Windows 10: New Behavior: Failure To Execute Power Options

Discus and support New Behavior: Failure To Execute Power Options in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Version 1909 (18363.1082) I've been running WinX since I got booted from my old, reliable Win 7 Pro last January, and never had a problem with Power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jmrathbun, Oct 1, 2020.

1. jmrathbun Win User

New Behavior: Failure To Execute Power Options

Version 1909 (18363.1082)

I've been running WinX since I got booted from my old, reliable Win 7 Pro last January, and never had a problem with Power settings until the past few weeks. It's not consistent, but often the display stays up indefinitely and the computer never sleeps. Settings have been 5' for display and 10' for sleep most of the time. I've tried re-entering these settings and I've tried running the Powercfg app with administrator privileges. The result is shown below. Any ideas?

New Behavior: Failure To Execute Power Options [​IMG]

:)

jmrathbun, Oct 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 Power Options Not working

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the power options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the power Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel and then click on power options.
    • Then click on create new power plan.
    • Change the power plan accordingly and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Power Options - Closed (Laptop) Lid Glitch - 'Do Nothing' Option, Not Working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the power options from the list.

• Click Next to run the power Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel and then click on
      power options.

• Then click on create new
      power plan.

• Change the power plan accordingly and check.
    Check if it helps.

I hope it helps. Keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 1, 2020
  4. New Behavior: Failure To Execute Power Options

sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

New Behavior: Failure To Execute Power Options

1. New Behavior: Failure To Execute Power Options - Similar Threads - Behavior Failure Execute

2. Driver Power State Failure & External Power Failure BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Power State Failure & External Power Failure BSODs: Here are the dump files I received for these BSODs: MinidumpIt seems the driver power state failure occurred due to hidusb.sys. At the time of the BSOD, I had my wired keyboard plugged in and was using the wired cable of my mouse rather than the wireless USB dongle. I also...
  3. New BSOD Power State Failure query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New BSOD Power State Failure query: Hiappreciate there are numerous threads re BSOD but struggling to identify the fix for mine. If anyone able to help, minidump file here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anr7q0OPwSCZh_4muSsTtkVXDpDTWw?e=r0EPKSMy system if it helps I'm no expert!!Win 11 Pro V 22H2 OS build 22621.898AMD...
  4. New BSOD Power State Failure query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New BSOD Power State Failure query: Hiappreciate there are numerous threads re BSOD but struggling to identify the fix for mine. If anyone able to help, minidump file here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anr7q0OPwSCZh_4muSsTtkVXDpDTWw?e=r0EPKSMy system if it helps I'm no expert!!Win 11 Pro V 22H2 OS build 22621.898AMD...
  5. Power Option failure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Option failure: Windows 10 Professional x64 Version 2004 build 19041.508 Install Language: English United States System Locale: English United States Installed: 10/11/2020 3:00:20 PM Servicing Branch: Current Branch CB Boot Mode: UEFI with Secure Boot disabled I opened the Control Panel,...
  6. DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE new dump

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE new dump: Hello. About one month ago I created a topic. I was having "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" blue screen. This happens when I try to shutdown my computer or restart it. This was the first topic. I followed all procedures that have been recommended to me. I uninstalled withDDU...
  7. Strange power policy behavior of new Ryzen 9 3950X PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange power policy behavior of new Ryzen 9 3950X PC: I built a new system to help deal with the inanity of the current pandemic, and have been having some issues with it. First, my system keeps sleeping after a certain amount of time goes by. I'm not sure why this is occurring as I have set every power plan to have settings...
  8. new secondary HDD not responding to power options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new secondary HDD not responding to power options: Hi all. I got a new computer in October 2019. It's an HP Pavilion gaming desktop PC. It has a solid state drive as the primary drive and a 1 TB HDD as the secondary drive. A few weeks ago I starting noticing a light clicking noise coming from the secondary drive. I decided to...
  9. Reset failure because of power failure.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset failure because of power failure.: About half way though resetting my HP laptop we had a power failure. The reset failed and the PC is stuck in a loop rebooting. Is there anyway to fix this?...
  10. new mouse behavior?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new mouse behavior?: New default behavior in Windows 10 bs win8 was that I used to be able to scroll an inactive window by hovering my mouse over it. And this was great. After thinking something was wrong for a while I've finally realised why my window management is so iffy. I've noticed that...