Windows 10: New apps will save to: Greyed out

Discus and support New apps will save to: Greyed out in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some reason the option to save new apps to my 2nd drive is greyed out however I can save documents, music, pictures and videos there. Ive reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TylerV76, Jul 9, 2015.

1. TylerV76 Win User

New apps will save to: Greyed out

For some reason the option to save new apps to my 2nd drive is greyed out however I can save documents, music, pictures and videos there. Ive reset windows to a fresh install, reformatted the drive. Rebooted a ton of times and still nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

New apps will save to: Greyed out [​IMG]

:)

TylerV76, Jul 9, 2015

2. App save location, "save new apps to" greyed out

Hi,

I solved it by updating to the latest version of Windows10. Now I can change App-destination.

RobertHackel, Jul 9, 2015
  3. App save location, "save new apps to" greyed out

I am having the same Issue. I'm on Windows 10 Education and fully updated, verified, and on an administrator but still have the same greyed out "Save locations" button. Please help me change this.

LowellHagberg, Jul 9, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

It's been that way for a few builds...

Mystere, Jul 9, 2015
  5. It worked in builds 10130 and 10147 but after that, through build 10166 it is not been working.

Are they dropping this feature? If so, to bad as it is one of a few reasons I would even bother with Windows 10.

hackintoss, Jul 10, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    Probably applies to phones only:

New apps will save to: Greyed out [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 10, 2015
  7. What about tablets? That's where it is needed!

hackintoss, Jul 11, 2015
  8. New apps will save to: Greyed out

It appears this feature has been dropped as it is still not working in ver 10240 which is supposed to be close to final release.

If this is going to stay I will pass on Windows 10. Only wanted it on my Windows tablet anyway.
    For the rest of Windows 10 I see no reason to leave my trusted OS ( MAC OSX & Windows 7)

hackintoss, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New apps will save to: Greyed out - Similar Threads - apps save Greyed

2. ALL MICROSOFT APPS GREYED OUT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ALL MICROSOFT APPS GREYED OUT: ALL OF MY MICROSOFT APPS GREYED OUT WITH A EXCALAMATION SIGN.. I UPDATED MY WINDOWS BUT NOTHING CHANGED WHAT SHOULD I DO ? PLEASE HELP MICROSOFT... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-microsoft-apps-greyed-out/15f24896-9100-4fab-ab18-7241e05d7193
  3. "move" is greyed out for Netflix app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "move" is greyed out for Netflix app: I'm asking this again. I see a thread from over a year ago with the same question but the windows 10 user said the solutions offered didn't work and the thread was locked. Is this what passes for help these days? No answer and just lock the thread? So I'm asking it again....
  4. The "move" button in apps and features is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The "move" button in apps and features is greyed out.: I'm trying to move the Windows app Netflix to my second hard drive because the app doesn't have a download location drop down. How do I do it, and why is it grayed out? (Same deal with modification)...
  5. Purchased Minecraft App is greyed out

Purchased Minecraft App is greyed out: I purchased Minecraft last year and I recently attempted to install it on my PC. On the Minecraft page, the box shows free, but its greyed out. It's been like this for several months now. WSRESET.exe doesn't work and the powershell execution policy trick doesn't work...
  6. Storage\New apps will be saved to - greyed out

Storage\New apps will be saved to - greyed out: Finally got Store(Beta) working on version 10158. However when I try to move the apps to other partition the menu is greyed out. 7642
  7. Store app greyed out, doesn't start

Store app greyed out, doesn't start: Hey guys, I've a problem and need some help . [img] I was using store and updating both Store and Share.it apps, the update seems to be stuck for some time it was taking long time than usual. Then suddenly store app was closed and don't open any more !! (in the...
  8. Is there a workaround for the greyed out save apps to SD yet?

Is there a workaround for the greyed out save apps to SD yet?: Hello everyone, I have a teclast x98 air II recently updated to windows 10. I have limited space and bought a 64gig micro sd thinking that windows could install apps directly on to it. Apparently this feature is disabled and postponed. Is there a workaround or any other...
  9. Standard apps + Store app are all greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Standard apps + Store app are all greyed out: Seems like the apps are stuck in "update" mode and they just pop up a few milliseconds and then close when clicked. [img] Have tried running this code in Powershell as admin (found it here): Code: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...
  10. show app notification greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    show app notification greyed out: Why is my show app notification greyed out? I see that my organization is "workgroup". This is my personal computer! 25822

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new apps will save to greyed out

2. windows 10 apps will save to greyed out

3. windows 10 save apps to greyed out

4. windows 10 new apps will save to greyed out,
  5. win 10 apps save to option greyed out,
  6. new apps will save to is greyed out,
  7. standard-apps-store-app-all-greyed-out