Windows 10: New "Automatic" Touch Keyboard: How to Use the Old Style

Discus and support New "Automatic" Touch Keyboard: How to Use the Old Style in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm going at this pain in the *** again, this time with a different question since I've investigated further. The touch keyboard (the one that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PJLLB, Oct 25, 2017.

1. PJLLB Win User

New "Automatic" Touch Keyboard: How to Use the Old Style

I'm going at this pain in the *** again, this time with a different question since I've investigated further.

The touch keyboard (the one that automatically displays when not in tablet mode and there's no keyboard attached) was changed with the Fall Creators Edition update. The "new" one now displays in a much larger area -- it takes up nearly half of the screen when the "full" keyboard is selected, both when the keyboard is locked to the bottom of the screen or when it can be moved to another position. The various new layout options are terrible, big and clunky!

(I'm not referring to the "On-Screen Keyboard" that can me turned on in the Settings>>Ease of Use>>Keyboard settings. That keyboard can be resized but it cannot be set to appear automatically when needing to touch type. It can only be turned on or off.)

The "old" touch keyboard apparently is still available somewhere in Windows 10 as it is the actual keyboard that appears when signing into Windows. Does anyone know how get the "old" touch keyboard (or the one selectable in the Ease of Use settings)to be used as the default instead of the "new" one?

Oh and the "new" touch keyboard is flakey. Keys remain highlighted after touching, the keyboard doesn't close automatically, etc. Microsoft really messed this up.

:)

PJLLB, Oct 25, 2017
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Oct 25, 2017
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Oct 25, 2017
Thema:

New "Automatic" Touch Keyboard: How to Use the Old Style

1. New "Automatic" Touch Keyboard: How to Use the Old Style - Similar Threads - Automatic Touch Keyboard

2. touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch keyboard: how to show touch keyboard shortcut on taskbar using keyboard shortcuts.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard/43d605ad-3741-4125-b795-8c710d432e3b
  3. How to activate Touch Keyboard by a shortcut?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to activate Touch Keyboard by a shortcut?: I'm trying to make a button on my lenovo pen activate the touch keyboard (NOT the on-screen keyboard). I know tabtip.exe is the program in question, but running it does nothing. I've tried modifying it in regedit, but that does nothing. I found some small programs that claim...
  4. Touch keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch keyboard: The touch keyboard on the taskbar has stopped working. What could be the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard/829ab1b7-52c5-4a19-92ef-07eb13c6f4c7
  5. touch keyboard

touch keyboard: touch keyboard stopped working after updates installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard/92b22e3d-aa9e-4aeb-a4d5-19cfbfd90d27
  6. automatic change of font style

automatic change of font style: In my existing doc created in Word 10 (Office 365) the font style is automatically changing. The example I created a doc about a month back and now I want to do editing. Whenever I am typing, the font style is changing. The existing doc is in Arial 12 font. Now it is...
  7. OLd style desktop

OLd style desktop: Since last update, my old desktop with icons has disappeared leaving only the new multicoloured desktop. When restart computer, the old icons make a brief appearance and then the screen darkens and goes onto new desktop. Have tried going through themes and settings but has...
  8. touch keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touch keyboard: on my dell inspiron 13 5000series, I folded the screen back to activate tablit mode and pressed the touck keyboard icon and a blanc white space appeared on my screen where the keyboard shpuld appear. this disabled rhe icons at the bottom until I converted into laptop mode.i...
  9. touch keyboard

touch keyboard: Whenever I click my touch keyboard only a plain white box appears they keys do not appear. How do I make it appear again?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/touch-keyboard/fe4a6d3e-e8a6-43a6-a425-812fafc3e8c7
  10. No touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    No touch keyboard: I have a windows tablet which I perhaps unwisely upgraded from Win7 to Win10. Actually Win10 is working just fine except for one problem. The touch keyboard which was in my Win7 system tray is no longer available. Win10 has an icon in the system tray which looks nearly...