Windows 10: New browser can't resolve addresses like 127.0.0.1 etc

Discus and support New browser can't resolve addresses like 127.0.0.1 etc in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there The new browser (build 10074) can't resolve addresses like localhost or things like 127.0.0.1:9000 (my music server). Is there a way to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, May 2, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

New browser can't resolve addresses like 127.0.0.1 etc

Hi there

The new browser (build 10074) can't resolve addresses like localhost or things like 127.0.0.1:9000 (my music server).

Is there a way to make IE11 the default browser again.

The music server when web control is activated fills in the correct address OK with IE11 but the new browser leaves the URL as blank --it's a pain to have to enter it manually via launching IE11.

I also have some video servers -- same problem when using the Web interface --I need IE11 to be the default browser.

Screenshot enc.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 2, 2015

2. How to remove esurf.biz

To remove this 'esurf.biz' virus, use your 'file explorer' or 'search bar' and go to-

C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/hosts

Open up the 'hosts' file using 'Notepad'

on the bottom of the page will look like this-

These 5 lines are good and you should leave them alone:

# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server

# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.

# 127.0.0.1 localhost

# ::1 localhost

However, if there are additional lines underneath, such as:

# 127.0.0.1 down.baidu2016.com

# 127.0.0.1 123.sogou.com

# 127.0.0.1 www.czzsyzgm.com

# 127.0.0.1 www.czzsyzxl.com

then you need to delete them (I had to delete these 4 lines here).

However, the 'system' (administrator) will not let you delete those lines! , so you need to do a 'work-around'. so here is a 'work-around'...

To erase them, make a copy of the file named 'host' and paste the copy of it on your desktop.

Then, delete the original 'host' file in the 'etc' folder.

Then, open the 'host' file which is on your desk top and delete the last 4 lines mentioned above beginning with

# 127.0.0.1 down.baidu2016.com... etc, etc, (the last 4 lines).

then save this new file named 'hosts' and put this new 'hosts' file back into the 'etc' folder.

Now, you can go back and open your browser and it should not open to 'esurf.biz' anymore.

But, if it does, then you need to delete your old browser shortcut on your desktop, or taskbar, or wherever you keep it.... and make a fresh shortcut on your desktop...

For instance, I deleted my old short-cut for 'Opera', and then made a new fresh shortcut for it by going to the source 'Opera Icon' and making a new shortcut from it.

To do this, go to C/ Program files x86 / Opera (or whatever browser you use). Look around in the files there until you find the familiar icon for that browser.

Right click on that icon, and select 'send to desktop' (create shortcut).

This will make a new shortcut which will then work properly

and the 'esurf.biz' page will no longer appear when you start up your browser.

After doing this also, your browser will start up a lot faster now, because this stupid 'esurf virus'won't be slowing it up anymore!! Horray!!

MoonPhases, May 2, 2015
  3. PatGarard Win User
    Using Proxy Server for first time in Windows - Need Help

G’Day All,

Context

Software

New software requires Proxy Server in order to run (and turns it ON):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Link64\VideoDownloaderUltimateWinApp

Proxy_active = 1

Proxy Server

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

ProxyServer = ‘http=127.0.0.1:8082;https=127.0.0.1:8082’

Manual Settings:

Address: ‘http=127.0.0.1:8082;https=127.0.0.1:8082’
    Port:
    ‘’ Exceptions: ‘’

The Server Address appears to be loaded from the Registry. Does not appear to be right, and causes Glitches in Browser(s), Store, Email images etc. I currently disable the Proxy unless I want to download video.

HELP

What are appropriate Manual Settings for the Proxy Server?....AND

How do I modify the Registry to store them? (I am familiar with Regedit)

Regards

Pat Garard

PatGarard, May 2, 2015
  4. New browser can't resolve addresses like 127.0.0.1 etc

paulsalter, May 2, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Thanks -- I think I'll skip that

I reset IE to my default browser (control panel==>default programs)

I'll wait until Ms has a proper fix for this.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 2, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    Spartan is "isolated" from localhost. It can't read local files that are not in its sandbox, and it can't connect to localhost ports. I don't know why this is, likely a security configuration... But the point is to prevent the browser from being able to modify anything outside of its sandbox in case it gets hijacked by something.

Mystere, May 2, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    If MS makes that configurable that could be really good for looking at sites you are unsure of.

Ztruker, May 3, 2015
  8. groze Win User

Would that affect router addresses as well? Some are 10.x and some are 192.x

groze, May 3, 2015
  9. Antilope Win User
    My Logitech Music Server works in Windows 10 when I run it in Chrome.

Antilope, May 3, 2015
  10. Mystere Win User
    No. Those addresses do not resolve to the local machine. Only local loopback addresses. 127.0.0.1, ::1, etc..

Yes, because it's not Spartan. We're only talking about Spartan.

Mystere, May 3, 2015
  11. bordi Win User
    Hello all and thanks mate just what I was looking for

bordi, May 3, 2015
  12. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    No problem -- It's only if the new browser is the default -- so when you open WEB control it starts the NEW browser instead of say Chrome or IE. resolving LOCALHOST:9000 with Chrome or other browsers isn't a problem.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New browser can't resolve addresses like 127.0.0.1 etc - Similar Threads - browser can't resolve

2. Change gpu 1 to gpu 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change gpu 1 to gpu 0: I have windows 11, when i play any game, every one or five minutes i get fps drops and some lag spikes, i dont think that my laptop has problems, when i enter to see in the process manager i see that the intelR UHD Graphics 630 it's gpu 0 and uses the 3D, when my gpu 1 NVIDIA...
  3. Change gpu 1 to gpu 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change gpu 1 to gpu 0: I have windows 11, when i play any game, every one or five minutes i get fps drops and some lag spikes, i dont think that my laptop has problems, when i enter to see in the process manager i see that the intelR UHD Graphics 630 it's gpu 0 and uses the 3D, when my gpu 1 NVIDIA...
  4. Moving 1 Item, 0% complete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving 1 Item, 0% complete: Hi, internet. Its my first time posting here and I do NOT plan to do so in the near future. See, the problem is that I want to transfer some files from one folder to another, and only today it so happens that this error, "Moving <number> items from dir to dir " and it simply...
  5. Moving 1 Item, 0% complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving 1 Item, 0% complete: Hi, internet. Its my first time posting here and I do NOT plan to do so in the near future. See, the problem is that I want to transfer some files from one folder to another, and only today it so happens that this error, "Moving <number> items from dir to dir " and it simply...
  6. Moving 1 Item, 0% complete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Srttrial.txt 0×0 error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Srttrial.txt 0×0 error: When i go advanced settings and repair windows from loadind i get this error..and when i open the file it says hdd errors 0×0 long page..how i fix that?i tried to put every command in cmd doesnt help..and tried many youtube guides ..i thought the prob was on hdd so i bought...
  8. I can't install windows on my device, disk 0, size 0, free 0

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't install windows on my device, disk 0, size 0, free 0: [IMG] Hello I try to install windows on my laptop but him can not read the hdd, I try to clean the hdd, but nothing, I go in to the cmd and type :Diskpart and disk list, the device is showing me only the USB with windows and disk 0, I try again to clean disk 0 and nothing is...
  9. Windows 1 0 Reset recovery

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 1 0 Reset recovery: Hello, I recently had a problem with a company/hacker telling me I had to pay 400+ to get my key to operate my windows again after a trial period. I had also phone calls telling me the same. it warned me not to exit the screen, go to another site etc. or all would be...
  10. Are nested storage spaces possible? (Like RAID 0+1)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Are nested storage spaces possible? (Like RAID 0+1): I recently had a 3TB hard drive fail on me, and I am trying to come up with a much better solution for storing my data so that I don't have to recover everything from CrashPlan again. My plan is to have two 3TB Hard drives connected in RAID 0 (Simple Space) so that I have 6TB...