Windows 10: New "Automatic" Touch Keyboard: How to Use the Old Style

Discus and support New "Automatic" Touch Keyboard: How to Use the Old Style in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm going at this pain in the *** again, this time with a different question since I've investigated further. The touch keyboard (the one that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PJLLB, Oct 25, 2017.

1. PJLLB Win User

New "Automatic" Touch Keyboard: How to Use the Old Style

I'm going at this pain in the *** again, this time with a different question since I've investigated further.

The touch keyboard (the one that automatically displays when not in tablet mode and there's no keyboard attached) was changed with the Fall Creators Edition update. The "new" one now displays in a much larger area -- it takes up nearly half of the screen when the "full" keyboard is selected, both when the keyboard is locked to the bottom of the screen or when it can be moved to another position. The various new layout options are terrible, big and clunky!

(I'm not referring to the "On-Screen Keyboard" that can me turned on in the Settings>>Ease of Use>>Keyboard settings. That keyboard can be resized but it cannot be set to appear automatically when needing to touch type. It can only be turned on or off.)

The "old" touch keyboard apparently is still available somewhere in Windows 10 as it is the actual keyboard that appears when signing into Windows. Does anyone know how get the "old" touch keyboard (or the one selectable in the Ease of Use settings)to be used as the default instead of the "new" one?

Oh and the "new" touch keyboard is flakey. Keys remain highlighted after touching, the keyboard doesn't close automatically, etc. Microsoft really messed this up.

:)

PJLLB, Oct 25, 2017
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Oct 25, 2017
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Oct 25, 2017
Thema:

New "Automatic" Touch Keyboard: How to Use the Old Style

1. New "Automatic" Touch Keyboard: How to Use the Old Style - Similar Threads - Automatic Touch Keyboard

2. Laptop touch screen and touch keyboard use statistics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop touch screen and touch keyboard use statistics: We would like to collect stats on how often a laptops touch screen is used and when the windows touch keyboard is activated. Is this information logged and how can we retrieve this? or how can we log this information?We hope to use this data to determine if we should continue...
  3. Touch Keyboard NOT On screen Keyboard pops up automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Keyboard NOT On screen Keyboard pops up automatically: Hi all!I have a first gen Microsoft Surface Go, and by now this thing is definitely showing its age. Loading up the keyboard is not very quick.Whenever I use Discord on my Surface, every time I swap to a different channel, the keyboard automatically pops up when I'm in tablet...
  4. Touch Keyboard NOT On screen Keyboard pops up automatically

Touch Keyboard NOT On screen Keyboard pops up automatically: Hi all!I have a first gen Microsoft Surface Go, and by now this thing is definitely showing its age. Loading up the keyboard is not very quick.Whenever I use Discord on my Surface, every time I swap to a different channel, the keyboard automatically pops up when I'm in tablet...
  5. How to automatically show touch keyboard even if there's a keyboard input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to automatically show touch keyboard even if there's a keyboard input: We are developing a web application that runs on Windows 10 Mozilla Firefox browser that uses a QR Code Scanner and a Thermal printer. I want to bypass the highlighted settings below "show touch keyboard when there's no keyboard attached". Windows detecting our QR Code...
  6. How to automatically show touch keyboard even if there's a keyboard input

How to automatically show touch keyboard even if there's a keyboard input: We are developing a web application that runs on Windows 10 Mozilla Firefox browser that uses a QR Code Scanner and a Thermal printer. I want to bypass the highlighted settings below "show touch keyboard when there's no keyboard attached". Windows detecting our QR Code...
  7. Touch Keyboard doesn't appear automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Keyboard doesn't appear automatically: Hello,I'm currently having a problem on a PC with a touch screen.When I click on a text field, the touch keyboard does not appear automatically whether in desktop mode or in tablet modeI have already enabled the setting "Enable touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and no...
  8. Touch Keyboard doesn't appear automatically

Touch Keyboard doesn't appear automatically: Hello,I'm currently having a problem on a PC with a touch screen.When I click on a text field, the touch keyboard does not appear automatically whether in desktop mode or in tablet modeI have already enabled the setting "Enable touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and no...
  9. How to switch desktop back to old style?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to switch desktop back to old style?: This is the new style that updated. [IMG] This is the style I want to go back to. [ATTACH] How do I change this back?!? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-desktop-back-to-old-style/3a960079-6872-4619-94c9-3f2a3bf2f8c4
  10. OLd style desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    OLd style desktop: Since last update, my old desktop with icons has disappeared leaving only the new multicoloured desktop. When restart computer, the old icons make a brief appearance and then the screen darkens and goes onto new desktop. Have tried going through themes and settings but has...