Windows 10: New Android Remote Desktop app error 0x104 but old RDP 8 app works

Discus and support New Android Remote Desktop app error 0x104 but old RDP 8 app works in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, When using the new Android Microsoft Remote Desktop app v10, it comes up with error 0x104. see in screenshot below Using the old RDP 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by InterestReader, Jan 21, 2021.

1. New Android Remote Desktop app error 0x104 but old RDP 8 app works

Hi there,

When using the new Android Microsoft Remote Desktop app v10, it comes up with error 0x104. see in screenshot below

Using the old RDP 8 app, it works perfectly! I have made sure both settings are exactly the same and even transferred all the settings over! Clearly the computer name and ip address are correctly if it works for RDP 8 but not Remote Desktop current!

Thanks in advance!

New Android Remote Desktop app error 0x104 but old RDP 8 app works [​IMG]

:)

InterestReader, Jan 21, 2021
  2. farlex85 Win User

Remote app for android

I recently traded in my iphone for an android, and just realized that hippo remote is iphone only. I'm looking for a similar app for android so I can use it as a remote for my htpc. Any suggestions?

farlex85, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Remote desktop error 0x104

I have successfully connected my Android tablet to my desktop PC running Windows 10 using the remote desktop app. However it only seems to work when the tablet is physically next to the desktop, using the office Wi-Fi. When I take the tablet home and try
    to access the office PC remotely I get a dialogue box saying that it cannot be found and error 0x104.

Any advice?

Thanks.

SquashRinger1, Jan 21, 2021
  4. joerango Win User

New Android Remote Desktop app error 0x104 but old RDP 8 app works

Remote Desktop App not working

I am using the non-metro (old-style) Remote Desktop client to remotely access a VirtualBox VM (using the remote display option). This works perfectly fine. I am not able to use the new Remote Desktop Metro app to connect to the same machine.

I am running Windows 10 home on my client machine. To summarize: The server is perfectly fine and it works well with the old remote desktop client application. My problem is with the new Remote Desktop App. It stays on 'Initiating remote connection' then
    fails with the error 'Can't connect to remote PC'. I have tried both version of the metro app, the one that came with windows 10 and the new preview version. Both don't work.

What's wrong with the new metro style RDP client?

joerango, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

New Android Remote Desktop app error 0x104 but old RDP 8 app works

1. New Android Remote Desktop app error 0x104 but old RDP 8 app works - Similar Threads - Android Remote Desktop

2. RDP with The Native App - User Grayed Out (Remote Desktop)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RDP with The Native App - User Grayed Out (Remote Desktop): [ATTACH] I have some computers in my environment that when you try and use the Native RDP app that ships with windows 10 Pro the Username is greyed out and cannot be changed. This is causing authentication issues on my server that it is connecting too. I see a bunch of...
  3. New Microsoft Outlook app version for Android and iOS - Feb. 8

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Outlook app version for Android and iOS - Feb. 8: Outlook lets you bring all your email accounts and calendars in one convenient spot. Whether it's staying on top of your inbox or scheduling the next big thing, we make it easy to be your most productive, organized, and connected self. New Microsoft Outlook app 4.2103.0...
  4. Remote Desktop App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop App: Does Microsoft have a free remote access app? [Original Title: Apps] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-app/001b4ce3-56de-414c-849d-2268cf01dc1c
  5. Unable to connect Android phone to laptop using Remote Desktop App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to connect Android phone to laptop using Remote Desktop App: It is Note 10 phone that I am trying to connect to the computer. But I get 0x104 error (app cannot find computer). Please, any help is appreciated...
  6. New Microsoft OneDrive app version for Android - November 8

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft OneDrive app version for Android - November 8: Do more wherever you go with Microsoft OneDrive. Get to and share your documents, photos, and other files from your Android device, computer (PC or Mac), and any other devices you use. Use the Office mobile apps to stay productive and work together, no matter where you are....
  7. Remote desktop RDP error 0 x 4

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop RDP error 0 x 4: Come on Microsoft, fix this recurring issue. It appears to be related to either a windows 10 or Mac client update and prevents remote access until the client computer is manually restarted. Very hard to restart a remote desktop...... Thanks in advance...
  8. New Microsoft OneDrive app version 5.29.1 for Android - April 8

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft OneDrive app version 5.29.1 for Android - April 8: Do more wherever you go with Microsoft OneDrive. Get to and share your documents, photos, and other files from your Android device, computer (PC or Mac), and any other devices you use. Use the Office mobile apps to stay productive and work together, no matter where you are....
  9. New Microsoft Edge app 42.0.2.3367 version for Android - April 8

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Edge app 42.0.2.3367 version for Android - April 8: Microsoft Edge is the fast, safe web browser that gives you one continuous browsing experience from your Android phone to your Windows 10 device. Once you’ve linked your phone, your stuff will sync in the background, so you can browse wherever you like without skipping a...
  10. Remote Desktop App Not Updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop App Not Updating: I have a couple of computers on which the Remote Desktop App refuses to update. Most of them seem to be stuck on version 10.1.893.0 Current version is 10.1.970.0 Uninstalling or resetting the app installs version 6.3.9600 Just updated one machine with the Creators Update...