Windows 10: New Backup and Restore Scheme Win 10

Discus and support New Backup and Restore Scheme Win 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Background. New to Windows 10 with a new laptop. The HP laptop came with a 256GB SSD (M2 Seagate) and I added a 500GB HDD (WD) for Data (D:) (moving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Hikertrash, Nov 21, 2019.

1. New Backup and Restore Scheme Win 10

Background.

New to Windows 10 with a new laptop. The HP laptop came with a 256GB SSD (M2 Seagate) and I added a 500GB HDD (WD) for Data (DNew Backup and Restore Scheme Win 10 :) (moving the default folders).

I also have an 750GB HDD (WD) which will be used as an external drive for backup. I'll most like have two partitions 250GB and 500GB matching the drives on the laptop.

I understand Windows 10 has two software options for backup including Backup and Restore and File History. I can also use a third option, Acronis True Image WD edition.

My thoughts are to backup the (CNew Backup and Restore Scheme Win 10 :) drive SSD to the 256GB partition of the external HDD using Acronis TI WD and the (DNew Backup and Restore Scheme Win 10 :) drive to the 500GB partition using one of the three software solutions.

Any other options, thoughts?

:)

Hikertrash, Nov 21, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

New Backup and Restore Scheme Win 10 [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Nov 21, 2019
  3. glassrat1 Win User
    backup and restore

sorry abought getting back to you. I have a backup setup every Sunday at 11pm. last successful backup was in January, error ( backup volume inaccessible ) error code ( 0x807800c5 ) the laptop new with win 8, upgraded to 8.1 then 10

glassrat1, Nov 21, 2019
  4. New Backup and Restore Scheme Win 10

installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

New Backup and Restore Scheme Win 10

1. New Backup and Restore Scheme Win 10 - Similar Threads - Backup Restore Scheme

2. Backup and Restore - Win 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore - Win 7: I tried using the Win 7 Backup and restore. Below is a screen print of my settings. After a backup and deleting programs etc, I did a restore but my programs were not restored. My data files were restored.Can you suggest what I might have done wrong that the programs were not...
  3. Backup and Restore - Win 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup and Restore - Win 7: I tried using the Win 7 Backup and restore. Below is a screen print of my settings. After a backup and deleting programs etc, I did a restore but my programs were not restored. My data files were restored.Can you suggest what I might have done wrong that the programs were not...
  4. Restoring windows backup in a new array

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring windows backup in a new array: Hi,I am responsible for operating windows server 2016. The server has 3 hard drives, and the controller is on RAID 0 mode. I want to change the array to RAID 1. Can I backup the server to an external drive, change the array to RAID 0, and restore the backup using the CD...
  5. Restoring windows backup in a new array

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring windows backup in a new array: Hi,I am responsible for operating windows server 2016. The server has 3 hard drives, and the controller is on RAID 0 mode. I want to change the array to RAID 1. Can I backup the server to an external drive, change the array to RAID 0, and restore the backup using the CD...
  6. BAckup and restore for new User

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BAckup and restore for new User: Hi All Used to be windows user in the xp days and then went to mac. Now Mac's are becoming way too expensive and Windows 10 seems to be a more stable product, I am looking to move back. With Mac I can do a Time Machine backup and just restore all my programs, settings etc...
  7. Classic backup and restore on Win 10

Classic backup and restore on Win 10: I backed up my Win10 computer using classic Backup and restore interface in advance of reformatting partitions. That included a system image as well. Do I need a recovery disc to recover my files after a reformat?...
  8. Restoring Backup to New Machine

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring Backup to New Machine: Hello, I have small home based business and I have a computer that has all my software for accounting, orders etc. I paid a consultant good money to set and configure all that. He also said he put 2 drives that copy on each other so if one go bad, the other takes over. Have...
  9. Can not backup in win 10 using win 7 backup/restore option

Can not backup in win 10 using win 7 backup/restore option: Can not backup in win 10 using win 7 backup/restore option the program show a message the media is write protected and the backup abort with error 0x80070013 please advice thanks Cesar Mantilla...
  10. Backup and restore Win 10 drive to a different disk

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and restore Win 10 drive to a different disk: thanks very much guys. I started the backup process. Great. As an aside, it is a good idea to store a copy of any backup offline. Get a ransom attack - stick up fingers in a suitable gesture to ransomers, restore offline backup. Also, it is a good idea to go to Other...