Windows 10: New bugs & exploits being introduced in Windows Media Player in later updates for Windows 10

Discus and support New bugs & exploits being introduced in Windows Media Player in later updates for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a slightly speculative question and it relates to new bugs and/or exploits being introduced into Windows Media Player in later updates to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KevinSchantz, Apr 7, 2020.

1. New bugs & exploits being introduced in Windows Media Player in later updates for Windows 10

Hi,

I have a slightly speculative question and it relates to new bugs and/or exploits being introduced into Windows Media Player in later updates to Windows 10. Around March to August 2019 several windowsreport.com reported about several features not working or broken in Windows Media Player, suggesting that software developers at Microsoft are likely poorly maintaining Windows Media Player as part of later updates to Windows 10.

Basically, my speculation is that either Microsoft doesn't care about Windows Media Player being deprecated or Microsoft developers don't even bother to bug test Windows 10 updates to make sure that Windows Media Player still works in Windows 10.

Does this mean that Microsoft has been wanting to remove Windows Media Player from later updates of Windows 10?

What is the criteria of new bugs & exploits being left in Windows Media Player in updates for Windows 10 unnoticed by Microsoft employees & software developers? I want to here from Microsoft Tech Support.

:)

KevinSchantz, Apr 7, 2020

2. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Apr 7, 2020
  3. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Apr 7, 2020
  4. New bugs & exploits being introduced in Windows Media Player in later updates for Windows 10

THRiLL KiLL, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

New bugs & exploits being introduced in Windows Media Player in later updates for Windows 10

1. New bugs & exploits being introduced in Windows Media Player in later updates for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - bugs exploits being

2. New media player in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New media player in windows 10: Are there some issues running media player 12 in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-media-player-in-windows-10/c15b467b-f1a7-43b6-984e-926e6e13961c
  3. New media player in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New media player in windows 10: Are there some issues running media player 12 in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-media-player-in-windows-10/c15b467b-f1a7-43b6-984e-926e6e13961c
  4. New media player in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New windows 10 media player 12

New windows 10 media player 12: I would like to know how to delete individual songs and not the whole album? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-windows-10-media-player-12/a26a4fee-73d7-4d3f-a371-00d2a1924a94
  6. New windows 10 media player 12

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New windows 10 media player 12: I would like to know how to delete individual songs and not the whole album? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-windows-10-media-player-12/a26a4fee-73d7-4d3f-a371-00d2a1924a94
  7. Windows Media Player bug with removed songs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player bug with removed songs.: Whenever a file is removed manually from a playlist on the Windows Media Player, at the bottom of the playlist, new "files" will appear at the bottom of the playlist, often times amalgamations of other songs in the playlist, or completely blank.This is incredibly...
  8. Windows Media Player bug with removed songs.

Windows Media Player bug with removed songs.: Whenever a file is removed manually from a playlist on the Windows Media Player, at the bottom of the playlist, new "files" will appear at the bottom of the playlist, often times amalgamations of other songs in the playlist, or completely blank.This is incredibly...
  9. Windows Update apparent bugs introduced with Windows 10 20H2.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update apparent bugs introduced with Windows 10 20H2.: So, now, Windows Update displays the following messages: *Some settings are managed by your organization "You're not up to date / Last checked: 6:14 AM" [that was a few minutes ago] Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.I had had...
  10. Media player bug?

in Browsers and Email
    Media player bug?: Whenever I play a video (on Youtube for example) with full screen on, the video will play for a few seconds then revert back to small screen and run another popup ad then play the video from the beginning again. This has been very annoying since the upgrade from Windows 7...