Windows 10: New Apps appearing on Start Menu

Discus and support New Apps appearing on Start Menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The first thing i did after installing Win10 was setting my updates to notify for downloads and installation so that I could decide whether to download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by blackbirdabhi, Aug 15, 2015.

1. New Apps appearing on Start Menu

The first thing i did after installing Win10 was setting my updates to notify for downloads and installation so that I could decide whether to download updates or not. However I noticed that new apps like People, Phone Companion, Calculator appeared on the start menu after sometime. These apps were not there when i first installed Windows 10. Also after I first used my HP printer, The HP remote control app installed itself and was visible on the start screen. Is anyone else facing this issue of new apps appearing on the start menu even with automatic updates turned off?

:)

blackbirdabhi, Aug 15, 2015

2. Apps not appearing in Start Menu

Not all apps are automatically added to the Start Menu.

Open the Start Menu, click on All Apps at the bottom left hand corner.

Scroll down to find the apps you want on your Start Menu, right-click and choose "Add to Start Menu".

HTH

Gordon B-P, Aug 15, 2015
  3. JATPENG Win User
    Apps not appearing in Start Menu

That's the problem, when you scroll down in All Apps, while there may be a listing for All Apps, the actual App Short-cut is not in the "ALL APPS" list.

JATPENG, Aug 15, 2015
  4. New Apps appearing on Start Menu

Those were default windows 10 apps. Which automatically appears on every system. And you do have to check the store. it can install and update apps.

Shadow Delta, Aug 15, 2015
  5. Thanks! Btw is there any way around to change the default storage location for new metro apps?

blackbirdabhi, Aug 15, 2015
  6. There was, But now the option have been disable, Hopefully they will provide it back in an upcoming major/minor update.

Shadow Delta, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

New Apps appearing on Start Menu

1. New Apps appearing on Start Menu - Similar Threads - Apps appearing Start

2. App appears in Settings, but not in Start menu list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App appears in Settings, but not in Start menu list: I just reinstalled an app on my system. The app shows up in the Settings > Apps list, but not in the Start menu list. Why did this happen, and how do I fix it? Please note that I installed the app under another user; the last time I did that, the app showed up in Start; this...
  3. App appears in Settings, but not in Start menu list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App appears in Settings, but not in Start menu list: I just reinstalled an app on my system. The app shows up in the Settings > Apps list, but not in the Start menu list. Why did this happen, and how do I fix it? Please note that I installed the app under another user; the last time I did that, the app showed up in Start; this...
  4. App appears in Settings, but not in Start menu list

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. New Menu appears on Start Menu

New Menu appears on Start Menu: I have a problem on my computer. When I am opening the Start Menu to turn my computer off I have to click on the symbol for shutting down and then on "turn off". But if I am too slow with my mouse or clicking on the right part of the symbol a new useless menu opens up where...
  6. Strange appearance for start menu apps

Strange appearance for start menu apps: Ever since I set up my Surface Pro 4, the icons have looked strange both when pinned to Start and when I search the program from Start. There doesn't seem to be a performance issue, but the appearance has been deteriorating so that the icons now also look dark for some...
  7. start menu not appearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    start menu not appearing: so my problem is that windows start menu is completely invisible, it still functions i can open apps by typing the name of the application and it will run. i have tried: DISM scan which said to not reveal any corruptions , i have tried a similar scan in power-shell which...
  8. Start menu not appearing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu not appearing.: I changed out of Window S mode so that MS Office will work, but now Start menu will not appear when Start button is pushed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-not-appearing/9d72de98-ce1c-47da-af72-f50a54470740
  9. All Apps doesn't appears in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Apps doesn't appears in Start Menu: Hi, my name's Pedro and I'm using Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332. I have a laptop Lenovo Yoga 11s, Intel I5 3339Y, 8GB, Intel HD Graphics 4000 (last driver) and 128GB SSD card. In the last build (14328), after a good install and a normal work short period, the All...
  10. Office Apps Not Appearing in Start Menu Folder

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office Apps Not Appearing in Start Menu Folder: Hello, I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. My upgrade has been fairly buggy, but I am slowly working things out. One thing I can't seem to solve is my office apps are not showing up in the start menu folder. I had office 2010 before the upgrade, and that is when I...