Windows 10: New "Azure" user that wiped all my programs!?

Discus and support New "Azure" user that wiped all my programs!? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi! Recently while I was working on my laptop it just froze and I shut it down using the power button. After the reboot two options appeared on my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by maicanvlad7, Oct 18, 2018.

1. New "Azure" user that wiped all my programs!?

Hi!
    Recently while I was working on my laptop it just froze and I shut it down using the power button.
    After the reboot two options appeared on my screen:
    1)Join Azure Active Directory
    2)Join a local Active Directory domain
    I chose the second one and now it looks like a fresh windows install, with all my apps and programs gone. It even asks me to login using my Microsoft pass instead of the PIN I was using before. What can I do to restore it? Thanks in advance!*Smile

:)

maicanvlad7, Oct 18, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft Bounty Programs Expansion – Azure and Project Spartan

Source: Microsoft Bounty Programs Expansion – Azure and Project Spartan - Microsoft Security Response Center - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Brink, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Dino-M Win User
    Disconnecting on prem AD and then joining Azure AD creates new Windows profile?

Hello everyone,

I have a question about joining computers in my firm from on prem AD to Azure AD. When someone new arrives at our firm (new employee), there is a fresh installation of Windows 10. It is easy to join Azure AD
    because it is a fresh start, but now we have to migrate all Windows 10 users that are on prem AD to Azure AD. When I disconnect those users from our local on prem AD and join them to Azure AD, whole new Windows 10 profile is created, without any of settings,
    data or anything else on that profile (clean profile with few applications that are installed computer-wide). So my question is, is there any solution to keep their profile settings from before they joined Azure AD? Or I will have to simply tell them to backup
    everything (essential data).

What I tried so far:

• Tried tools for migration like ForensiT (User Profile Wizard, User Profile Manager and Transwiz, just to see if it is going to work) - not successful
    • Tried changing profile path from registry - not successful
    • Tried log in with the old credentials example: CONTOSO\user (because after I joined that computer to Azure AD user should log in as *** Email address is removed for privacy ***) - not successful
    Is there anything else I can try? Thanks for your answers.

Dino-M, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

New "Azure" user that wiped all my programs!?

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

New "Azure" user that wiped all my programs!?

1. New "Azure" user that wiped all my programs!? - Similar Threads - Azure user wiped

2. when updating windows 10 its wipe all my programmes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when updating windows 10 its wipe all my programmes: when I updaed windows 10 it wiped out all of my programmes that were on the computer. including Microsoft Office for student and home 2013 how do I get them back....
  3. March 2019 Windows update wiped my entire user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    March 2019 Windows update wiped my entire user account: I am experiencing a problem with my Surface Pro, and I think it had something to do with the latest windows update. Previously I experienced some minor errors which I see were common among other users with those updates. But last night I installed the latest update and has...
  4. Windows update wiped out all of my settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update wiped out all of my settings.: I've seen a few posts here about the same thing happening to others. Windows did an automatic update even after I have turned them off and it basically restored back to factory settings. The first time it happened on Saturday February 23 2019 between 9-11 PM and I had to...
  5. Your update has wiped or deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your update has wiped or deleted all my files: A forced update on my PC yesterday e.g. it started updating without me being home let alone anywhere near my PC, has wiped all of my files including my new novel. I have no back up, I chose not to put my IP into the cloud but on my home PC. I did not agree to the update. How...
  6. New "Azure" user that wiped all my programs!?

in Windows 10 Support
    New "Azure" user that wiped all my programs!?: Hi! Recently while I was working on my laptop it just froze and I shut it down using the power button. After the reboot two options appeared on my screen: 1)Join Azure Active Directory 2)Join a local Active Directory domain I chose the second one and now it looks like a...
  7. ProtonVPN Beta Program now available to all users

in Windows 10 News
    ProtonVPN Beta Program now available to all users: [ATTACH] The ProtonVPN Beta Program gives you early access to new VPN features and updates that our team is working on. All users can enable the Beta Program for our Windows, macOS, or Android VPN app. As a community supported VPN service, we are here to serve you and we...
  8. Access to all my programs without administrative user's permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Access to all my programs without administrative user's permission: I want to have full access for my laptop because whenever I try to install or make changes it pops out an error message that it requires administrator permission, I tried all the steps that you posted but no luck. 44829
  9. Downloads Folder Holding All My New Program Downloads?

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloads Folder Holding All My New Program Downloads?: The "Downloads" folder for W10 is a little strange. I've ran W7 for years and new programs never went to the Downloads folder. W7 offers the choice of Save or Run and I always just selected Run, but Edge says Save or Save As, and you don't get the Run option till the next...
  10. Microsoft Bounty Programs Expansion – Azure and Project Spartan

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Bounty Programs Expansion – Azure and Project Spartan: I am excited to announce significant expansions to the Microsoft Bounty Programs. We are evolving the 'Online Services Bug Bounty, launching a new bounty for Project Spartan, and updating the Mitigation Bypass Bounty. This continued evolution includes additions to the...