Windows 10: New Backup and Restore Scheme Win 10

Discus and support New Backup and Restore Scheme Win 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Background. New to Windows 10 with a new laptop. The HP laptop came with a 256GB SSD (M2 Seagate) and I added a 500GB HDD (WD) for Data (D:) (moving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Hikertrash, Nov 21, 2019.

1. New Backup and Restore Scheme Win 10

Background.

New to Windows 10 with a new laptop. The HP laptop came with a 256GB SSD (M2 Seagate) and I added a 500GB HDD (WD) for Data (DNew Backup and Restore Scheme Win 10 :) (moving the default folders).

I also have an 750GB HDD (WD) which will be used as an external drive for backup. I'll most like have two partitions 250GB and 500GB matching the drives on the laptop.

I understand Windows 10 has two software options for backup including Backup and Restore and File History. I can also use a third option, Acronis True Image WD edition.

My thoughts are to backup the (CNew Backup and Restore Scheme Win 10 :) drive SSD to the 256GB partition of the external HDD using Acronis TI WD and the (DNew Backup and Restore Scheme Win 10 :) drive to the 500GB partition using one of the three software solutions.

Any other options, thoughts?

:)

Hikertrash, Nov 21, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

New Backup and Restore Scheme Win 10 [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Nov 21, 2019
  3. glassrat1 Win User
    backup and restore

sorry abought getting back to you. I have a backup setup every Sunday at 11pm. last successful backup was in January, error ( backup volume inaccessible ) error code ( 0x807800c5 ) the laptop new with win 8, upgraded to 8.1 then 10

glassrat1, Nov 21, 2019
  4. New Backup and Restore Scheme Win 10

installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

New Backup and Restore Scheme Win 10

1. New Backup and Restore Scheme Win 10 - Similar Threads - Backup Restore Scheme

2. Backup / Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup / Restore: Windows 10 Backup backs up my User directory, including my OneDrive folder, as indicated by the list of folders which it selects as target folders to be saved. However, when I look at the data that have been saved, the OneDrive folder is not included! Anyone have an...
  3. Restoring Windows 10 file backup to new computer

Restoring Windows 10 file backup to new computer: I had issues with an old computer acting bad. So while it was still working, I set up File Backups within Windows 10 so it would be continuously be backing up. Then I decommissioned the computer, did a reset, and starting using a different computer, which I had also reset....
  4. Restore Backup

Restore Backup: I have a backup made by Windows10 Home. I have changed my hard drive and done a clean install of Win10. Now I can see the backup in Win Explorer but can't see it in Recover Files. Why is that?...
  5. Can not backup in win 10 using win 7 backup/restore option

Can not backup in win 10 using win 7 backup/restore option: Can not backup in win 10 using win 7 backup/restore option the program show a message the media is write protected and the backup abort with error 0x80070013 please advice thanks Cesar Mantilla...
  6. Backup and restore

Backup and restore: Hi, How and when would you use backup and restore on the IT systems using the windows 10 operating system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/backup-and-restore/bd662f36-c19a-44cd-b2ca-8c5d1a49ef60
  7. Creating a new differential backup after a restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Creating a new differential backup after a restore: Can I create new differential backup after restoring an existing one? Let’s take the following backup set as an example: 00 – Full Backup 01 – First Differential 02 – Second Differential 03 - Third Differential If I restored to the second differential backup, could I...
  8. Need to restore files to Win 10 from Win 7 backup-is this possible?

Need to restore files to Win 10 from Win 7 backup-is this possible?: My folder is: MediaID.bin It has all my documents, photos, etc. from a PC that I converted to Win 10 and gave a family member. But I can't seem to get the file to open on my own Win 10 Pro laptop. Is there a program, command or process that will allow to restore all my...
  9. Backup and restore Win 10 drive to a different disk

Backup and restore Win 10 drive to a different disk: thanks very much guys. I started the backup process. Great. As an aside, it is a good idea to store a copy of any backup offline. Get a ransom attack - stick up fingers in a suitable gesture to ransomers, restore offline backup. Also, it is a good idea to go to Other...
  10. Restoring backup

Restoring backup: Hi I have windows 10 installed on an SSD. I backup the entire SSD using Macrium Reflect Free. I now want to restore the windows 10 installation. Do I need to restore the entire SSD or can I just restore the C partition ? Whats the best way ? Thanks 27393