Windows 10: New BD-RW drive not working

Discus and support New BD-RW drive not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I purchased a new blu-ray read/write drive Pioneer BDR-UD03 from China. It installed properly and Device Manager says that it's working okay. It shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lbeck, Nov 16, 2019.

1. lbeck Win User

New BD-RW drive not working

I purchased a new blu-ray read/write drive Pioneer BDR-UD03 from China. It installed properly and Device Manager says that it's working okay. It shows up as Drive D:\ but doesn't read any disks so doesn't show in Explorer with any disk inserted. When a disk is inserted the LED blinks slowly but never the faster blink that normally indicates reading a disk. Nero identifies the drive but says "drive not ready" when a disk is inserted.

The drive came without a region so I changed to Region 1. Still no joy. Windows says that the best driver is already installed. I haven't uninstalled/reinstalled the drive for fear of getting farther away from a solution rather than closer.

How can I tell if the drive is bad or if there are some settings that need changing?

New BD-RW drive not working [​IMG]

:)

lbeck, Nov 16, 2019
  2. Neo1298 Win User

BD-RW drive not listed on Devices witth Removable Storage.

How do you get a Pioneer BD-RW drive that is listed on the Windows 7 Prof. Device Manager to show up on the list of Computer Devices with Removable Storage? This is a desktop PC, 64-bit OS. I have four DVD/CD-Rom devices listed on the Device Manager,
    one being a virtual clone drive, which is listed on the Computer Devices with Removable Storage. I've tried every trick I can think of, so far nothing seems to make it work. There are no error messages showing, and no problems detected with troubleshooting.

Neo1298, Nov 16, 2019
  3. davewx Win User
    Can't get a new BD RW drive to work at all

Here is the error message:
    hl dt st bd re bh16ns48 scsi cdrom device could not be migrated

Details:
    Device SCSI\CdRom&Ven_HL-DT-ST&Prod_BD-RE__WH16NS40\4&1636555b&0&010000 could not be migrated.

Last Device Instance Id: IDE\CDROMASUS_DRW-24B3ST_________________________1.00____\5&133A3851&0&4.0.0
    Class Guid: {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    Location Path:
    Migration Rank: 0xF000FC00FFFFF120
    Present: false

I built a computer from parts and everything works but the BD drive. I used an old AUS DVD RW drive also with no success. I've attached the SevenForum DX tool files with all the details.

davewx, Nov 16, 2019
  4. New BD-RW drive not working

Win10 driver for Sony Optiarc BD RW BD-5750H please

Is there a windows 10 driver for my laptop dvd drive,

Sony Optiarc BD RW BD-5750H

and where can i download it from please?

I cant get it to write to DVDs

thanks

GeorgeDiceGeorge, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

New BD-RW drive not working

1. New BD-RW drive not working - Similar Threads - drive working

2. Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working: My laptop update by itself and now when ever I try to use my seagate external portable hard drive the computer tells me that "D:\ is not accessible, The file or directory is corrupted and unreadabale"...
  3. Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working: My laptop update by itself and now when ever I try to use my seagate external portable hard drive the computer tells me that "D:\ is not accessible, The file or directory is corrupted and unreadabale"...
  4. Why won't my external hard drive work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my external hard drive work?: I took the hard drive out of an old Windows laptop and used a hard drive case to connect it to my computer for storage. It worked fine, until one time it just didn't work. I had used it on both Mac and Windows, but I don't think it's a Mac filesystem compatibility thing...
  5. Why won't my external hard drive work?

Why won't my external hard drive work?: I took the hard drive out of an old Windows laptop and used a hard drive case to connect it to my computer for storage. It worked fine, until one time it just didn't work. I had used it on both Mac and Windows, but I don't think it's a Mac filesystem compatibility thing...
  6. External drive do not work properly, I have to unplug the usb cable and plug it in again to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External drive do not work properly, I have to unplug the usb cable and plug it in again to...: hi i have Seagate external HDD that only works when i unplug the usb cable and plug it in again. Every time i reboot the computer i have to go throught the same process again , im worry if my hdd shake too much it will damage my hdd and it more Efficient , in my laptop it...
  7. External drive do not work properly, I have to unplug the usb cable and plug it in again to...

External drive do not work properly, I have to unplug the usb cable and plug it in again to...: hi i have Seagate external HDD that only works when i unplug the usb cable and plug it in again. Every time i reboot the computer i have to go throught the same process again , im worry if my hdd shake too much it will damage my hdd and it more Efficient , in my laptop it...
  8. External drive do not work properly, I have to unplug the usb cable and plug it in again to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. unlock bitlocked e drive with key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unlock bitlocked e drive with key not working: my old c drive which is currently externally plugged in as a 'e: drive' is bitlocked and the only bitlocker key i have on my microsoft account is not working....
  10. unlock bitlocked e drive with key not working

unlock bitlocked e drive with key not working: my old c drive which is currently externally plugged in as a 'e: drive' is bitlocked and the only bitlocker key i have on my microsoft account is not working....