Windows 10: New Bluetooth keyboard loses connection on my Windows PC while still close to it, but the...

Discus and support New Bluetooth keyboard loses connection on my Windows PC while still close to it, but the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A little more info. The keyboard is the Logitech Multi-Device K380. I recently went out and got a decent Bluetooth dongle to hopefully solve the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FrequencyJones, Aug 10, 2020.

1. New Bluetooth keyboard loses connection on my Windows PC while still close to it, but the...

A little more info.

The keyboard is the Logitech Multi-Device K380. I recently went out and got a decent Bluetooth dongle to hopefully solve the issue, but it hasn’t. Somebody on this Reddit recommended extending the dongle with a cord, but the store didn’t have one. You’d figure it wouldn’t need it since the range is great when used with macOS. Now, my PC is under a table. Could that cause that? Other Bluetooth devices seem to work fine though.

Also, I assume using a Bluetooth dongle bypasses the built in Bluetooth?

Any ideas on what could be making this keyboard connection so crappy on one computer but amazing on another?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/FrequencyJones
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FrequencyJones, Aug 10, 2020

2. Small PC Introduces New Waterproof Bluetooth PC Keyboard

Small PC, of Clearwater Florida, has introduced its new Bluetooth PC Keyboard. Its rugged construction and wireless operation makes the keyboard ideal for use in applications and environments that included the factory floor, hospital, medical, marine and specialized vehicles. Although the SK310 keyboard is completely sealed and IP68 waterproof, the specialized glove-fit rigid silicon construction gives the keyboard a comfortable desktop feel. All 105 keys provide "soft-click" touch with excellent tactile feedback. As well as being "designed tough," the SK301 is anti-microbial and washable.

Other features include an integrated two button Touch-Pad Mouse, quick select media keys and a snap in holder for the mini Bluetooth dongle. Two AAA batteries are accessible through a waterproof compartment on the bottom side of the keyboard.

New Bluetooth keyboard loses connection on my Windows PC while still close to it, but the... Small_PC_SK301_02_thm.jpg

New Bluetooth keyboard loses connection on my Windows PC while still close to it, but the... Small_PC_SK301_01_thm.jpg

The SK301 includes Windows keys and is plug-n-play Windows compatible including support for Windows 8, 7 and XP. There are also USB versions of Small PC's rugged keyboards available that are manufactured using the same rigid silicon construction. The USB versions of the keyboards include options for adjustable backlights, a separate numeric keypad, compact sizes and layouts ideal for mobile and vehicle applications.

Both the wireless Bluetooth version and wired USB version of the keyboard have a suggested list price of $140.00 U.S. and are available direct from www.Smallpc.com or its on-line store www.StarLinePC.com.

Cristian_25H, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Can pair new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth keyboard - but not connect

Hi

I just bought a new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth desktop keyboard to use with my Dell XPS 15 9530.

I'm running Windows 10 and I'm able to pair the keyboard by going to settings and adding and adding a new bluetooth device. It prompts me to type in the passkey on the keyboard and press enter.

After doing so, the device is added to the device list and after (very briefly) being listed as "Connected" it switches to be listed as "Paired".

In this state, the keyboard doesn't respond to any input - even after power cycling it. The keyboard even keeps blinking in the Esc-key as if it's still ready to pair.

I've reset the Bluetooth adapter, run the troubleshooter and made sure that all of my drivers are up to date. Nothing helps.

Any good suggestions?

KesseRasmussen, Aug 10, 2020
  4. New Bluetooth keyboard loses connection on my Windows PC while still close to it, but the...

Bluetooth USB Dongle

Ok so here's a question. I had a revelation today that: "Duh, my keyboard/mouse is bluetooth, shouldn't that be the same thing?" My goal here is to get my new Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones to work with on my computer.

Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MX5500 Revolution, bluetooth wireless, came with a USB dongle that they connect through. I tried today to get the headset to work, and it won't receive sound. I can get it "connected," but with complications. I'm using Windows XP, have Setpoint 4.7, and I've tried the following:

-Changed the radio settings to a bluetooth hub instead of locked to the keyboard/mouse.

-Clicked "Connect Other Devices."

- Paired headphones with windows. Windows connects correctly, the device reads connections, windows shows it as "already connected" when I try to connect it again. I click on Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices, and I see the "Motorola HT820" listed as "Passkey enabled," but it doesn't say "Connected" like the keyboard and mouse do. Also, audio does play on the headphones.

-Click on Properties on HT820, and then on services, it does not show any services at all.

- Searched around google, logitech, motorola websites & forums to answers or help, nothing. Closet I got was logitech's "Bluetooth FAQ" which has the following paragraph (http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/bluetooth/bluetooth-faq.pdf):

"3.6 How do I listen to music wirelessly with a Bluetooth headphone?
    All you need is a Bluetooth headphone and a media player such as iTunes or Windows Media Player 10. For optimal results, it is recommended you use a headphone with Bluetooth 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate, to benefit from the maximum bandwidth (up to 3Mb/s).
    Please refer to our online "How To" documents for step-by-step instructions related to your specific device (www.logitech.com/bluetooth/howto)." [That link transfers you back to the same pdf document - it's a circle]

-I tried to install latest Widcomm stack from broadcomm's website, but it says it's not compatible with this dongle.

-Called Logitech Tech Support - got a total jerk girl who straight up said "No i can't help you." And then wouldn't give me the time of day after that.

I've read on threads on Logitech forum that people are using this headset with logitech dongles. Any help getting this connected? I just don't want to have 2 bluetooth dongles connected when I rly only should need this one. Otherwise I guess I'll just purchase one of the ones above, and use that to connect my keyboard, mouse, and headphones all in one swoop.

Sidenote: anyone have experience/knowledge with behavior when 2 bluetooth USB dongles are connected to the same computer?

surfsk8snow.jah, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

New Bluetooth keyboard loses connection on my Windows PC while still close to it, but the...

1. New Bluetooth keyboard loses connection on my Windows PC while still close to it, but the... - Similar Threads - Bluetooth keyboard loses

2. Losing connection but still connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Losing connection but still connected: A game I was playing randomly lost connection on my PC I was playing on so I closed it and opened my browser and that also wouldn’t connect but I also had another game open in the background which required a constant internet connection which was still working until I closed...
  3. Losing connection but still connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Losing connection but still connected: A game I was playing randomly lost connection on my PC I was playing on so I closed it and opened my browser and that also wouldn’t connect but I also had another game open in the background which required a constant internet connection which was still working until I closed...
  4. Losing connection but still connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Bluetooth keeps losing connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth keeps losing connection.: Hello everyone,My Bluetooth loses connection constantly. That is the phenomenon of losing connection and then having it back continuously, causing bluetooth connected devices such as keyboards and headphones to work intermittently. Can anyone tell me how to fix...
  6. Bluetooth keeps losing connection.

Bluetooth keeps losing connection.: Hello everyone,My Bluetooth loses connection constantly. That is the phenomenon of losing connection and then having it back continuously, causing bluetooth connected devices such as keyboards and headphones to work intermittently. Can anyone tell me how to fix...
  7. All apps losing internet connection from wifi, while still connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All apps losing internet connection from wifi, while still connected: I have a strange situation on my Windows laptop, every 10 or so minutes all apps including browser, games, chat and video call lose internet connection while the laptop remains connected to wifi. Strangely there is clearly still a working internet connection, since people in...
  8. All apps losing internet connection from wifi, while still connected

All apps losing internet connection from wifi, while still connected: I have a strange situation on my Windows laptop, every 10 or so minutes all apps including browser, games, chat and video call lose internet connection while the laptop remains connected to wifi. Strangely there is clearly still a working internet connection, since people in...
  9. All apps losing internet connection from wifi, while still connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. connecting my bluetooth keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    connecting my bluetooth keyboard: I've been trying to connect a Belkin Bluetooth keyboard to my laptop and my laptop can see it but instead of showing a pin to enter in from my keyboard, it's asking for a pin to connect which I don't know why is showing since I have done this before but this has never showed...