Windows 10: New BBC audio streams - squeezebox / similar servers

Discus and support New BBC audio streams - squeezebox / similar servers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there This now works 100% on W10 on all currently known builds including leaked 10135. People using things like Logitech media server /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Jun 7, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

New BBC audio streams - squeezebox / similar servers

Hi there

This now works 100% on W10 on all currently known builds including leaked 10135.

People using things like Logitech media server / squeezebox type devices for streaming music / Internet Radio over their devices will have seen that the BBC is dropping WMA format and going to AAC / HLS. The lower quality mp3 compatible streams will remain for a short while but then these will go too.

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.u..._audio_formats

Those who like the HQ streams can get them back via the BBC iplayer addon - you can now get both the UK streams and the non UK streams so those in the UK can get their "Footie" / other sports commentaries back again on services like BBC R5. For live "Footie" outside the UK use a UK proxy and the HQ UK stream.

These streams are the NEW supported format and will also avoid the dreaded "Re-buffering" stuff that used to occur on the older streams (which still can happen a lot on the old mp3 streams even with a decent Internet connection.

Note also the bbc iplayer extra app gives you good access to archived streams - so if you want to stream a program you've missed it's a great addon.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...uick-fix-guide

Works on both Windows AND Linux versions of the LMS server (free app of course). Use LMS server 7.8 or 7.9 .

Screenshots shown using a software (Squeezeplay) PC application but your Squeezebox type device will have a similar set of screens when connected to the server. Works also on Android devices where you can control your remote device or play on the phone if you want.

The bottom two screens are what can be played using the iplayer extras addon. Great addon for those who like streaming Internet radio / music around the house.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jun 7, 2015

2. N95 - Where did Real Player go?

Thank you so far - it works and offer a lot of radio stations!

However, not any BBC stations which stream in Real.

I see from other postings that streaming audio in Real Player really seems to be a problem.

Still grateful if anyone can tell me how to stream BBC 2.

turist---01, Jun 7, 2015
  3. whphang Win User
    Bluetooth streaming issues w/ Nokia Music (Lumia 900)

Yesterday I paired my Lumia 800 with a (new) BMW. While streaming audio via Bluetooth from the Music & Video app worked well (audio & track info), the streaming from 8tracks or Spotify didn't work at all either (no audio got streamed, no track info). Seems
    to be a similar problem.

whphang, Jun 7, 2015
Thema:

New BBC audio streams - squeezebox / similar servers

1. New BBC audio streams - squeezebox / similar servers - Similar Threads - BBC audio streams

2. Streaming Core COM Server?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Streaming Core COM Server?: I was looking through my task manger for anything fishy and spotted this process and am wondering what it is. It's called Streaming Core COM Server and when i open the file location its a program called StreamingCore in Program Files\Numecent\Application Jukebox Player. This...
  3. Streaming Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Streaming Audio: Hello. First, details- 1. I have a desktop pc and a monitor as my setup. The monitor doesn’t have speakers so audio can’t be playes directly from them. 2. My headset has a mic of course, and I plugged that into the monitor itself. 3. When I stream to Twitch via...
  4. BBC iPlayer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    BBC iPlayer: Why is the BBC iPlayer no longer available on the Microsoft Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bbc-iplayer/c1a63175-7012-48f9-9665-a2d50bd9bc2f
  5. streaming audio

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    streaming audio: Hello! When I try and stream music from my Win10 Home PC to my Marantz N1509. I can see the folders but not the files, when I open the folders I get "No items to display" It used to work, but never reliably. Cheers,...
  6. Streaming audio issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Streaming audio issues: My desktop ran some updates yesterday and since then my audio starts lagging almost immediately when streaming Netflix, Amazon movies and my Xfinity television package. This also happened last summer and it took me about a week of Googling a fix for this issue. I'm on day two...
  7. corrupted audio streaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    corrupted audio streaming: Seems Microsoft doesn't care about weak drivers for laptops with OS called Windows. 3 months ago I've bought DELL XPS with dock station. Cost me around 2k USD. But i've been faced with a trouble like stopped audio when streaming with Spotify. Later I've found that this...
  8. Any new alternative to Logitech Squeezebox

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Any new alternative to Logitech Squeezebox: Hi there I really loved the old Logitech Squeezebox system (and their Internet radio) -- the squeezebox system also had optical output as well as analog so a really great way of feeding audio into a high quality music amplifier / speaker set. The server software still...
  9. BBC iPlayer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BBC iPlayer: iPlayer required me to sign in having replaced my old comp. No problem as I live in UK. However, I am now only allowed to stream as usual but not download to the computer. I received notification that I had to obtain an app through Windows Store! There are none there....
  10. Program to capture FLAC streamed Audio ? BBC FLAC streams

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program to capture FLAC streamed Audio ? BBC FLAC streams: Hi there any way to capture these FLAC audio HQ streams from BBC Delivering Radio 3 Concert Sound - BBC RD I'm not a fan of things like spotify etc -- I prefer my music on my own library - especially if it's the type of music that doesn't appear in those sorts of...