Windows 10: New App Updates Render Some Microsoft Apps Unusable

Discus and support New App Updates Render Some Microsoft Apps Unusable in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, After being updated and having their icons changed, I have not been able to use some of my Microsoft apps. This includes Photos, Your Phone, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TimothyAxel, Apr 14, 2020.

1. New App Updates Render Some Microsoft Apps Unusable

Hi,

After being updated and having their icons changed, I have not been able to use some of my Microsoft apps. This includes Photos, Your Phone, and Voice Recorder. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I have already run a scan on SFC, as well as DISM, though both have reported that nothing seems to be wrong/corrupt I think the problem's not coming from a Windows Update, but rather the applications itself.

Other apps such as Films & TV and Groove Music have not shown the same issue, and I have been able to use them for some time after their updates now.

It's become a kind of nuisance as I can no longer view my photos alternatives just won't do and the inability to record my voice for assignments is slightly bugging me.

:)

TimothyAxel, Apr 14, 2020

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Apr 14, 2020
  3. TechPowerUp Android App 2016

Yep, just realize theres no emoticons
    And i dunno its from the app or something, sometimes i need to refresh several times to show the content

One more please add app update notification from the app or button for reporting bugs or suggestion

One suggestion, may you put menu on dropdown on top corner so we can move without pressing back again and again

Thank you

micropage7, Apr 14, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

New App Updates Render Some Microsoft Apps Unusable

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

New App Updates Render Some Microsoft Apps Unusable

1. New App Updates Render Some Microsoft Apps Unusable - Similar Threads - App Updates Render

2. Recent update rendered my pc unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent update rendered my pc unusable: Pc was working fine last night until I restarted to install a new update. Update failed and pc rolled back to the prior version. Since then, on startup I'm either greeted by a black screen that I can move the cursor around in, but do nothing else, or after I've entered my...
  3. Recent update rendered my pc unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent update rendered my pc unusable: Pc was working fine last night until I restarted to install a new update. Update failed and pc rolled back to the prior version. Since then, on startup I'm either greeted by a black screen that I can move the cursor around in, but do nothing else, or after I've entered my...
  4. Recent update rendered my pc unusable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft Store updates some apps but not others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store updates some apps but not others: When I try to download updates through Microsoft Store, I get the "Something happened on our end" message for most of the apps but some update just fine with no problem. I looked in the SoftwareDistribution/Download folder and there are folders created but all are empty. The...
  6. Microsoft confirms new Windows 11 issue: some Apps may render Colors Incorrectly

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms new Windows 11 issue: some Apps may render Colors Incorrectly: Microsoft confirmed another known Windows 11 issue in December 2021 that affects the rendering of colors in certain applications on systems that run the operating system. [ATTACH] Windows 11 was released in October 2021 and the operating system is still in its rollout...
  7. Photos app colour rendering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app colour rendering: Hi,After opening a photo in the photo app the colour displays correctly for a second or two before changing. Photos look correct in other apps eg google photos.In photos app itself the colour displays correctly in slideshow view but not the standard view.Not sure why the...
  8. 2004 Update Renders PC unusable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2004 Update Renders PC unusable: Updated to Windows 10 version 2004 last night and now the PC is nearly unusable. It took more than 14 hours. When I'm able to run the Task Manager, I see that only 5% of CPU, 32% of RAM, and 2% of Disk SSD is being used. I have over 380 GB of disk space, so none of those...
  9. Last microsoft update on my laptop rendered it unusable for my job....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Last microsoft update on my laptop rendered it unusable for my job....: Hello, not sure if I even put his in the right category....but allot of you are smarter than me! What can I do to get my mic, my audio input to work again after the last "updates" which killed my ability to work online. Bad timing eh? I did go in and update the sound...
  10. Unenstalling unused Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unenstalling unused Apps: Hi, I am trying to clean up unused apps. Microsoft visual C has 9 apps on my lap top, do I need to keep them all? Many Thanks for any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unenstalling-unused-apps/e32a44a4-1f6d-4f39-8c1c-82016fbefbe4