1-aa4b39d4d83f
  8. Some applications take a while to load all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some applications take a while to load all of a sudden: About a week or 2 ago, some applications have started to load slowly. They are not running slowly, after loading then they're perfectly fine. It's just at the start it seems they are just stuck loading. For example, I open the application, then it says loading, now normally...
  9. office all of a sudden will not load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    office all of a sudden will not load: All of a sudden my office will not load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-all-of-a-sudden-will-not-load/0a886d80-8f35-495d-9bc0-1a4d1ee21f6b
  10. Low memory all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Low memory all of a sudden: Hi. I know a lot when it comes to RAM, I know how to manage it, how to decrease the usage of it. However, when I was using chrome, I get a message warning me of too much ram used. I go to task manager, after closing chrome, to see this: [img] What the heck is that "system...