Windows 10: New blue arrows on desktop - on TOP of all other visible content!!

Discus and support New blue arrows on desktop - on TOP of all other visible content!! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I get rid of the persistent blue arrows on my desktop?? I have Norton, and I already turned off the setting mentioned. None of my folders have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kelley Evans1, Jul 10, 2024.

1. New blue arrows on desktop - on TOP of all other visible content!!

How do I get rid of the persistent blue arrows on my desktop?? I have Norton, and I already turned off the setting mentioned. None of my folders have the blue arrows, so I have nothing to NOT compress. HELP!!Windows 11 Homeversion 23H2

:)

Kelley Evans1, Jul 10, 2024
  2. tozduman Win User

Two blue arrows at top right of icons

The files under Desktop folder have same issue. I solved problem using below steps.

• Right click to Desktop folder.
    • Click to Advanced button
    • Unchecked compress contents to save disk spaces. Click Ok, ok and apply
      buttons.

After these steps, arrows should be disappeared and also you can use below command to clear icon cache.

tozduman, Jul 10, 2024
  3. Double blue arrows appear on top right corner in Windows 10.

The Blue arrows appear on each and every compressed files,folders,Desktop icons.

Could you suggest me a way to remove these blue arrows...

HarishKamineni, Jul 10, 2024
  4. New blue arrows on desktop - on TOP of all other visible content!!

Two blue arrows at top right of icons

Blue text in Explorer = NTFS compression is enabled via the properties (this has been standard in Windows for many versions now).

New blue arrows on desktop - on TOP of all other visible content!! [​IMG]

Two blue arrows is Windows 10's new way of showing the same thing, at the icon-level.

New blue arrows on desktop - on TOP of all other visible content!! [​IMG]

Reference/More info:

edit:

That's kind of weird, and is may be just a matter of icon cache corruption.

For that, here's a couple things to try:

Ensure the EXEs are not actually compressed.

Try creating new shortcuts to the EXEs and see if they appear as expected.

Try clearing Windows' icon cache and see if that corrects the icons. For that, see this existing SU question: Refresh Icon Cache Without Rebooting

Ƭᴇcʜιᴇ007, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

New blue arrows on desktop - on TOP of all other visible content!!

1. New blue arrows on desktop - on TOP of all other visible content!! - Similar Threads - blue arrows desktop

2. New blue arrows on desktop - on TOP of all other visible content!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New blue arrows on desktop - on TOP of all other visible content!!: How do I get rid of the persistent blue arrows on my desktop?? I have Norton, and I already turned off the setting mentioned. None of my folders have the blue arrows, so I have nothing to NOT compress. HELP!!Windows 11 Homeversion 23H2...
  3. Internal HDD partition not visible in New content installation selection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD partition not visible in New content installation selection: Hi,I have been trying to change my new content installation location in System>Storage>Change where new content is installed>, but in the drop down menu D: location is not available. Which in turn is not enabling me to install XBOX app games to D: drive.I am using Windows 10...
  4. Internal HDD partition not visible in New content installation selection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal HDD partition not visible in New content installation selection: Hi,I have been trying to change my new content installation location in System>Storage>Change where new content is installed>, but in the drop down menu D: location is not available. Which in turn is not enabling me to install XBOX app games to D: drive.I am using Windows 10...
  5. Internal HDD partition not visible in New content installation selection

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Ceep Wondow On top of all other screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ceep Wondow On top of all other screens: I am trying to keep a widow on top of my other skreens and ive tryed everything and i cant seem to understand any of it, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ceep-wondow-on-top-of-all-other-screens/81852600-f743-45b7-b9e3-4982ba6bdb2f
  7. New Shortcuts on Desktop going to top left and pushing other shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Shortcuts on Desktop going to top left and pushing other shortcuts.: How do have new shortcuts on my desktop go to the first empty space? Instead, it goes to the upper left space, where I have something, and pushes everything down a space, with shortcuts already on the bottom looping around the top of the next column. (Only for shortcuts added...
  8. Blue Arrows On All Files and Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blue Arrows On All Files and Folders: Hi, I just booted into Windows and there are two blue arrows on all my files and folders for some strange reason. I've looked it up on the internet and apparently it means that they're compressed. I didn't do it and definetively don't want that. Windows basically compressed...
  9. Blue arrows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue arrows: Hey, The double blue arrows on the right hand corner of all icons (desktop and folders) suddenly appeared. I did not install anything recently. What are they? How do i get rid of them? (I skimmed through previous posts re this issue, didnt find anything useful.)...
  10. "Public" folders content visibility for other users?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Public" folders content visibility for other users?: In Windows 7 every user inherited content of "Public" user folders such as Images/Music/Video. Now I don't see "Public" content in my user folders anymore. What could be done to unlock this functionality? 25868