Windows 10: New apps will save to: Greyed out

Discus and support New apps will save to: Greyed out in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some reason the option to save new apps to my 2nd drive is greyed out however I can save documents, music, pictures and videos there. Ive reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TylerV76, Jul 9, 2015.

1. TylerV76 Win User

New apps will save to: Greyed out

For some reason the option to save new apps to my 2nd drive is greyed out however I can save documents, music, pictures and videos there. Ive reset windows to a fresh install, reformatted the drive. Rebooted a ton of times and still nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

New apps will save to: Greyed out [​IMG]

:)

TylerV76, Jul 9, 2015

2. App save location, "save new apps to" greyed out

Hi,

I solved it by updating to the latest version of Windows10. Now I can change App-destination.

RobertHackel, Jul 9, 2015
  3. App save location, "save new apps to" greyed out

I am having the same Issue. I'm on Windows 10 Education and fully updated, verified, and on an administrator but still have the same greyed out "Save locations" button. Please help me change this.

LowellHagberg, Jul 9, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

It's been that way for a few builds...

Mystere, Jul 9, 2015
  5. It worked in builds 10130 and 10147 but after that, through build 10166 it is not been working.

Are they dropping this feature? If so, to bad as it is one of a few reasons I would even bother with Windows 10.

hackintoss, Jul 10, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    Probably applies to phones only:

New apps will save to: Greyed out [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 10, 2015
  7. What about tablets? That's where it is needed!

hackintoss, Jul 11, 2015
  8. New apps will save to: Greyed out

It appears this feature has been dropped as it is still not working in ver 10240 which is supposed to be close to final release.

If this is going to stay I will pass on Windows 10. Only wanted it on my Windows tablet anyway.
    For the rest of Windows 10 I see no reason to leave my trusted OS ( MAC OSX & Windows 7)

hackintoss, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New apps will save to: Greyed out - Similar Threads - apps save Greyed

2. Delault apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delault apps greyed out: Hello. I recently installed windows 11 back onto my laptop. The odd thing is when I go to select default apps, it's greyed out. Any idea why? thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delault-apps-greyed-out/5fb9ebc0-8f19-420e-b8b9-590ddb7d1d06
  3. Background Apps Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Apps Greyed Out: Whenever I click outside of a window, the screen is greyed out so only the window I am currently in is clearly visible. It makes it super hard to use the multitasking function and even after speaking with Microsoft customer service for over an hour I still haven't figured out...
  4. Background Apps Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background Apps Greyed Out: Whenever I click outside of a window, the screen is greyed out so only the window I am currently in is clearly visible. It makes it super hard to use the multitasking function and even after speaking with Microsoft customer service for over an hour I still haven't figured out...
  5. apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b
  6. apps greyed out

apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b
  7. Save greyed out on pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Save greyed out on pictures: I save a lot of pictures from Twitter. I download them and then edit them before they go on my Pinterest page. I've been doing it for years. Today, when I edit the pictures the "save" is greyed out and only "save as" is available. If I drag the picture to my desktop it...
  8. Move installed apps & New apps will save to settings greyed out in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Move installed apps & New apps will save to settings greyed out in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When you have a lot of apps installed on your PC, try moving some […] This article Move installed apps & New apps will save to settings greyed out in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Storage\New apps will be saved to - greyed out

Storage\New apps will be saved to - greyed out: Finally got Store(Beta) working on version 10158. However when I try to move the apps to other partition the menu is greyed out. 7642
  10. Is there a workaround for the greyed out save apps to SD yet?

Is there a workaround for the greyed out save apps to SD yet?: Hello everyone, I have a teclast x98 air II recently updated to windows 10. I have limited space and bought a 64gig micro sd thinking that windows could install apps directly on to it. Apparently this feature is disabled and postponed. Is there a workaround or any other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new apps will save to greyed out

2. windows 10 apps will save to greyed out

3. windows 10 save apps to greyed out

4. windows 10 new apps will save to greyed out,
  5. win 10 apps save to option greyed out,
  6. new apps will save to is greyed out,
  7. standard-apps-store-app-all-greyed-out