Windows 10: New Block Autoplay controls in Firefox

Discus and support New Block Autoplay controls in Firefox in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The web is 30 years old. Over its lifetime we’ve had developments that have brought us to peaks of delight and others to the pits of frustration. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

New Block Autoplay controls in Firefox

Source: Stop videos from automatically playing with new autoplay controls from Firefox | The Firefox Frontier

:)

Brink, Apr 3, 2019

2. Program doesn't exist for Autoplay

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the Autoplay settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control Panel.
    • Go to Control Panel and locate AutoPlay.
    • In AutoPlay settings make sure that you check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    • Next click the Reset all defaults button. Your Autoplay settings should be reset to default.

New Block Autoplay controls in Firefox autoplay-problems-windows-10.png

• Insert USB or DVD to see if Autoplay is working.

You can also try downloading Windows Media Player 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=20426

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Problems with autoplay and my JVC camcorder

Hi Marchony,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the Methods below.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch pad.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter

Method 2:
    Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.
    • Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.
    • Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.
    • Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

Method 3 : Follow these steps to specify what should happen when you insert different types of digital media into your computer.

1. Open AutoPlay by clicking the Start button, in the search box, type autoplay, and then click AutoPlay.

2. Under MEDIA, find the type of media that you want to change the AutoPlay setting for.

3. Click the action that you want AutoPlay to take when you insert CD/DVD into your computer.

4. Click Save.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Apr 3, 2019
  4. New Block Autoplay controls in Firefox

Autoplay

Thank you for the response. Here are the steps that we would like to suggest for initial troubleshooting:

Try to reset the Autoplay settings.

• Open the Control Panel and change View by:
      to Small icons.
    • Select Autoplay.
    • Click Reset all defaults.
    • Once you are done, check if the issue still persists.
    Verify the Startup Type of Shell Hardware Detection Service.

• Press Win+R and type services.msc in the Run dialog box.
    • In the Services window, locate Shell Hardware Detection and check the
      Status and Startup Type.
    • If the Startup Type is not Automatic, double-click the service and choose
      Automatic
      from the drop-down menu.
    • If the service is not running, select Start in the Service status and click
      OK.
    Feel free to post back for an update.

Jennifer Cha, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

New Block Autoplay controls in Firefox

1. New Block Autoplay controls in Firefox - Similar Threads - Block Autoplay controls

2. Autoplay not autoplaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoplay not autoplaying: Recently, my radio station stopped autoplaying. I searched and found How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows - Microsoft Community to remember where the setting resides. I checked and the url is still in the Allow section. Why won't it autoplay?...
  3. Autoplay not autoplaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autoplay not autoplaying: Recently, my radio station stopped autoplaying. I searched and found How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows - Microsoft Community to remember where the setting resides. I checked and the url is still in the Allow section. Why won't it autoplay?...
  4. Firefox blocked by family services.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Firefox blocked by family services.: I'm an adult, I've removed all restrictions on the account, I've left the family, and nothing has worked. Its infuriating. I'm not even part of a microsoft family anymore, why is it that it's still blocking me from using firefox?!...
  5. Firefox blocked by family services.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firefox blocked by family services.: I'm an adult, I've removed all restrictions on the account, I've left the family, and nothing has worked. Its infuriating. I'm not even part of a microsoft family anymore, why is it that it's still blocking me from using firefox....
  6. MS Family Is Blocking Firefox

MS Family Is Blocking Firefox: My parents use MS Family Safety for my account, and I have to use the Firefox browser for school. The only problem is that I can't open Firefox because of MS Family. My parents have removed all restrictions but Firefox is still not opening. I really need this fixed because I...
  7. ms family is blocking firefox

ms family is blocking firefox: Despite trying to remove all restrictions on my child's account, MS family protection continues to block Firefox. When the child opens firefox, it says 'ask your parent for permission'. I get the permission request on my end in MS Family, I approve it and grant the...
  8. Google Chrome new policy to block unwanted autoplays

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome new policy to block unwanted autoplays: For many, Chrome is more than a browser—it’s also a TV, phone, radio, and jukebox for the wide range of media experiences the web has to offer. And when you hit your favorite pump-up playlist, you want to get right to it instead of having to hit “play” every time.At the same...
  9. Google Chrome: Block Video Autoplay

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome: Block Video Autoplay: Not sure if everyone else is as annoyed by sites like CNN where videos play automatically, but I was elated to read that Chrome was going to allow blocking autoplay of videos. When is that coming? I had read Jan 2018, but I can't find the setting. 103131
  10. Firefox is blocking Flash by default

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox is blocking Flash by default: After a number of issues and exploits have been discovered recently, Mozilla has taken a big step and is now blocking Flash in all of its Firefox browsers. Flash, the much maligned and hated software on which a surprisingly big part of the web still relies, has often been...