Windows 10: New "Azure" user that wiped all my programs!?

Discus and support New "Azure" user that wiped all my programs!? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi! Recently while I was working on my laptop it just froze and I shut it down using the power button. After the reboot two options appeared on my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by maicanvlad7, Oct 18, 2018.

1. New "Azure" user that wiped all my programs!?

Hi!
    Recently while I was working on my laptop it just froze and I shut it down using the power button.
    After the reboot two options appeared on my screen:
    1)Join Azure Active Directory
    2)Join a local Active Directory domain
    I chose the second one and now it looks like a fresh windows install, with all my apps and programs gone. It even asks me to login using my Microsoft pass instead of the PIN I was using before. What can I do to restore it? Thanks in advance!*Smile

:)

maicanvlad7, Oct 18, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft Bounty Programs Expansion – Azure and Project Spartan

Source: Microsoft Bounty Programs Expansion – Azure and Project Spartan - Microsoft Security Response Center - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Brink, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Dino-M Win User
    Disconnecting on prem AD and then joining Azure AD creates new Windows profile?

Hello everyone,

I have a question about joining computers in my firm from on prem AD to Azure AD. When someone new arrives at our firm (new employee), there is a fresh installation of Windows 10. It is easy to join Azure AD
    because it is a fresh start, but now we have to migrate all Windows 10 users that are on prem AD to Azure AD. When I disconnect those users from our local on prem AD and join them to Azure AD, whole new Windows 10 profile is created, without any of settings,
    data or anything else on that profile (clean profile with few applications that are installed computer-wide). So my question is, is there any solution to keep their profile settings from before they joined Azure AD? Or I will have to simply tell them to backup
    everything (essential data).

What I tried so far:

• Tried tools for migration like ForensiT (User Profile Wizard, User Profile Manager and Transwiz, just to see if it is going to work) - not successful
    • Tried changing profile path from registry - not successful
    • Tried log in with the old credentials example: CONTOSO\user (because after I joined that computer to Azure AD user should log in as *** Email address is removed for privacy ***) - not successful
    Is there anything else I can try? Thanks for your answers.

Dino-M, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

New "Azure" user that wiped all my programs!?

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

New "Azure" user that wiped all my programs!?

1. New "Azure" user that wiped all my programs!? - Similar Threads - Azure user wiped

2. wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wiped all my files: After the restart I noticed that all my files was gone, I tried restarting restarting several times because I thought it's just lagging or it will as move somewhere. Need help, cant find my files....
  3. wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wiped all my files: After the restart I noticed that all my files was gone, I tried restarting restarting several times because I thought it's just lagging or it will as move somewhere. Need help, cant find my files....
  4. wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. computer wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer wiped all my files: Hi,I'm here to ask a serious problem. I got a computer which is 4 years old now, its a bit laggy but still performing well. Earlier I'm using it to do my homework but it hang up, so I restarted it. After the restart I noticed that all my files was gone, I tried restarting...
  6. computer wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer wiped all my files: Hi,I'm here to ask a serious problem. I got a computer which is 4 years old now, its a bit laggy but still performing well. Earlier I'm using it to do my homework but it hang up, so I restarted it. After the restart I noticed that all my files was gone, I tried restarting...
  7. computer wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Disable programs installing for all users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable programs installing for all users: Somehow I can't find an answer on this on google. How do you disable a program like Steam for example installing when you create a new user? submitted by /u/ARandomNameIGuess2 [link] [comments]...
  9. Local -> Azure -> Azure user not showing up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local -> Azure -> Azure user not showing up: We have a laptop here that has a local account Through adding on Access Work/School I was able to connect it to our azure. It then told me that when I'm "ready" I can switch accounts. However there is no other user to switch to. When looking at the list of Users, Your...
  10. New "Azure" user that wiped all my programs!?

in Windows 10 Support
    New "Azure" user that wiped all my programs!?: Hi! Recently while I was working on my laptop it just froze and I shut it down using the power button. After the reboot two options appeared on my screen: 1)Join Azure Active Directory 2)Join a local Active Directory domain I chose the second one and now it looks like a...