Windows 10: New Asus running slow

Discus and support New Asus running slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have just bought an ASUS (I had a Macbook before this). Processor: i7 2.8GHz RAM 16GB Windows 10 However, it's too slow when it starts, opens an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FP_151, Oct 1, 2018.

1. FP_151 Win User

New Asus running slow

I have just bought an ASUS (I had a Macbook before this).

Processor: i7 2.8GHz

RAM 16GB

Windows 10

However, it's too slow when it starts, opens an app, or run some software.

It's supposed to be a fast PC to run intensive analyses.

What's going on? How do I improve its speed?

Thanks in advance

:)

FP_151, Oct 1, 2018

2. Windows 10 on Asus Slow

Hi Danny,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system as it is slow after upgrading to Windows 10. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • When exactly does the system slow performance issue persists?
    • Does the issue confined while performing any specific task on Windows 10?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows Updates and driver updates after upgrading to Windows 10?

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check it if helps.

Step 1: Run the System maintenance troubleshooter.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and hit Enter.
    • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
    • Select System Maintenance.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 1, 2018
  3. windows 10 running slow

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to run System maintenance troubleshooter.

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Select "System maintenance"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Oct 1, 2018
  4. New Asus running slow

WHY IS WINDOWS 10 RUNNING SO SLOW?

Hi Sven,

Thanks for showing interest on Windows 10.

I would suggest you to Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

New Asus running slow

1. New Asus running slow - Similar Threads - Asus running slow

2. Windows 11pro is running slow on new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11pro is running slow on new laptop: My new laptop is running slow!I bought an ASUS Vivobook 14 two months ago with an i5-1335U processor and 16GB of RAM. I installed Windows 11 Pro on it, but it feels constantly sluggish.Whenever I check Task Manager, it shows my CPU and memory usage hitting 80% or more. Even...
  3. Windows 11pro is running slow on new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11pro is running slow on new laptop: My new laptop is running slow!I bought an ASUS Vivobook 14 two months ago with an i5-1335U processor and 16GB of RAM. I installed Windows 11 Pro on it, but it feels constantly sluggish.Whenever I check Task Manager, it shows my CPU and memory usage hitting 80% or more. Even...
  4. New computer ASUS vivi book Windows 11 slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer ASUS vivi book Windows 11 slow: Have a new computer which came with Windows 11 pre installed. All was well for a few weeks and I was very happy both with computer and Windows 11. However everthing has slowed right down to the point that it is almost unusable. Any ideas? Is this as I suspect a Windows 11...
  5. New computer ASUS vivi book Windows 11 slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New computer ASUS vivi book Windows 11 slow: Have a new computer which came with Windows 11 pre installed. All was well for a few weeks and I was very happy both with computer and Windows 11. However everthing has slowed right down to the point that it is almost unusable. Any ideas? Is this as I suspect a Windows 11...
  6. Brand New Computer Running Slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brand New Computer Running Slow: I just recently bought a new desktop but after a few days my computer started lagging. My computer won't restart or shut down unless I force shut down the computer by holding the power button till computer is completely off. If I try shutting down through the software it just...
  7. RUNNING SLOW

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RUNNING SLOW: WHAT IS SUPERFETCH? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-slow/12ca2177-d2bb-49b3-a3d0-4f786f03435a
  8. Painfully Slow ASUS Notebook 550C running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Painfully Slow ASUS Notebook 550C running Windows 10: Hi I am trying to speed up a ASUS 550C notebook running Windows 10. Upgraded Windows 8 to Windows 10 when the initial Windows 10 update was promoted. THis notebook is really slow Here are the SPECS: INteli5-3337U @1.80GHZ 1.80GHz 6GB Ram 64 Bit X64 processor 550GB SSD...
  9. Slow running windows on a new computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow running windows on a new computer?: Yeah, I am just really frustrated... I broke my laptop and they gave me a new one at best buy. I get home open it up and set it up and oh wow that lag is horrific. This is a 2018 model with 16GB of ram and something is not right. Windows 10 is fully updated to the lastest...
  10. Brand New Laptop Is Running Really Slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brand New Laptop Is Running Really Slow: I just brought a brand new HP Pavillion 360 and it came with windows 10 already installed. Everytime I do anything whether it's starting up or opening a programme it takes a really long time and I can't figure out why I've googled it and found most people say it's because of...