Windows 10: New blue bar has appeared in Firefox

Discus and support New blue bar has appeared in Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm on Firefox Quantum 65.0 (64-bit), and there must have been an update because whenever I try to use the url box, an annoying bright blue bar... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by badcrc, Feb 1, 2019.

1. badcrc Win User

New blue bar has appeared in Firefox

I'm on Firefox Quantum 65.0 (64-bit), and there must have been an update because whenever I try to use the url box, an annoying bright blue bar appears.
    I've unchecked almost everything in Options and set a ton of stuff to false in about:config - but the dazzling bar is still there.

New blue bar has appeared in Firefox [​IMG]

even about:config

How to get rid ?

:)

badcrc, Feb 1, 2019

2. Firefox Address Bar Suggestions

I was going to suggest that too. Firefox pulls suggestions from bookmarks too, so if it's bookmarked, no amount of clearing history/etc will make it not appear.

Bobby Phoenix, Feb 1, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Firefox Address Bar Suggestions

With a brand new and previously unused Profile I do see suggestions for R, but only built-in generic Mozilla ones.

Bree, Feb 1, 2019
  4. bo elam Win User

Firefox Address Bar Suggestions

I get no suggestions at all. I untick all those options under Address bar as well as the ones under Search. And set Firefox to delete history using custom settings for history. Never see any suggestion of any kind. So, you can get that done if thats what you want.

Bo

bo elam, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

1. New blue bar has appeared in Firefox - Similar Threads - blue bar has

2. Unknown adress bar has appeared?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown adress bar has appeared?: An address bar has appeared on the taskbar on the right without me having downloaded or added it. What is this and can it be removed? It is not possible to move or delete it using the mouse, and it is also not possible to search the web in the address field.Could it be a...
  3. Unknown adress bar has appeared?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown adress bar has appeared?: An address bar has appeared on the taskbar on the right without me having downloaded or added it. What is this and can it be removed? It is not possible to move or delete it using the mouse, and it is also not possible to search the web in the address field.Could it be a...
  4. Unknown adress bar has appeared?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. new "program" has appeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    new "program" has appeared: I have a Surface 3 with Windows 10. Now when I start up and the desktop displays I get a pop-up box saying there is a program named "program" on the C drive that may cause problems with opening apps unless I rename it "program1". There is a file recently modified not by me as...
  6. new "program" has appeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new "program" has appeared: I have a Surface 3 with Windows 10. Now when I start up and the desktop displays I get a pop-up box saying there is a program named "program" on the C drive that may cause problems with opening apps unless I rename it "program1". There is a file recently modified not by me as...
  7. new "program" has appeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. brightness bar not appearing on new PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    brightness bar not appearing on new PC: I just bought a new PC. And its got windows 10 as usual. I'm setting it up but the brightness bar is not showing. It's completely absent. Does anybody know how to repair this. My eyes are very sensitive to light. Thx in advance....
  9. Firefox Location Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Location Bar: I have been unable to post to the Firefox Support Website. That is why I am posting this here. Whenever I type a letter, say "C", in the URL bar I get suggestions for all sites I have recently visited starting with C. This has just started and I don't want that behavior. I...
  10. Farorites Bar In Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Farorites Bar In Firefox: How do you add a website to the favorites bar using an icon only in firefox? My existing favorites bar icons was imported from IE 11. Do I need to create an icon in IE 11 and then import it to firefox? 78142