Windows 10: New and old GUI for the same functionality exist side-by-side in Win10

Discus and support New and old GUI for the same functionality exist side-by-side in Win10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am perplexed by the fact that the very familiar "Add new user" GUI and a new reduced functionality version seem to be existing side-by-side in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hannele2, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Hannele2 Win User

New and old GUI for the same functionality exist side-by-side in Win10

I am perplexed by the fact that the very familiar "Add new user" GUI and a new reduced functionality version seem to be existing side-by-side in Windows 10. Same with many other functions. Why? What is the purpose? Particularly since the old options both have more functionality and are easier to find. It's as if there are two separate GUIs - the new look white/grey and the older functionality that hasn't changed since XP or WIndows 7. Or is it just two different ways to access the same functionality - using different interfaces? What is the thinking and rationale for this at Microsoft?

:)

Hannele2, Jul 14, 2016

2. Side By Side Config Error side-by-side

Hi,

There are several reasons why your system would crush at a certain time, in this case some of the components of the game is corrupted or the drivers of your PC needs to be updated.
    To isolate the issue, here is a link on
    how to download and use the Apps Troubleshooter.

Don't forget to let us know how it turns out.

Jomari Arc, Jul 14, 2016
  3. Side By Side Config Error side-by-side

Thank you for your response. Here are 2 more methods to troubleshoot Config Error:

Method 1:

Here is a
    link
    on how to perform a clean boot in Windows.

Method 2:

Here is a
    link
    on how to make programs to be compatible on version of Windows.

Update us if the issue persists.

Jomari Arc, Jul 14, 2016
  4. pyramid10 Win User

Because the transition to the new GUI (Windows 8) was too abrupt and jarring for many users. Microsoft probably backed off and decided to ease the transition with Windows 10 and the inclusion of both new and old GUI. Windows 10 will phase out the old GUI.

pyramid10, Jul 15, 2016
  5. Hannele2 Win User
    Thanks! I prefer the old style because it's got more functionality and isn't as "dumbed down".
    Windows tends to just use new wallpaper in the same rooms, so to speak. Under the hood a lot of the stuff I learnt as a teche on NT4 back in 1998 is still there, under the hood. The structure is the same etc. I hope they leave it as long as possible.
    If they phase it out it'll be the nail in the coffin for me, together with the privacy concerns.

Hannele2, Jul 15, 2016
  6. Fafhrd Win User
    The dual nature is to accommodate both the traditional mouse pointer and keyboard method of desktop operation, with small areas of the screen available for drag and click operation, and the touchscreen of tablets and phone devices for tap, gesture, and swipe control.

Fafhrd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New and old GUI for the same functionality exist side-by-side in Win10 - Similar Threads - old GUI same

2. Side by SIde error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side by SIde error: Hi, I am getting side by side error while running any program on windows 10. error is "Application has failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect. Event log is showing below detailsActivation context generation failed for "System Default Context"....
  3. Side by SIde error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Side by SIde error: Hi, I am getting side by side error while running any program on windows 10. error is "Application has failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect. Event log is showing below detailsActivation context generation failed for "System Default Context"....
  4. side by side configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    side by side configuration: the application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/side-by-side-configuration/375110d8-05d1-4c69-8ecc-087f88676162
  5. Side by Side configuration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Side by Side configuration: Have a new computer running windows 10, been trying to install drivers for 3D spacemouse but get an error message saying "application failed to start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect" Everything I have read says to update the C++ but the update is not for...
  6. Side-by-side error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Side-by-side error: hey, out of nowhere im getting this side-by-side error in almost all applications. [ATTACH] I've tried pretty much every solution i could find regarding this error and nothing works. the only things i didn't try are installing the MS C++ redistributables the problem is i...
  7. side-by-side configuration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    side-by-side configuration: side-by-side config error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/side-by-side-configuration/ee553de1-1bfe-4987-ad58-c596b29795c4
  8. Side by side function

Side by side function: I want an excel and a word file to be side by side. When I use the side by side function I get vertical and about one eighth size. I have used this function in Windows 7 but I now have Windows 10 and it doesn't work....
  9. The function "Show windows side by side" is not working.

The function "Show windows side by side" is not working.: I purchased a new laptop from Dell. It has Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.267. The problem is very simple to understand. The solution, on the other hand, is another matter. The function "Show windows side by side" is not working. The functions is not placing them side by...
  10. Side X Side

in Windows 10 Support
    Side X Side: When I click on Show Windows side by side, It shows Windows stacked. When I click on show stacked, It shows stacked. 35459