Windows 10: New Bluetooth Speakers - Sound only when older wired speakers remain plugged in

Discus and support New Bluetooth Speakers - Sound only when older wired speakers remain plugged in in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HelloThe problem I have is described in the title. I bought a new wireless sound system, paired it on Windows 10 via bluetooth dongle, all fine. But I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aris M, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Aris M Win User

New Bluetooth Speakers - Sound only when older wired speakers remain plugged in

HelloThe problem I have is described in the title. I bought a new wireless sound system, paired it on Windows 10 via bluetooth dongle, all fine. But I get sound only if I keep the previous, wired speakers plugged in the green out aux at the back of the tower. I've tried everything, read several websites, still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.BestAris

:)

Aris M, Dec 1, 2021
  2. steveeyes Win User

Speaker wire Plugging In or Moving

I tried googling this but couldn't find an answer. I have male to male speaker wire 3.5 connection. I always wondered why when you plugin the speaker wire in the back of the computer (my sound card is in the back) it cracks or pops. Once it is plugged in - no noise - unless you move the speaker wire and then you get the same cracking or popping noise.

So as long as the speaker wire isn't moved after you plug it in to the sound card, all is ok - no cracking. But if I'm fiddling around with my connections on the back of my computer and move the speaker it makes the noise. Is this a defect or normal?

Thanks

steveeyes, Dec 1, 2021
  3. fireberd Win User
    Speaker wire Plugging In or Moving

I'm an ex guitar amp tech.
    If you plug in with the speaker powered on there can be "noise" when its first plugged in.
    Moving the speaker wire (or wiggling) the plugs says either a bad internal wire to plug connection or if wiggling the plug in the PC sound jack says possible dirty connection. If its the cable, replace the speaker wire(s) between the PC and speaker. If its the connection usually spraying the female PC jack and maybe the male plug with contact cleaner usually fixes it., However if its just the noise when you plug in, that is normal as long as it works OK after plugged in.

fireberd, Dec 1, 2021
  4. New Bluetooth Speakers - Sound only when older wired speakers remain plugged in

Play Audio from Wired Speakers and Bluetooth Speakers at the same time

Hello,

I am currently working on a homemade project in my free time called Project Surround. I am trying to get a full surround sound setup in my room. I have 2 wired speakers in the front and a Bluetooth speaker in the back. The problem is I need both the wired and Bluetooth speakers to play at the same time. Any way I can do that?

TheAmazingGuy, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

New Bluetooth Speakers - Sound only when older wired speakers remain plugged in

1. New Bluetooth Speakers - Sound only when older wired speakers remain plugged in - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Speakers Sound

2. no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged: after reinstall windows 10 no speakers or headphone plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-no-speakers-or-headphone-plugged/09f9bee2-88bf-43fe-8521-66392e32e827
  3. no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged: after reinstall windows 10 no speakers or headphone plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-no-speakers-or-headphone-plugged/09f9bee2-88bf-43fe-8521-66392e32e827
  4. no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New Bluetooth Speakers - Sound only when older wired speakers remain plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Bluetooth Speakers - Sound only when older wired speakers remain plugged in: HelloThe problem I have is described in the title. I bought a new wireless sound system, paired it on Windows 10 via bluetooth dongle, all fine. But I get sound only if I keep the previous, wired speakers plugged in the green out aux at the back of the tower. I've tried...
  6. New Bluetooth Speakers - Sound only when older wired speakers remain plugged in

New Bluetooth Speakers - Sound only when older wired speakers remain plugged in: HelloThe problem I have is described in the title. I bought a new wireless sound system, paired it on Windows 10 via bluetooth dongle, all fine. But I get sound only if I keep the previous, wired speakers plugged in the green out aux at the back of the tower. I've tried...
  7. when headphones plugged in sound comes out of speaker to.

when headphones plugged in sound comes out of speaker to.: I have a HP Pavilion Laptop and ever since I downloaded the latest windows update my audio has been really glitchy, first off whenever I use headphones I have to restart my laptop for them to work secondly, when headphones are plugged in audio plays from the speaker thirdly...
  8. Wired Speaker Sound Options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wired Speaker Sound Options: I have a Bluetooth speaker, and when I have it connected via Bluetooth I get the "bass boost" and other sound settings, but when I have it connected via AUX cord, I don't get those options when I go into the speaker properties in the sound control bar? Any workaround for this...
  9. Speaker wire Plugging In or Moving

Speaker wire Plugging In or Moving: I tried googling this but couldn't find an answer. I have male to male speaker wire 3.5 connection. I always wondered why when you plugin the speaker wire in the back of the computer (my sound card is in the back) it cracks or pops. Once it is plugged in - no noise - unless...
  10. Bluetooth attached speakers - no sound

Bluetooth attached speakers - no sound: Request: Appreciate any ideas on solving this non-functional device situation. The subject computer is located in the pantry with a wall separating the kitchen desk where the monitors, keyboard/mouse and speakers are located. Hardwiring speakers/mic is not an option in...