Windows 10: New BSOD I've Never Seen Before

Discus and support New BSOD I've Never Seen Before in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I multi-boot, main Win 7 and then 2 Win 10's on other drives. It had been at least 10 days since I last booted into them, no problems then, but I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ex_Brit, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Ex_Brit Win User

New BSOD I've Never Seen Before

I multi-boot, main Win 7 and then 2 Win 10's on other drives. It had been at least 10 days since I last booted into them, no problems then, but I was surprised today when I tried.
    Got a smaller than usual BSOD (low res Safe Mode size) and all it said was as follows, even with the smiley:

:-( Your PC ran into a problem & needs to restart. You can restart
    If you'd like to know more you can search online later for this error: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

What the heck is/was that all about?

I managed to boot into Safe Mode OK and ran a system file check.....now it boots fine. I guess I will never know!

:)

Ex_Brit, Feb 6, 2016

2. BSOD error || Error : PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

Original title : PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

Another day, another BSOD. Brand new message I've never seen before while playing CS:GO. Here is the minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao0Qrxmadwobgst1HP_6G2fmiw8tLQ

f54eebf3-9bda-48ae-9451-1fae34519d74, Feb 6, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Executable file I've never seen before [scepraxsvc.exe]

Yes, that would seem to be the root of this file, since it is not a known process, other than on the Steam Community . . .

DaveM121, Feb 6, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

An INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE could be caused by corrupted system files, boot sequence errors, drivers, infection, the file system and the hard drive.

You probably had corrupted system files.

axe0, Feb 7, 2016
  5. Ex_Brit Win User
    Thanks, I was trying to figure out what it was looking for in the boot process and just remembered that I had re-lettered by CD-Rom drive (1st boot device in BIOS), which probably got it upset. No problems before or since thankfully.

Ex_Brit, Feb 7, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    In that case it was a boot sequence error *Wink

axe0, Feb 7, 2016
  7. Ex_Brit Win User
    Systems can be very pernickety at times......for want of a better expression....LOL
    *sarc

Ex_Brit, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New BSOD I've Never Seen Before - Similar Threads - BSOD I've Never

2. BSOD I have never seen before

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD I have never seen before: My computer is a farely powerful computer so I would often put it through a lot at once but when it crashed I was just watching netflix. All of a sudden the screen froze and I couldn't do anything and then shortly after a Blue Screen appeared. Normally I just dismiss these as...
  3. BSOD I have never seen before

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD I have never seen before: My computer is a farely powerful computer so I would often put it through a lot at once but when it crashed I was just watching netflix. All of a sudden the screen froze and I couldn't do anything and then shortly after a Blue Screen appeared. Normally I just dismiss these as...
  4. BSOD I have never seen before

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I've never seen it, before?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've never seen it, before?: My computer is a, Dell laptop.Running windows 10And for some reason, I get this message?I've never seen it, before?Is this something, to do with my rights?What do I, have to do. To, fix it?Thanks, for reading . . . Jerry...
  6. I've never seen it, before?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've never seen it, before?: My computer is a, Dell laptop.Running windows 10And for some reason, I get this message?I've never seen it, before?Is this something, to do with my rights?What do I, have to do. To, fix it?Thanks, for reading . . . Jerry...
  7. I've never seen it, before?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Screen garbage, I've never seen it before.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen garbage, I've never seen it before.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Joshtp152 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/htvp4y/screen_garbage_ive_never_seen_it_before/
  9. BSOD (Except I've never seen that one before)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD (Except I've never seen that one before): So I got a computer which bsoded the first time I booted it : with this BSOD : Inaccessible boot device. I've never run windows with it, nothing, I just pushed the power button au boum, nothing. Has anyone have been confronted to the same issue ? It would save me And what...
  10. Windows crash I've never seen before

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crash I've never seen before: I've googled everything and have not found anything even close. I am running an almost new PC laptop with Windows 10 and all updates. Everything was running perfectly. Today I bought a new monitor that connect through HDMI. I tried it out, all was well and I turned my...