Windows 10: New apps will save to error 0x8007005

Discus and support New apps will save to error 0x8007005 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! Basically I want to change where my apps will be saved which I want to be my D: Drive, I've tried so many different websites to figure it out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by C.K.W, Aug 14, 2020.

1. C.K.W Win User

New apps will save to error 0x8007005

Hello! Basically I want to change where my apps will be saved which I want to be my D: Drive, I've tried so many different websites to figure it out cause it has failed every time. I waited a couple of hours because it said to try again later. I have looked at other questions and It said name Windows.old. Which i have done please try to get back to me I really need some help! Thanks

:)

C.K.W, Aug 14, 2020

2. System Restore Error 0x8007005

Hello CASHFLOW1,

To resolve your concern with System Restore Error 0x8007005, I suggest that you
    boot your PC in safe mode first before performing the System Restore. Safe mode starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services to help troubleshoot issues. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Open Recovery.
    • Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.
    • After the PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • Under Startup Settings, hit Restart.
    • After the PC restarts, select 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.
    Note: If a problem doesn't reappear when you start your PC in safe mode, you can eliminate the default settings, basic device drivers and services as possible causes.

Furthermore, you may also consider disabling your Anti-virus software temporarily before performing the System Restore.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Antoneth Ber, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Error: "Settings out of date" and unable to save the password for the app on Windows 10

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 14, 2020
  4. New apps will save to error 0x8007005

Windows 10 update error 0x8007005

I can't get Windows 10 to download the new major update. At first I got error 0x80070020 which I solved by running the update as an administrator. Now I get error code 0x8007005. I have turned off the the anti virsus in Norton 360 supplied by Comcast.
    I ran the Windows 10 update troubleshooting tool. It fixed some errors that it found. I have tried to install using a clean boot. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated. As I am approaching age 70, very technical advise probably
    won't be useful.

PaulKellyco, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

New apps will save to error 0x8007005

1. New apps will save to error 0x8007005 - Similar Threads - apps save error

2. New Account with saved apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Account with saved apps?: I am planning on making a new Microsoft account and I want to keep all of my apps because I own a $120 game and I heard you cannot transfer anything so what can I do...
  3. New Account with saved apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Account with saved apps?: I am planning on making a new Microsoft account and I want to keep all of my apps because I own a $120 game and I heard you cannot transfer anything so what can I do...
  4. App Store error 0x80070057

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App Store error 0x80070057: I had to reinstall the MS flight simulator DVD version because I changed the HD Run the instalation. I was asked for a code. Insert it and got message saying that the code has already been redeemed. Of course, it´s a reinstall. In App Store I get a message saying error...
  5. Media creation tool error code 0x8007005 - 0xa001B

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media creation tool error code 0x8007005 - 0xa001B: I am trying to download new Windows 10 in my PC but when i download it it is giving me error code 0x8007005 - 0xa001B, please solve my problem!!...
  6. Error: 0x80070057 Default Save Location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error: 0x80070057 Default Save Location: Hello everyone! I have recently used CCleaner to clean up my system, but it seems that a bit too much was changed. I tried saving a snip using Snip & Sketch and I got the "something went wrong" error. I looked more into it and I realized that I cannot change the default...
  7. The Troubleshooting wizard can't continue. Error Code: 0x8007005

The Troubleshooting wizard can't continue. Error Code: 0x8007005: Trying to run Troubleshoot. This is the message I receive: Unexpected error. The Troubleshooting wizard can't continue. Details: Error Code: 0x8007005...
  8. What is error 0x8007005 - 0xB0003 and what to do.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is error 0x8007005 - 0xB0003 and what to do.: It keeps failing. What can i do to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-error-0x8007005-0xb0003-and-what-to-do/e16edb3e-3155-48b7-b0b0-248adbfb03fd
  9. We couldn't set you default save location. 0x8007005. Only for apps

We couldn't set you default save location. 0x8007005. Only for apps: I can change for every other thing like Maps,Documents bit when I try to change it for apps it shows error. It was earlier set to disk I want to change to....
  10. 0x8007005

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    0x8007005: cannot update windows 10 with update- kb4497934 I get error code 0x80070005 please help 4 Microsoft support could not fix *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x8007005/d60db0b8-0d22-4bfb-8e46-828162acd462
Tags: