Windows 10: New battery causing computer to have major performance issues

Discus and support New battery causing computer to have major performance issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I replaced the battery in my computer with one that said was compatible with my computer, but my computer is saying there is not battery present and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JimmyPayne1, Oct 27, 2019.

1. New battery causing computer to have major performance issues

I replaced the battery in my computer with one that said was compatible with my computer, but my computer is saying there is not battery present and has 255% available. I had to replace my battery because the old one that came with the computer stopped working and made it to were the computer would not come on. Now my computer comes on half the time I try to turn it on and it is slow to the point that I can barely use it.

Info; original battery: 60Wh 11.1v Dell T54FJ; New Battery: 49Wh 11.1v Taupo T54FJ

:)

JimmyPayne1, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

low performance when battery is disconnected

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Who is the manufacturer of the computer?
    • When the battery was taken out, was the power plan setting changed?
    • What is the current BIOS version running on your computer? If the BIOS is outdated, please get in touch with the computer manufacturer and get the BIOS updated.

Disclaimer:Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting
    properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Since the battery is swollen, I suggest you to get the battery replaced.

There should not be any low performance issue, if the battery is removed from the laptop. I suggest you to the inbuilt troubleshooter for Power and have a check with the issue.

• Press Windows logo key + I to open
      Settings.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Select Power and run the troubleshooter.

Please check with the Power plan settings from control panel and restore the plan to default settings. If you still face the same issue, I suggest you to create a new power plan, then check with issue.

Follow the steps mentioned below to create a new power plan.

1. Press Windows logo key + R and type
      control panel, click on OK.
    2. Click on Power options.
    3. Click on Create a Power plan.
    4. Select an option from Balanced,
      Power saver and High performance, name the plan and click
      Next to continue.
    5. Change the sleep and display setting if needed, and hit
      Create to finish the task and have a check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Battery performance issue on Windows 10 computer.

Hi,

The above issue might occur due to non-updated/incompatible battery drivers installed, background applications utilizing the battery to high extent or third party application/program conflicting with the battery drivers installed on the computer.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Does the issue occur only on watching movies on the computer?

Method 1: Update the
    battery drivers
    manually from Device Manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device Manager from the context menu.
    • Expand Batteries option from the window, right click on the driver and click on
      Update this software from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • After the update is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persists, boot the PC in
    Clean boot state and check if the above issue is caused due to any of the third party applications/programs installed in the computer.

Putting the system in Clean boot will enable the PC to start using minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in
    Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista.

Refer to the section
    How to perform a clean boot
    for Windows 10 article.

Disclaimer: Start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    from the link above.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of battery durability issue on the computer in the same post
    for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 27, 2019
  4. New battery causing computer to have major performance issues

battery issues

Hi Nathaniel,

This issue likely occurs if there are some settings on your computer that are affecting the power usage and if your system needs to be updated. We'd like to know if your laptop is still under warranty. If so, we suggest contacting your laptop's manufacturer
    first for them to check your device. They will be able to check if there are any hardware related issues. Performing software related troubleshooting steps might void the warranty.

In the meantime, here are the steps that you can perform while your device is plugged in to the power source to troubleshoot your battery issue:

• Run the troubleshooter for devices and hardware. The troubleshooter will perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and resolve issues
      related to using your device.
    • Check for Windows Update. Keeping your computer updated is important. It improves the reliability, security, and performance of your computer. To do so, refer to this article:
      Update Windows 10

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Lov Dollente, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

New battery causing computer to have major performance issues

1. New battery causing computer to have major performance issues - Similar Threads - battery causing computer

2. Windows 11 22H2 causing MAJOR battery and performance issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 causing MAJOR battery and performance issues.: Dear Microsoft development team, I just updated to the latest 22H2 version, and since then, my battery life has immensely decreased. My laptop Dell G15 5511 used to give a battery life of a at least 10 hours on balanced mode and 12-14 hours on Ultimate power savings, and now...
  3. Windows 11 22H2 causing MAJOR battery and performance issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 22H2 causing MAJOR battery and performance issues.: Dear Microsoft development team, I just updated to the latest 22H2 version, and since then, my battery life has immensely decreased. My laptop Dell G15 5511 used to give a battery life of a at least 10 hours on balanced mode and 12-14 hours on Ultimate power savings, and now...
  4. Slow battery and performance of computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow battery and performance of computer: I have my computer battery at 100% but when you unplug it will disappear and my computer is really slow. How come this happen even my computer is only a year old. I dont want to buy again. Please help me....
  5. Slow battery and performance of computer

Slow battery and performance of computer: I have my computer battery at 100% but when you unplug it will disappear and my computer is really slow. How come this happen even my computer is only a year old. I dont want to buy again. Please help me....
  6. BATTERY ISSUE AND PERFORMANCE DECREASING.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BATTERY ISSUE AND PERFORMANCE DECREASING.: Dear Microsoft team, I would like to raise issue of my HP laptop battery performance and the system getting slower day by day. So it has been two and a half years of my purchase my system has deteriorated drastically in the past 7 months, battery performance is almost zero,...
  7. BATTERY ISSUE AND PERFORMANCE DECREASING.

BATTERY ISSUE AND PERFORMANCE DECREASING.: Dear Microsoft team, I would like to raise issue of my HP laptop battery performance and the system getting slower day by day. So it has been two and a half years of my purchase my system has deteriorated drastically in the past 7 months, battery performance is almost zero,...
  8. Windows 11 Major Performance Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Major Performance Issues: After installing the latest update KB5011493 my system has become incredibly slow and many programs either fail to launch or are unusable. My system is Ryzen based, so I assume it has something to do with the fTPM issue, but the reports of that issue detail “intermittent...
  9. Windows 11 Major Performance Issues

Windows 11 Major Performance Issues: After installing the latest update KB5011493 my system has become incredibly slow and many programs either fail to launch or are unusable. My system is Ryzen based, so I assume it has something to do with the fTPM issue, but the reports of that issue detail “intermittent...
  10. Watching streams on Twitch.tv is causing major performance issues while gaming.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Watching streams on Twitch.tv is causing major performance issues while gaming.: The situation is that I run a dual-monitor setup, where I like to play a game on monitor A while watching a stream on Twitch.tv with monitor B. This has been working fine for me with no issues up until 2 or 3 weeks ago after a mandatory Windows 10 update was installed. Now...